Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not much that sticks out to me personally this season though I am looking forward to binge-watching the new MHA season when it wraps up half a year from now :cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

its a good thing to grow up and learn to let go of things

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm pro-bullying so Nagatoro would have been better if she remained a bully instead of shifting to some weakass tsundere poo poo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As long as Shinbo is involved I am up for more Madoka things.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

You apparently can't resurrect your big titty secretary without murdering a whole bunch of people.

I guess the ends sometimes do justify the means.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Much like many of the american superhero comics it's inspired by, the biggest concern of the good guys in MHA is keeping the status quo intact.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Caphi posted:

I don't know if this has been explored (or closed off) later in the manga but there's a lot of text about how the status quo is both unstable and not working, and not just because they no longer have King Cop. If it never pays that off then yeah it's ~problematic~ but as far as I know, the question of "are villains a structural problem and not just a bunch of fuckers" is still open.

While I quite like MHA I don't have a lot of faith that it'll answer that aspect of it in a satisfying way. My expectations are that there will be some minor change that's all the status quo needs to be considered fixed, and if it winds up doing going for anything bigger than that then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1396741141345669120

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I'm always excited for more Lupin. It's a simple formula but it has an incredible amount of variations to it.

Yea same. While I'm personally not that that into the choice of director, if nothing else it's very difficult to make unwatchable Lupin.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not impossible though; Check out the live-action film! :yikes:

Yea I have and it's boring as hell because it tries too hard to be cool and it's not, plus the editing in the action scenes is dire!

At least the 70s live action Lupin movie is a pretty good time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

galagazombie posted:

I know theyíve always been drawn this way but something about Lupinís hands has always been gross looking to me. Itís almost like heís got little fibers growing out of his knuckles.

Someone has to compensate for all of the anime men out there that are completely lacking in body hair.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lupin's gonna become the freakin' Joker.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

If anybody could pull it off it's Lupin the III.

Hell, he already thinks it's funny when he commits crimes so he's most of the way there!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

When I'm chatting in-depth about things I'm watching with pals I don't need to be watching something good in order to have a good time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's about time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rudoku posted:

Didn't the fundie part leave? That's part of why Vic is getting he poo poo pushed in career-wise.

Nah it's because he sued them, he could've just laid low and get his roles back after a few years of silence instead of trying to go scorched earth on everything.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

kater posted:

I remembering being mad at rokka before the ending because they ruined their own puzzle or something idk.

The solution they came up with was pretty dumb yeah.

The sequel hook in the ending is just really easy to point to because up to that point it was a show that was very sincere about itself, and that stinger at the end is incredibly insincere. It stinks!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Seems like a pretty civil conversation to me?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

What shows are people looking forward to for the next season?

I'm curious to see the continuation of that new Higurashi anime, as someone whose only exposure to the franchise was that recent new anime I enjoyed parts of it well enough.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

New Mari Okada movie: Alice to Therese no Maboroshi Kōjō (Alice and Therese's Illusion Factory). (e: i've seen like 3 variations of the english transcription of the japanese, but afaik the translation of it is right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEJToD1Ji8U

"Okada describes the "first-love fantasia story" of youths struggling in an uncertain world, and fighting fate with love as the weapon."

And that's all i know about it, but she's had more hits than misses for me so i'm officially pretty excited. Plus that's a good trailer.

It's gonna be very excellent.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Will be legit bummed out if this means they don't do a theatrical run, but at least I know I'll be able to see it soon regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

COVID probably put a stop to that more than anything else.

Yea tho with Amazon in particular it's always a crapshoot even in the best of times. Sometimes they'll do a theatrical run, sometimes they will unceremoniously dump it onto their service without a sound.