Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

First episode of Megolobox 2 was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

Farewell, My Dear Cramer - 01

Animation wise, it is fairly standard sports anime animation like Ace of the Diamond and others. Not great but passable enough. Story wise, it pretty much follows the manga with some changes here and there. It is a football sports anime about women's high school football.

The art is much better in the manga than the anime.

One annoying thing is how the layer the characters faces over fences.

I'm a big football manga fan and it seemed...ok. The in-play animation is kinda rudimentary at times and the idea of "never play alone" is well-worn. I'll probably give it another couple episodes.

The most unusual thing about it is the title.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

The title was to honor Dettmar Cramer, the father of modern football in Japan, who passed away in 2015. The manga came out in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dettmar_Cramer

And I agree with the previous comment that the art is much better in the manga than the anime. The manga is licensed and all the chapters are translated in English. You can read ch. 1, 16-end on Crunchyroll. Also most of it seems to be available on Comixology Unlimited

As for the manga, I think it is one of the better football manga. There are not that many. Another thing is that it tries to promote the women's game well. Only thing is that the manga had an abrupt ending. The author seemed to just want to work on something else as I do not think it was cancelled since it was selling fairly well.

The other good football manga are Ao Ashi, Giant Killing, and Be Blues. Try those if you have not. All the rest of the football manga are pretty poor. Do not read Blue Lock, that is just terrible.

Ah interesting, I wasn't aware of him. I'll probably check out the manga since I'm all caught up with Giant Killing, Ao Aishi, and Days.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

Super Cub was great. I found it more suspenseful at times than other more 'high stakes' things I've watched so far this season.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

I caught myself looking at Super Cubs and Ruckus/Zoomers on eBay but I realised that a scooter wouldn't make me happy.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Modern Super Cubs are really proper motorcycles and not scooters. I think in the US they only come in 125cc's which require a motorcycle license to get. Most places only refrain from requiring that for vehicles 50cc's and below.

That said, scooters/lightweight motorcycles like Super Cubs or Vespas are totally super useful if you live an an actual city and not in suburb hell where you'll need to get on the freeway to get anywhere.

Also way more affordable than a car, at 3-5k new. Excellent gas milage, with over 100mpg (I think the Super Cub 125 can go over 160 miles on its 1 gallon tank)
Yeah, I live in a city where I can cycle everywhere and can get to some countryside within 20km so it was no more than a passing fancy. It looks like they're 125cc in the UK as well, which is way more powerful than I expected. The one she has in the show seems weedier than that. They are really cute bikes though.

Second episode was decent, although I'm kinda worried they're gonna end up being the Honda Power Rangers. Hopefully the delicious mundanity continues as new characters are introduced.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

Super Cub is amazing but I find it kinda sinister. Why are there so many Cub lovers in that town? I'm expecting the final episode to reveal that it was all a coma dream after she crashed on her first outing. The Cub claims its next victim...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

Ao Ashi is getting a TV anime for Spring 2022.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1398122638954819594

It is probably one of the best football/soccer manga out. Hopefully the production gets time and is decently animated.

Hell yeah. The manga is very good.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

Tokyo Revengers was cool for the first go-round but the same things keep happening over and over. It's like a fractal of bad storytelling.

Super Cub and Nomad continue to be fantastic.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

dogsicle posted:

DAYS syndrome 😔
You see...the kid can't pass, can't shoot, can barely control the ball, but he's the future of Japanese football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010
loves Fat Philippe

ninjewtsu posted:

so what've been the big AOTS contenders this season? thinking i'll pick up another show, i really really liked 86 and it sounded like there were a few other big knockout animes this season. i think i've heard a lot of good buzz around "vivy"?

Nomad