Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SSSS.Dynazenon, Megalobox 2, and Oddtaxi making a real strong start for the spring season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the conversions in Oddtaxi, they have a certain flow to them that I enjoy a lot. The entire scene in the doctor's office is real good.

Edit: also the OP is chill as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_cLtW3PnA

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 7, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The new character designs in Megalobox 2 are hitting it out of the park, with Chief and Marla being my favorites.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I do like that in Slime the lead voiced by Aoi Yuuki is having the isekai life that the lead in Spider (also voiced by Aoi Yuuki) really wants

She can't escape from her house destroyed though. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The alpaca lady in Oddtaxi is powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8OodTk6-E

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

this show has a lot going on beneath the hood

It really does and I'm looking forward to how this all shakes out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

galagazombie posted:

I'm generally against a dub adding in any "hip" lingo unless the nature of the story or comedy really depends on the slang of a particular time/place to work. It instantly dates things in a bad way like the pop-culture references in a Dreamworks animation, where it's often outdated before the filming is even finished.

With Dragon House Hunting it referenced Luigi's Mansion and Resident Evil visually so too late for that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is that a Luigi's Mansion reference in the Dragon House Hunters anime?

Letty basically gets a Poltergust 3000

And the Strobulb is something that shows up in the second and third games

And it sounds like he straight up says Strobulb so it's not something added by the translator.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The biggest indicator that everyone in Oddtaxi is human is that they name drop Starbucks and it's not some form of animal pun like Starbarks or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

First ep of Iruma s2 was good, the OP and ED aren't as fun as s1's tho so that's kind of a drag but w/e. Can't wait for me

I like that it was reintroduction episode, but still kept the story going.

300 year witch is still very cute, even though I don't know how to feel about the new character's backstory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

If you listen carefully, you can hear the lamentations of slimes everywhere.

It's such a dark way to resolve her grudge and I don't know how to feel about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doodles posted:

If Letty gets any more precious, I may end up with diabetes.

You mean the Fire Dragon Lord.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Figured out how to make the dumb black boxes on Funimation's subs go away :toot:

I love this dumb dragon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

Tell me how....

If you're using the app on the phone there's setting in the caption select

And then you can set the background color to none

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzHvJxyiUg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragon Goes HouseJob-Hunting made for a real good pick me up after the downer(but still great) episode of the latest Megalobox.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jymmybob posted:

Agreeing with most lists but Godzilla Singular Point should be showing up more. It's really really good and feels like the most complete execution of anything this season, even considering great stuff like Vivy.

Blame Netflix

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The last episode of Wonder Egg Priority is supposed airing this month right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So was Battle Athletes just real boring or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I appreciate the sound effects in Slime Witch being voiced, it's been happening the entire season, but it's way more prominent in the latest episode.