Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Sakurazuka posted:

There's zero chance of Yuki Kaijura not working on it

.... who did the music for Magia Record?
Takumi Ozawa. It's a pretty good soundtrack, but no Yuki Kajiura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

CrazySalamander posted:

Does k-on get better after episode 3?
I found that k-on is a show that gradually gets better, with a particularly significant leap for season 2. If you outlight dislike the first 3 eps idk if it'll ever change your mind though, it mostly just refines itself and adds an occasional dash of p good character drama

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm just baffled how anyone has the time and energy to spend on something they don't enjoy watching :psyduck:
One could want to feel like they've properly concluded & washed your hands of something rather than leaving it an open issue, or want to be part of the conversation around it. As someone who gets really invested in the themes & ideas expressed by media I prefer to let it unfold its full argument before I go too deep into critique, which can be rewarding in its own way - Psycho-Pass is a great example because I didn't exactly enjoy that show but it offers a lot of stuff to sink my teeth into

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Regarding Super Cub, I'm just gonna crosspost from twitter:

Koguma's handling of the rescue was patently awful but also a sharp bit of writing as a natural extension of who Koguma is. Her extreme isolation & lack of people to rely on has given her a wilful independence that leads her to try & solve problems by herself, but she's been totally reliant on her cub as a crutch for interacting with the outside world in any capacity, unable to consider even basic modes of concern that don't involve it as a mediator. Calling an ambulance isn't even part of her available grammar. (Note the externalizing language she keeps using: "My cub is coming", "thank my cub" etc.) Just letting the others into her home, her safe space, is a big step and clearly puts strain on her, she's totally emotionally ill-equipped to deal with Shii's entire situation

It's wild for an Iyashikei work to put its protag on a spot like this where all her worst qualities & insufficiencies are magnified to an extent that legit puts another's life at risk, but it works super well for contextualizing the end of the ep, where she becomes very aware of those and how far Shii is actually ahead of her as someone who can reach out to people intuitively & climb out of a depressive funk on her own resources without rebuilding her entire personality around A Honda Product™

(I do think it would've been interesting if this event put a strain on Koguma & Shii's relationship, but also I get that Shii is extremely the kind of person who'd see Koguma's approach as cool & mature rather than dangerously irresponsible)

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Nitrousoxide posted:

I dunno man. Everyone around her, and even Shii's parents seems to think she did an awesome bang up job in her rescue. I don't think the author was making a point about Koguma being incredibly socially inept to the point of nearly killing Shii. I think it was supposed to be a legitimately heroic rescue.
The sequence itself isn't portrayed like that though, like Koguma doesn't even give Shii her jacket as would be the bare minimum for a heroic rescue, and then walks away from the miserably crumpled up Shii to awkwardly stand around & call up Reiko.
Like Shii's parents are happy but of course they found out about it after everything had turned out fine, I imagine if they'd seen it in the moment their opinion would've been different
But moreover in that reading the end of the episode makes no sense to me, having her do a triumphant rescue and then right after realize the helpless rescuee is actually way cooler than her doesn't add up

Fangz posted:

Isn't the series sponsored by Honda?
yeah it's straight up a honda ad and not subtle about it, but it's also a lot more earnest than that description would have you believe