Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the takagi-san author's strength is not in takagi-san, but in the takagi-san multiverse of side characters who are gay girls awkwardly hitting on each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think the early parts are that good either :twisted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think trigun is cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i would list nanoha as a fifth anime classic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the manga art looks a lot better than the anime so i feel like that's probably the better way to go about it whenever you can read it in english

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you should ask for opinions when it's something you're curious about but not 100% committed to, not when it's a show you've been anticipating and were going to watch anyway

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actual cygames staff right now: we have created a popular and well-liked ip with recognizable and lovable characters. we should give it a definitive ending that cuts off opportunities for further merchandizing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CrazySalamander posted:

Haruhi Suzumiya staff many years ago: this is a popular and well liked ip. we should definitely spend our money making the same episode 8 times in a row so as to discourage future investor interest in a new non-spinoff season

is this just a coincidence or are you randomly transplanting this from the anime discussion thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
then it would just be idolm@ster

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willo567 posted:

i don't want to see them separated, or get reincarnated and have no memories of each other

dont worry half the time stories do these things they have an epilogue bit where they get back together and continue to have fun times anyway

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dont worry if mineta was gone the lovely sex jokes would just be divided up between the cast instead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
let us all free ourselves from shounen jump

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
horikoshi tried giving mineta a small character arc once and it was one of the wonkiest moments in that chunk of the story cause mineta was not conceived with any purpose other than perpetuating sex jokes, so

the lesson is that i'm bored of mha

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
househusband is not exactly a prestige anime production despite the manga's quality

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no this isnt a budget thing the animation was an actual directive from the producer at netflix

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm pretty sure being the source of unfunny sex jokes would just nullify whatever merits he has as a character for most people and thus would not be worth the effort

again, the lesson is that mha is really boring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anno wants me to let go evangelion cause he'll never let grasshopper make evangelion 3nd impact part 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched mha up to the all for one fight and then realized i didn't really want to watch any more. that's my mha story

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like gundam not because they have deep antiwar messages but because they have cute characters and funny jokes, and amuro and char viciously want to gently caress each other

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if it's just making james bond a woman then i'm calling everyone freaking out about it a dingus

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there is no single word i'd use to translate chuunibyou, it's something you'd have to find different ways of conveying contextual to the scene and character

trying to use a one size fits all for all instances of it would just make it come off more awkward unless you found something snappy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm seeing stuff list the director of s2 of that isekai restaurant show as the same as s1 but i dunno how legit that is, but a new studio doesn't really necessarily mean a full replacement of staff

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 23, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to just not pay any real mind to the new madoka movie until after it's out and then maybe i'll watch it eventually

also you don't have to post the nagatoro thread it's the most boring thing imaginable to discuss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nitrousoxide posted:

What the gently caress is soy bug gamer people?

do you think the words have some actual meaning to decipher that are worth caring about

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

marumaru posted:

is it worth watching anything madoka other than the basic anime? i didnt even know there was more until now lol

rebellion is the best part of the series and magia record is decently well liked

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this show sounds boring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i loathe calling characters "waifus" but i agree that the oni girls are way more badass looking before they get generically prettier designs and that's why i'll never watch slime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

So like are they cramming the ball into the goal? Is that it? Are they all the Cramer? Is the protagonist secretly a ghost?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dettmar_Cramer

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

marumaru posted:

https://animesweet.com/anime/the-author-of-higehiro-called-not-to-imitate-the-nudes-of-the-novels/

“The animated adaptation of the light novels Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou ((Higehiro: After I got rejected, I shaved and did a high school runaway) may have a good time, but couldn't help that a conspiracy involving a high school girl running away from home and living with an office worker had nothing to tell.

In fact, since the title was chosen, the author seems to disagree and has currently published some publications about it. On Twitter, March 25th, the author Shimesaba wrote: "When I'm on Twitter, I get a little painful when readers make comments like "I want to pick up a girl from high school too!" I wish they would stop making jokes like that. Things like "I'll kill you!" or "I swear I'll kill this guy!" They are not things to joke around with."

that's kind of neat but why did you source it from a weird anime news aggregator that has the worst machine translation known to man and feels like it is entirely run by an ai incapable of human speech

https://animesweet.com/anime/dragon-ball-super-2022-could-the-movie-have-to-do-with-artificial-intelligence/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm pretty sure "I'll kill this guy!" isn't a mistranslation but is someone acting out the anime trope of a character being envious of another character and then being fake-angry at them for their "good fortune"; the author is basically saying, "Hey don't envy this fictional character's situation".

