Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love the conversions in Oddtaxi, they have a certain flow to them that I enjoy a lot. The entire scene in the doctor's office is real good.

Edit: also the OP is chill as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_cLtW3PnA

interesting take on the animal-people conceit as well, since it's implied that they're all just normal humans and this is how odakawa sees them

it's hooked me if only so i can see how the melancholic slow-paced conversations shown in the first episode will escalate into the crime drama hinted at in the trailers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

stealing-and-dealing meds from her office to pay off student loans, which somehow got her mixed up with criminal baboon, who is connected to crooked cop, which ends with baboon pulling a gun on the depressed middle-aged taxi driver who hallucinates everyone around him as animal-people and is harboring a teenage runaway of unknown significance

this show has a lot going on beneath the hood

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Talorat posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone actually is animals, as the bar lady referred to his friend as a hopeless monkey

rewatched that scene in the first episode and that line never comes up. no one makes the animal comparisons besides odawaka himself, and the doctor and nurse treat his describing them as "gorilla" and "alpaca" with a mix of amusement and concern. this is also explicitly our world as opposed to some zootopia-esque analogue, and odakawa's flashbacks all have human silhouettes

we're only two eps in but my sense right now is that the animal-people aesthetic in this show is mainly to illustrate odakawa's alienation from everyone else