Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

So, if the person hopped out with a knife, and 2 cops were shot, I guess we know who shot the cops then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

this is what's known as a 'slam dunk', right?

It's about a politician. No consequences will ever come of this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I read the first page and was all "Oh, normal PI posters just being super assholes, nothing weird about this" but then I got to the 2nd page.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What I find weird though is he banmed like 5 months later. Not immediately once he realized his posting career was over.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah number of items is always a problematic measure. I remember seeing some crazy number for a local department once and actually dug into it and it was a fuckton of k9 safety equipment adding to the numbers. The objection is to requesting one tank, saying “sure we’ll eventually run through a conex full of doggles “ is exactly the idea behind the program. Maybe only let fire departments use the program or something.

It's like you see a news article "Man arrested with FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS of ammunition"

Like, if anyone owns a 22 they've probably got that just in their range bag.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

BARK BARK tic, tic, tic, tic BARK BARK

Are you saying that DMX is Boat FCing?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never heard Boat's dog in six full years, I'm not entirely sure it's made up :thunk:

I think boat's dog died 8 years ago.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Wouldn't boats be more useful during a flood than armored amphibious troop carriers?

Yes. But the kind of boats you'd get for that don't let you cosplay being a real army man that you never got to do because of your bone spurs.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Did they copy oracles api for their own software or did they just use the api oracle published for accessing oracles software?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lake of Methane posted:

I also just wanted to say gently caress Oracle and recall that the software with a convoluted and confusing workflow that resulted in Citibank inadvertently sending $500 million out to Revlon creditors was another Oracle gem, "Flexcube."

Reminder that Oracle was contracted by the state of oregon to write the healthcare marketplace for the state, and the project cost over $200 million, never worked, and caused a whole bunch of lawsuits.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Current event: dinosaurs are not extinct.

We already knew that. We just use their eggs for breakfast and religious events, and build tiny houses for them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

Considering I had someone with a GEWNS tag(which requires an SA account)

That is not really the case anymore. A lot of active SA posters who play Eve who are in the imperium have gone to alt corps or other member corps. Which means the number of people with GEWNS tags who aren't actual SA posters but are directors or something that needs them to be in Goonfleet proper is a higher ratio than it used to be.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

2- we are far enough removed from my war that sharing details shocks people. Casually answering questions like "How many concussions?" With "Do you want physical blows only, or blast overpressure, too?"

I don't think I can even give a count.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

But also braces are gross and you should SBR stuff...barring state law issues. The “ghost guns” will probably just make 80% frames FFL items, but I’m not sure that can even be done as an executive action and it probably is related a rules making process same with 80% stuff.

The 80% number itself is effectively an ATF number they picked. Pretty sure they can just EO that dial down to 0% to effectively ban 80% lowers.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa nice. Bob Hoskins was perfect for that role. Interesting to see their other casting options, Harrison Ford might have been ok but Chevy Chase no way. Robin Williams would have been fun, dunno about Bill Murray. He's great but not sure if non-stop sarcasm would have worked if he was bouncing off the rabbit instead of Egon.

As much as I love williams I don't think he could possibly play the straight man in a loony toons adventure.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Without question the worst opinion you've ever posted

That's a tall order.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

This is me posting trying to get a probe, gunny

hello.jpg

Hello old friend.

Edit: Also I guess we've reached a point where people don't understand the whole dream sequence thing?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hekk posted:

LOL Sorry I probated the wrong person because I AM an Idiot King.

This is the perfect snipe.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hekk posted:

I need to choose whether to put Iraq or Afghanistan Vet on my license plate so I can get out of speeding tickets.

Can you get one for the front and one for the back?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

They limit it to combat veterans only?

Do you have to have been in combat to get the inherent resolve campaign medal, or the Iraq Campaign Medal?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm pretty entertained that pook comes along and pulls a VFW and completely misses the joke.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

This is the song of the end in England?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozuFCYJQ4os

I like how that album has an Ibiza tag on it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, who would ever think that Ride the Lightning is a euphemism for being killed by the state? It's not like there was a 6x platinum album of the name with the title track about being murdered by the state.

Edit: And it was confirmed by the very cop when he said "you should be" in response to the victim saying he's afraid to get out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Best Friends posted:

Based on what reasonable, even good Marines I knew would start posting on Facebook once they became cops, every year more sadistic and antagonistic to common society, I don't think training is the problem. Culturally cops see themselves as an occupying force on hostile streets, protectors of a decadent and unworthy public.The only solution is weakening the institution overall, shifting cop money into other avenues. From a diminished state they might fix themselves or might not, but they can at least do less harm. My own city has pumped huge amounts of money and training on our cops, and they're worse and more contemptuous of the pubic than ever.

