Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Colonel posted:

actual cygames staff right now: we have created a popular and well-liked ip with recognizable and lovable characters. we should give it a definitive ending that cuts off opportunities for further merchandizing

Haruhi Suzumiya staff many years ago: this is a popular and well liked ip. we should definitely spend our money making the same episode 8 times in a row so as to discourage future investor interest in a new non-spinoff season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

The Colonel posted:

is this just a coincidence or are you randomly transplanting this from the anime discussion thread

Just coincidence. That being said I bet that it gets discussed at least a couple times a year in the discussion thread given how contentious it is.

Strange Quark posted:

you know this is not nearly the same thing because the light novels were on hiatus forever, so there was a very definitive cap on source material to adapt

Eh, it might not be exact but it gets my point across. Sometimes people in charge of shows or manga make really stupid decisions. IMO Endless 8 was a poor decision that cost them audience goodwill but that is not really provable. Also Endless 8 made me mad so I'll take potshots at it occasionally.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think its a little questionable to ignore both the movie adaption and the Nagato spinoff series; clearly there's interest in adapting more Haruhi despite KyoAni's missteps (but I also happen to be a sucker for the kind of artsy batshit decisions like Endless Eight) but as others note, the output of the LN author is basically even slower than George R.R Martin's. The most recent content there's not really enough for a new 2-cours season. You got some random one shot chapters and I think 1 not-adapted full LN volume?

This is well put and I may as well put my crackpot theory out there: the angry reactions to Endless 8 shook the author's confidence (angry feedback, regardless of amount can stand out) and knocked them into a hiatus.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Bro, attack on titan ended today. You can't be doing this.

What? Is this a spoiler or something in some insane way? I've never even watched AoT.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

bro this happened over ten years ago

Here's a quote from the last page of the previous anime discussion thread:

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's been a while since I watched Haruhi, what was she mad at in that scene again? I assume Kyon?

Haruhi pretty clearly is likely to be discussed at least semi regularly, and goons being goons are likely to argue about it. I don't have search but I would be interested if someone who did looked at the discussion threads for instances of Endless 8.

GorfZaplen posted:

I stand with CrazySalamander.

Thanks. I do feel like a lot of the people posting in this thread have a lot of "someone is wrong on the internet" vibe.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Erg posted:

but what if you’re wrong

If I'm wrong about goons arguing about endless 8 that's great! That means I get to learn something.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

dogsicle posted:

all of the shows on that list are available on Funimation if not elsewhere...except ROD TV and Occult Academy

but also yes people should watch Samumenco

Wagnaria isn’t available anywhere other than Crunchyroll.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Does k-on get better after episode 3?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Threatening to perform homicidal arson is a way to get a rise out of people, especially if you're someone who otherwise has zero other means of impacting the real world.

But people have to take that seriously, because it turns it's actually a dangerously easy thing to do. And unlike with gun control, you can't restrict and licence the sale of gasoline, not if you want to live in a modern industrial society with motor transportation.

They are putting restrictions on sale of gas in Japan though.

The Japan Times posted:

Japanese government to tighten gasoline sale rules after Kyoto arson attack

Oct 27, 2019
The government will tighten rules on the sale of gasoline following a deadly arson attack on a Kyoto Animation Co. studio in July, officials said Saturday.

The Fire and Disaster Management Agency will revise an ordinance and oblige gas stations and other sellers to conduct ID checks and ask customers the reason for the purchase, possibly starting next February, the officials said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Summer 2021: Imagine Doom Flags