Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

April Fools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

it's just a compilation movie i think

There's a compilation with a few new scenes that's been out for a bit, and there's an entirely new movie (I believe it's a movie anyway) being worked on currently.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't care if the teasing tsundere show has a Dark Secret Past

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It's not a secret lol

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't care

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vivy seems interesting IMO. Still waiting to see the writing tip its hand a bit more (and I thought killing the girl with the obvious death flags the way it did was a bit of an eye-roller) but I'm mostly picking up what it's putting down, I think. The production is pretty shiny in much the way I've come to expect from WIT, too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know how Slime Diaries came out as a full-length 23-minute episode show. I don't necessarily mind, but it's not what I would have remotely expected of this sort of thing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've got about a third of the episode left but frankly it's been pretty boring IMO

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean I was being serious when I said I was bored but I wasn't as into S1 as most people anyway so I might just be an aberration

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The second episode of dynazenon showed that the protag wears glasses at home and he looks way better that way than in his default design imo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like it when Domon Kasshu goes all "SHINING FINGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nagatoro is extremely good, except for the people who are constantly super weird about it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

(Also, those shamisen they're all using cost anywhere between 100k and 350k JPY. )

That's ~1-3000 USD, right? That honestly doesn't seem strange at all IMO. I was a band nerd through college and, while student models can come in at a couple hundred dollars, they can also sound pretty bad. Generally a good-sounding, professional quality instrument will run you a good few thousand dollars. And I've seen larger instruments - like Baritone Saxophones, for example - come in closer to 8000 dollars.

Music is expensive!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hot take #1: Nagatoro is obviously exactly the sort of teen who would use the word "sus" in general conversation

Hot take #2: I think the new Madoka movie could be good or it could be bad, and I will decide which I think it is once it has actually been made and I have actually watched it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thoom posted:

There's also the most important Madoka spinoff manga, Homura Tamura.

Is the Magia Record anime self-contained or does it end a "hope you like gacha if you want the rest of the story" note?

It's self-contained except that it ends on a cliffhanger. The next season has been officially announced to be a thing but we still don't have any details on like ETA or anything.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Whatever you do, definitely make sure you don't go looking for of that movie that may or may not be floating around. That would be wrong.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That molcar murdered 3 people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

One Piece seems very good at what it's trying to do, unfortunately what it's trying to do makes my eyes bleed