Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mars Red and Joran have some overlap in premise, but both are gorgeous and stylish in their own ways.
Mashiro no Oto and Vivy were a lot more engaging than I expected going in.
I expect Koi to Yobu to be a hit with the crowd who liked Domestic Girlfriend. Not my cup of tea, but it seems decently well executed.

Obviously haven't seen everything that's going to come out, but between what I've seen and the much-anticipated continuations the base quality level for this season looks to be fairly high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

the twewy band drummer thing wasnt actually drugs, it was email scams lol. like a nigerian prince type of thing. send me this amount of money and i will send you a larger sum, in the future

Next we'll see Mario arrested for running an "It'sa me!" phone scam.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in a well and die.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FilthyImp posted:

Alice and Narnia don't count because there's a method of transmission that remains open.

That depends on which book you're reading for the Chronicles. LWW and MN have hopping back and forth between worlds, in others they're summoned and don't have access to a way back without doing something like reaching the Edge of the World.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I just want to point out that Fruits Basket is back on, and we're getting into the meaty revelations about the Soma family.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

dogsicle posted:

it seems understandable, i'm just not sure why someone would want to watch it as the first twewy thing. it's directly adapting a game while being shorter than the game, so it's obviously going to miss stuff.

my excuse is i'm being forced

Maybe they just want the major plot beats without playing Sweet Talk Tether Simulator 2008.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Raenir Salazar posted:

a catchy term for it (as an umbrella term for all of them). Like people who think they're the reincarnation of Dragons or aliens etc.

The term is tumblr.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

shamisen anime was better before they got to school

I like his dynamic with the ponytail girl way better than with the presumptive love interest.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shinjobi posted:

I just watched the 3rd episode of "I shaved and then brought a high school girl home." This series is one I was kinda on the fence about, due to it revolving around a pretty traumatized person, and I've gotta say this last episode really struck me in the worst way. It's one thing to have confrontations between mc and this girl where she is trying yet again to barter her body for her stay, which while disgusting is pretty much where she's at by this point of the series. It's another to have the anime just loving linger in on zooms over her lingerie'd tits and rear end repeatedly during this confrontation. It was disgusting. There have been plenty of other tone deaf adapations, but this one just irritated the hell out me.

In that case it seems diegetic, in that the camera is going along with what she's attempting to do.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chiasaur11 posted:

Twitter makes people worse.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The problem is that the tech might be damaged now, but they're sending Vivy back to a moment where it was all primed and ready to go back the full century, and they could reach it in time (they specifically say NOT to go save Osamu, remember). Just go again from there!

Potential excuse for writer to use: If the system operates off of stored energy, and they use enough to send her back a century, then there might not be enough left in the near future to send her back the small jump.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ironically, GE: Good Ending did not have a good ending.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shion posted:

gently caress the slime! :)

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ninjewtsu posted:

I wish I could say that one punch man tricked a bunch of writers into thinking that having an OP protagonist is cool and exciting. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure having an OP protagonist for wish fulfillment is just really popular whether or not there was a recent example of it being done well, it's just more egregious now that there's a well done example to compare them against

I think OP protags have been around since epics passed down through oral tradition.

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mentat Radnor posted:

Shirobako was a documentary.

Or that episode of HackaDoll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 5, 2009

bless this post ~kya

kater posted:

Surely nothing on earth could be more light novel than Violet Evergarden.

Horizon on the Edge of Nowhere?