Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

3d Tohru is real and can hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm interested to see where TWEWY goes since it already has some minor divergences from the game, possibly just for the sake of brevity. It looks pretty good in motion, though I'll agree the noise aren't great.Making something with a completely out of place art style can work, but it's not really landing here. The graffiti limbs thing I think would've been almost impossible to really translate into a 3d look.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if slime witch's hair looking kind of like ant mandibles is intentional, given her backstory.

Also I'm glad her hat is sufficiently large.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Loan words are a thing for a reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The childhood friend who won't lose seems like it could be fun. Interesting relationship chart being set up and things heated up a bit in the first episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ANN reviews own.

quote:

Why does someone who died at twenty-seven from workplace abuse have absolutely no friends, family, hobbies, or personal goals that she will miss in this new world?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

I hope the title isn't a lie because the childhood friend owns

She knows what she wants and she will get it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Second TWEWY episode was a massive improvement over the first one, in case anyone still cares - this time they didn't try to cram way too much material into a single episode, so there's actual character moments and funny bits and the pacing actually works.

Makes me sad the first episode was so bad. :(

Agreed, the second episode was a lot better, though I don't think the first was terrible, just tried to compress too much. I like that it's giving a decent amount of early focus to Beat as well. He was kind of underdeveloped in the game as I remember, compared to the others.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nomura owns and I will tolerate no haters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Super Cub girl by the end of the show:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Having never watched Konosuba, I've been enjoying Combatants Will Be Dispatched so far. As I understand Konosuba fans would probably not consider it to be bringing anything really new, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brutal Garcon posted:

The biggest problem with Combatants is that fan artists don't draw the cleric girl enough.

Actually it's that Heine isn't a main cast member.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

They should make an anime for that manga by the Kannou-sensei lady about the art student that fucks an art gallery owner

Production committees are cowards.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I liked the first three episodes of Higehiro, but it needs more Gotou. These characters are all being too refreshingly direct and honest with each other and she needs to balance that out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tamba posted:

The bad news is that it eventually turns into a harem story with the high school girl, the coworker, the boss and an ex-girfriend competing for the main character

That's good news, actually.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SpannerX posted:

It's a great show, makes me want a super cub.

I hear you can go anywhere on one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've caught up on Higehiro and boy I can't wait for next episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You heard them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

New Game in particular is good. Demon Girl Next Door also.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Looks like the Honda Super Cub is seeing a popularity explosion in tiny south Asian countries.

Well you can go anywhere on a Super Cub.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also faxing is a big pain in the rear end for a set of documents of any size more than a couple pages, and is a pain even for just a couple pages. For a short enough distance a courier might even be faster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

marumaru posted:

is higewosoru worth watching?

Yes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just watched the first two episodes of Blue Reflection Ray and yeah this definitely seems like a good one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I knew MHA was bad and not worth watching the minute I saw the ugly rear end character designs personally.

Some of them are good, they're just characters who don't matter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bleach stays winning.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The isekais will continue until this world improves.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The world needs Frozen Teardrop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Slime witch seems to have found its legs with good visual gags in the last few episodes, if not particularly noteworthy animation. Still not something I'd say to go out of your way to watch if you weren't already on board, but I hope it keeps this trend going.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good. Grass lawns are basically terrible in every respect.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

I didn't care about Sports Anime at all until I watched Uma Musume, now I'll watch one if it catches my interest.

I recommend Hanebado and Harukana Receive if you want more good sports anime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All you motherfuckers sleeping on Blue Reflection.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SeanGaffney posted:

So I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level quietly had its best episode of the season to date.

Sadly, pretty much everyone dropped it about 6 episodes ago, but it gets a nice "you tried" sticker for its efforts. If you're going to go big, trying to do a "Live Alive" episode is a good way to do it.

I've been keeping up with it but haven't watched the newest episode yet. There's just not really much to say about it. It took a bit of time to find its legs since the start is slow, but it's been consistently good. It's got more than enough for multiple seasons, but that's ultimately down to how well it did and how many more books and manga they want to sell.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

This is a much more human scene rather than this weird thing we got in today's show.

Koguma just comes off as this weird alien who's totally unconcerned with the safety of Shii as she takes her time getting her out of the water, leaves her shivering on the side of the road while she calls her friend to ask if she wants to hang out at her place, and then drives the girl suffering from hypothermia back to her place in wet clothing without offering her coat in the basket of her bike while refusing to call emergency services.

You either die on the cub or live long enough to become a monster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes I'm sure they invested in it with no knowledge of what it was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

yeah this is something I hope we can avoid here at least, it really sucks the way some people in fandoms think that "I don't like this / it makes me uncomfy" is a good reason to harass artists into closing their accounts (or worse)

The drive to harass is eternal, the reason is whatever is convenient at the time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

For some reason Genshin Impact attracted a lot of puritanical anti fans and it's played a reason as to why I haven't tried it or Honkai despite hearing great things about the story from people playing it

(The other reason is I'm playing way to many mobage already)

It's a fine enough game but not really enough to go out of your way for. It has the advantage of being an actual game as compared to many other mobages, though. The puritanical anti fans are by far a minority that you never have to interact with, though they are very weird. You can find plenty of fan stuff of all stripes without ever seeing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

sinky posted:

drat, didn't think I'd be watching anything other than a camrip in the next year.

You'll still be watching a camrip if I remember amazon prime video quality correctly.