Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Sakurazuka posted:

Siren Nagatoro-san coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I wouldn't call Outlaw Star a classic. I remember being distinctly underwhelmed when I watched it. Punchy starships were funny but that was about it.

Then again it was part of my introductory rampage through the most popular anime when I first started watching, so I was comparing it directly to like, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I certainly did not see the end of Mashiro no Oto 1 coming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I never would have guessed that Sentouin and Mashiro no Ota have the same director. Different production teams other than that though.

edit: God I love Megalobox. Nomad looks and sounds just as good as the first season.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 4, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Odd Taxi is pretty neat. The contrast between the weird and gritty dialog and the cute art style is delightful.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't know how Slime Diaries came out as a full-length 23-minute episode show. I don't necessarily mind, but it's not what I would have remotely expected of this sort of thing.
I'm surprised there's enough material for a full season of it even with the visible padding.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

My favorite moment in Odd Taxi was the twitter guy mentioning foreigners tweeting about gender issues in Japan. That's what I call gritty and realistic dialog.

Saint's Magic Power has much more interesting visual direction than your average isekai.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 7, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Full Dive had a pretty dark and amusing twist. If it keeps that tone it could be pretty great. Judging from the ED it doesn't though.

Super Cub's color saturation manipulation was pretty neat.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 7, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I for one look forward to the adventures of a girl and her possessed murder scooter.

Seriously how does one of those kill three people?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

ZLSR 1 was kind of eh since it seemed focused on resetting the plot over telling jokes. I'm willing to give it another chance.

It's a testament to the fundamental strength of Way of the House Husband's material that even though I've read the manga and the adaptation is practically a motion comic it's still making me laugh. At the very least it does get comedic timing right.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

86 seems like it could be a fun SF story but it was a weird choice to give away the twist in the first few seconds and then spend the rest of the episode pretending there's some kind of mystery left there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

To Your Eternity looks good so far, and now that it's airing it's time to remind everyone the original manga is by the author of A Silent Voice and it's great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I hope the title isn't a lie because the childhood friend owns

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Moriarty S1 felt like it was almost all setup and kind of boring, but in S2 that's finally all over with and the story is spreading it's fantastically dumb wings in the best way.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 18, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm surprisingly digging the wistful moody boy plays shamisen show.
Turns out I loved shamisen music and never knew it until now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Also Vivy: This is why you don't just inject any strange hyper-advanced AI virus liquids a stranger gives you!

And yeah, Matsumoto is nowhere near as smart as he claims to be if his response to "the things we're doing seem to be speeding up the AI apocalypse instead of averting it" is "weird, anyway, let's keep going." If we hadn't seen him being sent back in time by a human I'd assume he was sent back by Skynet. Maybe it'll turn out that scene was deliberately misleading somehow.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 24, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Come With Me If You Want To Viv

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Okay Childhood Friend would actually be an extremely good comedy OVA if it ended with the punchline of episode 4.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Yeah Mars Red turned into a completely different and much less interesting show after episode 1.

It's not terrible, but it's not doing much of anything new.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

That's below average, what a deal!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Any chance of seeing the crazy princess again in S4? She was easily the best character in Overlord.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Jymmybob posted:

Agreeing with most lists but Godzilla Singular Point should be showing up more. It's really really good and feels like the most complete execution of anything this season, even considering great stuff like Vivy.
It's in Netflix jail so it won't be legally available for most people until it's done. Be sure to remind people how great it is then.

it is really great btw.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Full Dive is a real contrast to the Cautious Hero adaptation. I have no idea how faithful that one was to the original work but it managed to tell a complete story in one cour. FD barely feels like it's started.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

This week's episode of shamisen anime left me pretty confused about the protagonist's family tree.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

weekly back arrow update: how the gently caress are they ending this show in 2 eps lol
Two episodes seems like enough since there's really only two things left to do: 1) finish revealing Arrow's origin 2) kill God.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Buy a super cub or your friends will die.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

The United States posted:

What animes are like From Dusk Til Dawn levels of deceptive where they are completely one thing for half/a good chunk and then turn into something else entirely?
Attack on Titan. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I was pretty disappointed with Jouran's ending. If you're going to kill the main character at least let her do something first.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Tanon posted:

Anyone been watching Snow White Notes? Just saw the finale episode and it really felt like half of a two cour for sure. Iíve definitely been enjoying the music in it and Iím glad they brought back the first OP this episode as well. Crazy to think this stacked season is finally coming to a close.
Yeah if I could pick one series this season to get another cour it would definitely be the winner. I don't care if it doesn't have the most gripping narrative inject that shamisen straight into my veins.

Also wow the mom really sucks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

roobots posted:

Funimation posted an early 24hr preview of the first episode of Sonny Boy. I was expecting it to be weird, but it's somehow even weirder and cooler than I thought it'd be.
I don't know what's going on here but I like it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Wait, Night Head? Wasn't that like a VN or something from the same guys that did Steins Gate?
I think that one was called Chaos Head

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Kageki Shoujo looking pretty good. Hard to go wrong with a giant genki girl.

I can see why it took years of isekai adaptations for Realist Hero to get its turn. Characters sitting around talking about politics and economics works better in text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

The Detective Is Already Dead struck me as the most light novel thing I've ever seen.