Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

trigun makes me sad because i think tsuneo imahori stopped making music for anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Vivy's first episode was pretty good, but I have to arch a snarky eyebrow at Fukuyama voicing what amounts to a personality sphere from Portal and the the assorted AI all having easily discernible rampancy indicator on them like in Detroit

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Tried watching the first episode of Sentouin yada yada and man, I think Konosuba being as good as it is must be down to the anime staff's doing, because the adaptations of the author's other stuff has been a bit crap (meanwhile Princess Connect was good, if a bit insubstantial)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

I wasn't expecting much from Full Dive but surprisingly "What if a VR MMO, but in hardcore realism mode" is actually a pretty comically ripe concept, and hearing it's from the Shinchou Yuusha author gives me hopes it should be able to manage at least a single cours worth of amusement

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Vivy 4 is still good though I gotta be honest I can't watch robot martial artistry without comparing it (usually not favorably) to Real Drive in the back of my brain

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Strange Quark posted:

The problem is that a lot of services don't give you a text border option at all (e.g., Netflix, Youtube).

The way a lot of services treat their subtitles makes me long for the days of hard-encoded subs on the video, frankly

It's gonna be "fun" seeing how Netflix handles all those text-captioned Line stamps that aren't spoken in Godzilla SP

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Is it airing anywhere else (outside of Japan and Asia)? I wouldn't be surprised if the censorship kept up, or alternately they could air a Blade of the Immortal style notice at the beginning of each episode

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

MHA isn't tackling all the complicated root causes of trouble in society because superheroes, even if they existed, probably couldn't

Or more likely, given that they are by definition brightly colored weirdos who beat people up semi-professionally, they shouldn't.

Would you want a pro wrestler to be in charge of reforming the healthcare industry or helping protect endangered children?! That's what you're asking for with superheroes! Ask the people of Knox County how well it's going for them!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Between this poster and the rumors of Part 6 being in London, I wonder if Lupin is going to be in some Dr. Jekyll trouble

...granted, in the actual book Jekyll's real problem is that he's repressed and gets his jollies from letting Hyde out, so I'm not sure that aspect of it would be applicable at all with Lupin... but maybe he'll shoot Zenigata or something?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

I know Gen Fukunaga has that weird church and at points passed it seemed to have a bigger presence within the greater Funimation apparatus, but has it really been as much of a thing since the Sony buyout?

Maxwell Adams posted:

alright Kodakawa
that's cool
WHERE THE HELL IS KONOSUBA S3

they're waiting to see if literally anything else written by the author is a success before making more, i think

either that or they're gonna make more priconne instead

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 19, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kwyndig posted:

Weren't people earlier in the thread saying things like Mars Red and Joran were neck and neck for worst show of the season?

it turns out people on the internet in general, and this website in particular, really love the exaggerate how terrible things are

i mean, come on,, there was a battle athletes sequel season this cour of all things

Davincie posted:

new youjo senki felt like an adaptation of the (correctly) cancelled manga spinoff where they eat food

It wasn't particularly good but the idea of having an episode in the barrel to launch coinciding with a new season announcement is kinda neat

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Tales of Woe posted:

"mappa doing it" is probably a negative at this point unless its one of the big shonens that are getting their actual resources

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1408103922158510082

This explains some of the story leaks I had seen floating around, if they're bringing in every Tom Dick and Harry to work on stuff just to get it done

Surprising that it looked as good as it did, in spite of all that. Upsetting, too, if they look at the end result and go "WELL IT WORKED, DIDN'T IT? SO WHY SHOULD WE BOTHER TRYING TO RUN THINGS IN A MORE REASONABLE FASHION!"

Raenir Salazar posted:

RWBY is actually a decently animated show, Hbomb's review only really covers Volumes 1 and 2 and I imagine most people who stopped watching it did so by Vol 3.

the way rwby looks is only a piece of the puzzle as to why people hate it as much as they do

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Count me in as one of the people who finds the situation in Slime to be less questionable from a moral standpoint and more amusingly tonally inconsistent

It'd maybe be less so if the show hadn't been all soft edges and power of friendship since it's start, but to go from that to "Take no prisoners (literally)" is funny. Although the way it treats it as a purely logical action done in pursuit of a greater good feels like the author trying to have their fun revenge scenario while also retaining the moral high ground , which makes me wanna roll my eyes.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

should the title for the Summer thread be "Coolkyoushinseason"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

*edit* I don't know how or why this double posted