Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I saw there's a kabaddi anime, never heard of that sport before so I learned something new, however the pv looked rather ugly and poorly animated which I feel is bad for a contact sport anime

I've watched like 3 animes i think where they randomly play kabaddi in like 1 ep and the rest of the show is about something completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I wasn't very impressed by TWEWY's first ep. The way the days work made sense when it was a game, but when you make it into an anime the pacing gets really weird. The 2d animation was good, but the cg was loving dire, and even if it hadn't been, making the Noise 3d is like the worst decision they could have made. the Noise are supposed to have body parts made out of tattoos, their designs cannot work three-dimensionally and lo and behold, they look like poo poo.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Xun posted:

C-christianity is an isekai????

The new testament is an isekai from Jesus' perspective. Think about it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

utamaru posted:

E: a whole screen of TL notes to explain why a joke is funny isn't the best application of this approach though.

Counterpoint: a whole screen of tl notes is funny in of itself.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The best joke in Combatants was in episode one where a character was charging up a big attack and the Megumin explosion music from Konosuba started playing.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

As like, the biggest mecha fan I've always thought the doom and gloom about the state of the genre was a bit ridiculous. There's usually one or two shows a season and that's fine. I don't think the genre will ever be as popular as it was in the 80s but it doesn't need to be.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I have no idea what this is

There's a hint in the image, but you have to look really closely

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

just another thing grouchio and droyer's posting has ruined 😔

actually offended at being grouped with grouchio

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Would this be a good time to mention the spoiler in question isn't even true?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

One nice thing I've noticed (having recently gone through the manga once the anime started) is that the show has been subtly softening stuff as well. Nothing super obvious, but a lot of the teasing is slightly shorter, or the wording is less harsh.

For instance, in the manga she keeps going on about how he's "dirty" and "nasty" when they go off to watch the fireworks, but the anime tones it down to a more playful "sleazy". The anime also has her really going in for the kiss after Senpai calls her bluff, while the manga interrupts them right after she declares that of course she can kiss him.

That first one could just be a difference in translation choices though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure she was still using the same word she always uses in Japanese "kimoi" which is usually translated to "gross" but the translator just mixed it up so she wasn't saying the EXACT same thing over and over again.

Calling Senpai "kimoi" is kind of her thing.

Are you watching the show muted? That is very clearly not what she says.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

hot take, it's actually not okay to continue to watch a show you hate and tell people about that, because people who do that almost always turn out to be weirdly defensive about their bad decisions, spin all conversation to be about themselves, lash out at anyone who tries to be helpful and recommend other shows or share their own more positive opinions, tediously regurgitate the same complaints over and over, exaggerate all disagreement into "you're trying to create an echo chamber/hugbox etc etc", and basically turn the entire thread into a toxic flamewar

okay, exaggerating, but hey, gotta keep that take hot

A place where only positive opinions are allowed is also an echo chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dynazenon also very good