Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

based on the opening minutes of ep2, dragon house hunting is getting a "it's a comedy? let's put in language like 'come at me bro' and 'heroes are the ultimate cringe'" localization. can't wait for all the epic memery XD hope they make a freakin FTW "that's gonna be a no from me dawg" reference :twisted:

e: i was just gonna talk about, when's the realtor gonna realize that letty ain't got any money because he's a child? but i forgot that when the bad subs happened

anyway, looks like my initial hunch was right, that the show is largely going to be fantasy house tours and i'm all for that. at least the bad subs were only a couple of lines and it's not some Ninja Nonsense poo poo

....i say that and then the second half suddenly dials up the jokes/references to machine gun pace. feels like the show can't decide if it wants to be gentle comedy with a slightly mean edge like the first episode, or a wacky comedy with constant jokes/gags and 4th wall breaking like sleepy princess

the official manga translation makes a loving all your base joke so expect more of that poo poo just constantly

it's fun enough but Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
"edgy" (and depending on the character speaking, sometimes "edgelord") is a word i've occasionally seen tossed around as localization for chuuni and it maps pretty well even if it doesn't fully represent the mentality/culture