Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

brains
May 12, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like the Times has the receipts. Literally.

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/1377798913885925377

Reading through, it explains the trafficking/drugs stuff and a lot of other bad.

quote:

The Times has reviewed receipts from Cash App, a mobile payments app, and Apple Pay that show payments from Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Greenberg to one of the women, and a payment from Mr. Greenberg to a second woman. The women told their friends that the payments were for sex with the two men

Should anyone inquire about their relationships, one person said, Mr. Gaetz told the women to say that he had paid for hotel rooms and dinners as part of their dates.

It is also a violation of federal child sex trafficking law to provide someone under 18 with anything of value in exchange for sex, which can include meals, hotels, drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. A conviction carries a 10-year mandatory minimum prison sentence.
to use the parlance of AP reporters...ruh roh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brains
May 12, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Wouldn't boats be more useful during a flood than armored amphibious troop carriers?

listen buddy sorry, but you're just not a fit for our culture here in the department

brains
May 12, 2004

McNally posted:

You called an article from the loving Associated Press "clickbait," so stop with this "hmm, makes you think" bullshit.

on the other hand,
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1377306477539508226?s=20

it's obvious it was a bad stop, most likely racially motivated, and most likely the cops will walk. that's fuckin virginia for you.

edit: this is the same state where the local police waged a terror campaign against a black woman city official

brains fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 10, 2021

brains
May 12, 2004

lmfao less than 30 people total got loving dizzy out of 3 million shots per day, shut it all down folks it's not safe!

oh those half a million people who died? no big deal, open 'er up.

brains
May 12, 2004

it really is astonishing how every single goddamn time these dudes just feel compelled to come to the defense of the poor sexual predator

brains
May 12, 2004

Meshka posted:

Lets assume your hypothetical world where law enforcement does not exist. Do you believe that everyone will act in the beat interests of society and others? Will some social worker go and have a chat every time some guy beats his wife? Assuming that all people are inherently good and will act that way without an enforcement mechanism is child like view of the world.

i don't really care about this conversation but picking the threat of domestic violence in particular as your example of why police are needed is just :discourse:

brains
May 12, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah but have you seen Iceland?

to be fair, the former ambassador to iceland felt the same way

brains
May 12, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Yes! The texts are from Greenberg, who is in jail after getting charged with 33 counts by the feds. Stone's probably in the clear on this one, as he was only theoretically going to get paid to chase the pardon (legal - just can't buy a pardon yourself).

Gaetz has a lot of poo poo to worry about because his hookup very clearly wrote a lot of poo poo down and is either singing to the feds or has very, very poor safeguards on his poo poo. I'd bet the former - Greenberg's obviously the big fish in this case, but he probably is trying to convince the feds that he could help bag them a Congressman.

am i missing something or did Greenberg admit a sexual crime with a minor to Stone, who then did nothing except try to grift off it? Is he not an accessory after the fact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brains
May 12, 2004

like i'm no fancy big city lawyer or nothin, but i'm pretty sure that if someone approached you to say "heck yeah dude, my friend and i have been having sex with minors!! just need you to make it go away!" and you don't report it, you're now an accessory