Years after it first aired in the 1990s, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still a hit. Hideaki Anno's cryptic work has gained a niche audience that has continued to grow over time, making it a very researched product that many hypotheses focus on to this day.

Completed with the film Daeth & Rebirth, The Neon Genesis Evangelion was then renewed into the new millennium with the Rebuild of Evangelion project, again under the direction of Hideaki Anno. The tetralogy ended with some worries with Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, which was shown in Japan just a few months ago. Too many characters from the original series were filmed here. Indeed, there is no shortage of historical protagonists like Shinji, Asuka and Rei, the three Eva pilots and Misato Katsuragi.

Misato Katsuragi, a NERV soldier, greeted Shinji Ikari in their home and tried to take care of him despite the boy's fragile psyche. Tournament through his thoughts, duties and feelings, Misato was a key figure in the Neon Genesis Evangelion, for both the original series and the rebuild films.

For that she deserves the honors of the fans, and one of them is this Cosplay about Misato Katsuragi made by Nyuki. The Spanish cosplayer introduces us to a charming woman who you can see in the picture below.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a different article from the same site

that's why, that translation is not remotely legible or reliable. it's questionable if it was even written by a human being

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finally finished vlad love and my final thoughts on it are that oshii tried his best, but he's been beaten by the writer of flowers at writing yuri romances where half of the jokes are characters shouting out classic hollywood films and trying to tie them into their depression about being single and closeted, though the gag about them spending five minutes talking about interviews with the vampire and its bl fandom was on the right track

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i liked how weird some of the char designs in mha can get but it's funny how deku's design is the result of horikoshi sending the concept for mha in as a story about deku being a weird lanky kind of creepy-looking salaryman who means well and them telling him to tone him down into a lovable young shounen hero in high school

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think either of these manga are that ugly outside of how oda draws boobs too big as one piece goes on

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that the earlier fights in one piece are entirely just people throwing weird abilities at each other. the haki stuff that comes later is what sounds lame about it to me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
thank you everyone... you are giving me more power to watch blue reflection rays

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i fell off wonder egg after a few eps cause some of its writing choices started to weird me out but tbh the thing that makes me most bitter about the writer is still how he wrote a trans manga where the trans character is really interesting and funny and her girlfriend is great, and both of them get much much much less to do than a guy who shouts about how trans rights are like the iraq war and how your journey into trans self-fulfillment isn't complete until you stop using masculine self-pronouns (that are not actually exclusive to men and are sometimes used by women)

i'm not sure how that guy can bounce so hard so fast between really good casual banter and really awful poorly understood approaches to serious personal themes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i would rate sunu sumu muriku above some other instances of that i've seen in media if only because there are bits in it where the trans girl actually gets okay writing and is allowed to have a personality and be interesting and funny, but it's also very illuminating as to the writer's mindset and approach to stuff because man it will just slide into extreme poo poo in the clumsiest way possible and whenever anyone other than the trans girl or her girlfriend are the ones talking the story instantly gets much much much stupider. will never get over how it introduces a flirty bi lady and instantly starts comparing bisexuality to being trans

granted there are a couple bits in the story where the terrible english tl obviously makes stuff come off a bit worse than it should but. even still in bits like the whole "YOU HAVE TO SAY WATASHI... YOU CAN'T USE BOKU ANYMORE... USE WATASHI!!!" climax it mostly just makes that one slightly more confusing because watashi is more gender neutral and the actual intended reading there is atashi lol, without that clunky tl it's still an insane and unbelievably poorly written scene

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 19, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
people keep telling me bathletes restart is a kuso show and then giving me plenty of reasons to watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
im going to admit grouchio i do not see where disco elysium comes into discussing isekai world building