Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

drat, Odd Taxi coming out of the gate strong. This is shaping up to be an interesting season.

EDIT: The Tweets are real, and from a year ago.
https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1314943016344453122?s=20

Squidster fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Nomad firing on all cylinders three weeks straight. I liked the first season of Megalobox well enough, but Nomad feels like an entirely new, much more confident show.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'll Be Back ( for an encore )
Hasta La Vivy, Baby
Swan Songs for Robot Dolls

It's a little entertaining to me that we have three inhuman doll shows; Zombieland, Shadows House, and now Vivy.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Tamba posted:

I don't think anyone believes that the living dolls in Shadows House are actually dolls instead of humans who had their memories wiped with shadow juice. Them actually being dolls would be the biggest possible twist.
How dare you insinuate that the noble Shadows family could be untruthful with their indoctrinated slave labour.

On that note, there's a pretty good English cover of the ending here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhUlkKckaJo

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

The spinoff series, Vigilantes, has a more fleshed out look at the setting. It goes into how people with inhuman-looking quirks are discriminated against, and pushed to find remote housing where their ugliness won't bother people. There's a preying mantis guy who complains about how humiliating it is to poo poo in a bathtub, because nobody makes toilets for giant insects.

There's a Lois Lane-expy who say the only difference between a hero and a villain is their PR team. They both cause massive property damage and do as they please. But reckless cops are attractive, edgy, and state media approved.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I really quite enjoyed the first Gridman, but I agree that Dynazenon is coasting on the laurels of its predecessor. It's a likeable cast and I appreciate the slice-of-life style pacing, but none of the character payoffs have felt earned. Several characters have had their arcs resolved in a single episode by outside forces.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

How did 86 turn out? Is it worth catching up on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I marathoned 86 over the weekend, and it was real good and real emotionally exhausting.

quote:

“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.