Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mars Red should get a siren, that first episode was extremely cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

The Something Awful Forums > ADTRW > Spring 2021: No Way, Josei

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hoo wow, I am glad I didn't pass on Pretty Boy Detective Club. This whole show is just a kaleidoscope of pretty things. I mean, I knew the boys would be pretty, but so is everything else. All the art is pretty. The directing itself is pretty.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

https://twitter.com/jahysama_anime/status/1382997382049247236

Jahy is getting an anime.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

I don't know what Pretty Boy Detective Club is doing, but it's doing a great job.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

I want somebody to go ahead and spoil the dumb thing Moriarty is doing.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

that episode of ZLS was too boring for me, it was like an idol anime

It's really just more of season 1. Two-episode story arcs where one of the girls isn't sure if she's really motivated to be a member of Franchouchou, but then she is because the girls really care about each other.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Forgall posted:

I love how the basic premise of To Your Eternity is just "what if The Thing was a bit nicer?"

It's more like a reverse Lovecraftian horror story. An eldritch being from beyond the stars comes to earth and finds humans. This leaves the eldritch being a shattered wreck in mind and body, knowing nothing but suffering and madness.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Any strong opinions on Mars Red one way or another yet? Been considering checking it out.

Episode 1: Vampires are weird, inscrutable, and insane. Every part of the show is dripping with style.
Episode 2+: Vampires are criminals. Oh no, they're smuggling vampire drugs, send in the vampire cops. Where did the style go.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Looks like the Honda Super Cub is seeing a popularity explosion in tiny south Asian countries.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kwyndig posted:

They don't need to, they both have fax machines. They want to.

Just like the recent episode made a point of showing her driving past train stations.

This show is seriously just a step and half away from being a Honda Super Cub themed screen saver. It's good though.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

This last episode of Vivy is super cool, even if I barely understand what's going on.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Doodles posted:

In a desperate attempt to try to divert this derail back onto the tracks, has anyone ever made an anime about lawn mowers?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm just baffled how anyone has the time and energy to spend on something they don't enjoy watching :psyduck:

sometimes the OP is really good so I just keep watching

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Omnicrom posted:

I mean, you aren't wrong and it is, but I'm not sure that's exactly how I would sell the show to someone…

It's definitely worth mentioning. Vivy isn't exactly an action show, but when the action kicks off it's amazing. Every hit has real weight and impact. The fight choreography is great. It does the cool thing where the action syncs up with the soundtrack.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Between Vivy, 86, and Godzilla SP, this has been one hell of a strong season for sci-fi.

Oddly weak season for comedy though. I tried Full Dive, Combatants, House Hunting Dragon, and Slime, but none of them got a laugh out of me.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Waffleman_ posted:

Tanya season 2

alright Kodakawa
that's cool
WHERE THE HELL IS KONOSUBA S3

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

The Black Stones posted:

I am entirely unsurprised that the show had animation problems.

You might be surprised by just how bad it got.

https://i.imgur.com/vGMP8Ch.mp4

Look at it.

You were so distracted by the badly tiling textures, you didn't even notice that the characters on the right are 2d sprites.

Bonus: this scene takes place in a forest, but they're re-using the desert scene, which they already re-used for another battle, in a completely different place, earlier that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

The last episode of Wonder Egg is bad. It's as if someone put a lot of thought into making it as bad as possible.

Half of the double-length episode is just a recap. Then the new stuff starts, and half of it is just nothing. Outstanding plot points from the previous episode are dropped. They manage to find the time to address an older mystery, and the overall themes of the show, in the worst way possible. It doesn't actually conclude the story, though, it ends on a sequel hook.