Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
slime 300 falls apart later on, but the anime will probably only cover the early good parts. so, fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trigun tv having an open-ended ending was the way to go. the manga came to an actual conclusion but none of it was very good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a very mild story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't have to be fukuyama himself, but i desperately hope they get someone who can do a proper lelouch voice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
perhaps one of the members was in the same room as a joint. it's truly chilling what depths people will sink to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
confusing non sequiturs is a posting power move.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
divine realms generally count as other worlds and there are a metric fuckton of myths where humans go to one. it's not a new concept.

heck, afterlife parables are isekai stories.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though there were definitely others kumoko was the popular one that started the trend. it's not like there's an obscure origin for any of these, really. it's just what was popular on narou 10-15 years ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Erg posted:

give us the human version of the warthog

turn your monitor off

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nagatoro is about a sadist and a masochist flirting so hard that it sometimes becomes s&m foreplay. to those of us who aren't masochists it just looks like she is being mean for no reason.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if there is a consensus at all it leans toward pro

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm surprisingly digging the wistful moody boy plays shamisen show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of what actually happens is either a cliche or intensely dumb. but it is all put together very well and set to rad shamisen music, so who cares?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it seems a bit stifling if the already tiny shamisen scene only acknowledges variations on preexisting pieces and not new pieces.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
konosuba is about assholes you end up rooting for. combatants is about assholes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first episode was enough of a complete story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, the feng shui tomb raider wn was this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a single incoherent isekai as opposed to daomu biji which is apparently a multimedia hit with tons of spinoffs. i guess that explains why there were so many tomb raider manhua and webnovels coming out for a while.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i made fun of it once in the wn thread.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga also does the spider parts very well. every single fight in the anime has been complete rear end which is a real problem when 99% of kumoko's life in the labyrinth consisted of fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real trick is to not watch anything while loudly complaining that all of it is bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that doesn't happen. whenever someone engages in detailed cooking everyone who eats it is required to act as though there's an electrode stimulating the pleasure center of their grotesque exposed brain. i think that simile got away from me a little.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
very few people were aware of it, but mithril was a subsidiary of amalgam all along.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

So much for avoiding novel spoilers for my favorite show for almost twenty years. : (

it's 20 year old spoilers and you can just buy the books now. there's no indication that the rest of it will ever be animated.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Spoiler tags cost nothing, and if they can "just buy the books now" why would you still leave that unhidden before they've had a chance to read them?

because it is from 20 year old books that have been available in english for at least 10 years. "i desperately want to know how the story ends, but not enough to actually find out" is some real bullshit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not even an important detail because mithril was already destroyed at the beginning of invisible victory. who gives a poo poo about the origin of a defunct organization?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, no one ever fell in love with lupin because of his looks. dude has always looked like a monkey.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is funny when he commits crimes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cologne!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think that would fly because very few people in japan have lawns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i miss lots of stuff i might have enjoyed. that's life for you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
then there is ex-arm, which has transcended such lowly concepts as good and bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a very striking show but the writing is all kinds of bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gacha games are there to be somewhat entertaining for a while and then ditched as soon as you get bored. genshin is just a slightly shinier version.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
negative examples don't mean poo poo during a boom. there will be more and more anime pumped out to the absolute limit of what the actual people making it can handle and beyond until the bubble bursts and it stops being quite so profitable. that's when you instead get the fun of layoffs. blah blah blah, capitalism.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my modest hope is that the story will be coherent and the getter pilots will be howling murderous madmen. the latter is a pretty safe bet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tiers, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd probably hate moriarty too if i took it even slightly seriously.