Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

lightpole posted:

Need to distract from unrest at home with foreign adventurism.

Huh I've seen this movie before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I can’t wait for more lockdowns because cops can’t stop killing people

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Remember last year when a cnn reporter was arrested for being black near a protest and how surprising and outrageous it was that cops would be that on the nose about it?

Lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Holy gently caress poor guy

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're a diaperfur so probably.

So that’s a thing :yikes:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I’m calling hung jury, maybe he’s convicted on the lowest charged but then it’s vacated in a couple years

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Noted felon but not the cool kind here to defend the cops.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:decorum:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CommieGIR posted:

I'm fully expecting a deadlocked jury.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
That sounds a super cool way to do sports gently caress billionaires

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

:perfect:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Protectandserve on suicide watch

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
We kinda already sabotaged the viability of an independent Kurdistan. It’s one of the clear ways Trump was obviously worse than the standard liberal/conservative instead of just doing the same lovely things they do but being loud and proud and owning the libs.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wikileaks also has no regard for sources, they never follow OPSEC instructions or anything. Just garbage all around.

Glenn Grennwald is also almost certainly why Reality Winner got caught.

Phineas fisher gave data breeches from a corporate spy firm to them and they started publishing as soon as they got them while she was still actively collecting info and told them to wait a day.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buy and holding stocks will generally work out since number goes up or the entire country collapses and none of your money, land or assets will be worth anything.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

Holy poo poo

Hunter S Thompson predicted the forever war hours after 9/11

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I never considered Tocqueville the precursor of Thompson but that scans thinking about it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
When I got a bad fever from the vaccine I just got alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol, brought my fever down from 104 to 100

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Impossible meat is pretty good, just expensive as hell

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

In other fascism news:

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1387537560100999170

When you're pining for the good old days of De Gaulle and Guerre d'Algérie :france:

I think this crowd is more Vichy than Algeria

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I kinda had a mini one of those while I was on watch at night standing in a field when suddenly I actually became aware of the sheer scale of the night sky and that I was basically just standing exposed with nothing but a thin atmosphere between me and literally everything. It was weird.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

piL posted:

I dunno, I'm not a lawyer. I just remember being guilty of crimes you don't report being unique aspects of the military and/or Stalinist Russia. Our society isn't structured that way unless there are specific reporting laws for specific situations (i.e. health practitioners and rape in California or hiding a felon from the police).

Edit: my intuition is still no, because its not evading the police or detection, but in securing pardon which is sort of past all of that down the line.

In practice it happens all the time with stuff like conspiracy charges. Close family friend of mine did a year and some change in federal prison because he caught a co worker hacking illegally into a competitor and told him to stop, eventually get him fired for being a dipshit. The documentation on why is vague. The only other witness to this personally dies in a car accident.

Years later, just before the statue of limitations would have expired the guy gets caught doing other stuff and says he’ll testify against his “co-conspirators” in other crimes for leniency.

So he ended up with the choice of fighting all kinds of conspiracy to commit fraud and computer hacking charges that could be like 10-20 years or plead out. And this is a well off white dude.

Told me he stopped feeling sorry for himself when he met a lot of black guys who spent their whole adult lives in federal prison for even more trite things as teenagers, a lot who were wrong place wrong time and ended up being fall guys in drug organizations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

You can’t tell me what to do DAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't worry, it's always infrastructure week.