There is no "the" problem. There are many problems, some dependent on other problems for their existence, some not.

Training cops to see every person around them as a target and to treat them as such is "A" problem.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

Serious question: Is it standard procedure for police to keep their firearms in condition 0 when they're working? It seems like having to actually chamber a round would be a good way to prevent a) uncool things like negligent discharges, and b) loving killing somebody with the wrong goddamn weapon.

This is the same class of gun users who had department armorers replacing trigger springs to 12 loving pounds.

And they were still NDing into their legs/suspects/cars.

The only way to have a cop be safe with a firearm is to remove the firearm from the cop.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Why do you feel so unsafe going outside of your home though. Be specific.

More to the point, what the hell makes you think cops existing is going to help you? They don't stop crime. Like, ever. They're there to clean up afterwards.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is "two-minute" a code word for cops?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

McNally posted:

holy poo poo

Do you see why we dogpile McNally?

I will ask my question again in a slightly reworded way in hopes of maybe getting an answer. Have you ever been the subject of a robbery or violence that a police officer has stopped?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

it would be a wild waste of funds to actually fire them into the sun.

It's cheaper to yeet them out of the solar system then to fire them into the sun. We're already orbiting at a bit more than half of the escape velocity of the sun, so it would take more delta v to cancel that movement than to just keep going the way we already are and join Voyager.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PookBear posted:

we went through four years of trump and decrying the constant cronyism and self dealing but now bribes are OK

Pookie, go back to good posting and stop being dumb okay?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eej posted:

I'm literally talking about reality. Two statements:

bribery is morally wrong and we should not be encouraging or accepting it

paying bribes is a cost of doing business internationally

So paying bribes to get poo poo done out there is not morally acceptable but we do it anyway because the costs of taking a stand are very high and our ability to influence foreign nation's corruption is minimal at best. Bribery on home soil should have zero tolerance and the fuzzy language being thrown around suggests (rightfully or not) some people think that bribery at home is also just the cost of doing business.

I'd imagine that the amount of fuzzy language about bribes is proportional to how much leverage the speaker has to fight that bribery, or how much it impacts them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Godholio posted:

and that is not loving pedantry.

It's funny how it's always pedantry and never EVER unclear word choice on purpose to gently caress with people.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

If you for example make it so that speeding was punishable by a week in the local jail that would still have racial and class biased fiscal consequences, as a wealthy individual not being able to work for a week is no where near the crippling act it could be for someone at the poverty line.

Equitable punishment is very hard to codify.

Isn't there some euro country that bases all their traffic fines on a percentage of monthly wage or some such?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Look maybe i'm just salty but failing to signal is also a safety issue. Use your blinkers people!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SchnorkIes posted:

Any time you are saying you're ok with something being criminalized, realize you're saying it merits summary execution in the US.

Cool story.

Anyway my point, which I feel really loving weird having to point out, is that using your turn signal does not belong in the list of things one does with a car that is not a safety issue.

It belongs in the list of things which are safety issues. Because using your turn signal to signal you are turning is a safety thing. It's not on the same list as things like, for example, just out of my rear end, not having your license plate light working, or having an "obstructed" license plate, or having expired tags. Those are not safety issues.

Safety issues, for example, would be things like not using your turn signal to indicate you are turning or changing lanes. Speeding and weaving through traffic. Using your phone while driving. Driving in the bike lane or on the sidewalk.

I hope this has been made sufficiently clear for you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, but who’s going to implement malicious compliance? No kid deserves to be subjected to such “investigations”, even if their parents are transphobic shitheads.

I wonder if it even occured to them that someone might use this against boys teams. Maliciously or not.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Was it really the vaccines or just less coverage time because of the 24/7 trump saying something stupid coverage?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I thought you were kidding

:lol:

That video is great, dunno why you should think they're kidding.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just read "bronycon" and immediately rolled my eyes.

Gimme a minute, I'll watch it

You're gonna need a bunch of minutes. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't feel like clicking that, can you vaguely describe what it was in a way that won't make anyone projectile-vomit?

People re-litigating the FYAD deletion, FYAD defender logs in to doxx his posting enemy as a baby fur zoophilic person. Basically proving the point. Both posters permad.