Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nitrousoxide posted:

Listen, if we go back to this everyone can be happy.

I will not be happy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

Though with Accel World/SAO it was the former that got Reki's work to start getting adapted and if I'm reading things right it aired just one season before SAO, it just didn't blow up as hard.

Honestly Accel World is probably better than SAO, but just doesn't have the escapism bait as thoroughly that was an important factor for SAO's success.

Though this is kind of a damned by faint praise situation. Accel World is still not great or anything.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nemo2342 posted:

As a manga-only reader, it's hard to be consistently mad at the anime because they are so wildly different. Though I've certainly gathered from the LN readers that the anime is doing Slime's "hey let's save some time and cut out important characterization bits" hatchet job in respect to the non-spider part of the cast.

Basically the 3 versions of spider are all radically different.
LN is... the original. Whatever.
Anime is LN but the standard "Full Speed ahead, cut out less important bits of things" hatchet job that tends to happen in anime a lot.
Manga is actually the really weird one here since it just kind of cuts out the Human characters entirely, at least thus far.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

sinky posted:

Uzaki-chan got greenlit for the anime just after volume 1 came out, and the entire substance of that is 'girl has big baps'.

So you're saying it's substance is "Money"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Raenir Salazar posted:

Can't Kadokawa just like... Make sequels for the properties that haven't had a sequel in forever but do have material to adapt?

Heresy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Aesop Poprock posted:

In terms of classic "everyone tends to know this by now" stuff where do you think the line is drawn. Like should the spoiler be out in the open that Darth Vader is Luke and Leia's dad or is that hosed

Pretty sure "I AM YOUR FATHER" is several dozen tiers of "everyone knows this" over late novel spoilers from Full Metal Panic, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

i only know fmp for its stuff in super robot wars v where kurz meets banjo haran and gets mad about how all the women want to gently caress him, but then banjo haran gives a big speech about what it means to be a true man and kurz shouts "Whoa... I have my first man crush... and I like it!"

As he should. Banjo Haran is perfection.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, I'm assuming everyone lives in an apartment or pays somebody to do maintenance of their house, because otherwise you pretty much need gas. (You can probably get an electric lawnmower, but I'd be surprised if anyone has an electric snowblower.)

I have a battery powered lawnmower.

... unfortunately the side lawn is kind of enormous and the power runs out doing just that. Need more batteries. Which are extremely expensive.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Brutal Garcon posted:

It's plants you can stand on. That's pretty good when the alternative is concrete.

The alternative is plants other than grass. Clover's a good one.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ninjewtsu posted:

so what've been the big AOTS contenders this season? thinking i'll pick up another show, i really really liked 86 and it sounded like there were a few other big knockout animes this season. i think i've heard a lot of good buzz around "vivy"?

Vivy, To Your Eternity, 86, Odd Taxi

Honestly like half the season would be AotS in other seasons.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Malsangoroth posted:

So what I'm getting out of all this is that every anime is AOTS. It seems like there's something for everyone, regardless of individual taste. When was the last time we had a season this strong? Does anyone here NOT feel like there is a stand-out for them personally?

Last season.

If you mean besides that, which is probably the same reason as this season (build up due to delays from covid), not for a long rear end time.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Squidster posted:

How did 86 turn out? Is it worth catching up on?

Show of the season.

... along with the like dozen or so other shows of the season.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Wark Say posted:

When they say that the first season tackles the first volume as a whole, is it just this chunk or does this include the 2nd cour when it restarts in October as well?

Just the first. 2nd is probably volumes 2 and 3.

Though honestly season 1 pokes those a bit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Grouchio posted:

Duke of Death and His Black Maid has the worst CG since Berserk 2016. Hard recommend to read the manga instead.

B... but why tho