Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Doodles posted:

So, if the first episode of "Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita" is anything to go on, it's going to be a delightful little slice-of-life story for the Spring.

EDIT:

Oh crap, the VA for the main character is Aoi Yuki. SHE'S EVERYWHERE!

It is exactly the type of low key show I need right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's such a dark way to resolve her grudge and I don't know how to feel about it.

The slime girls are 90% cute but they have moments when it gets weird.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nitrousoxide posted:

And now for something completely different.
Really liking Nagataro. They've toned down her early sadism and leveled out her character to more like she was after the manga had gone on for a year, which I like.

With them only getting a single cour it is a good choice to ease off with the earlier stuff just like what they did with the manga compared to the original web content.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So is anyone watching To Your Eternity and if so what are their thoughts on it?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

So does this mean that they will be gone for good?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bakeneko posted:

The most questionable thing about MHAís world is the way the government limits peopleís quirk usage. If you arenít a licensed hero you arenít allowed to use your quirk in public ever (I guess there are exceptions for people like Hagakure who canít turn theirs off), but in order to get licensed you have to have gone to one of a few elite high schools. So if you couldnít get into one of those schools, or you only decide you want to become a hero later in life, too bad; youíre screwed. You canít even use your quirk for normal things as part of a different job. I gather that this is something else thatís talked about in the spinoff but Iíve only seen the anime so I donít know itís presented there.

As for them being cops, well, obviously in a world with superpowers there would be some sort of government-run task force for dealing with superhuman threats, so Iím not sure why people are surprised by this. Itís probably the most realistic aspect of the show if you donít count the fact that they all wear silly costumes. If the show made it clear that you could become a hero without having gone to a specific school there wouldn't be an issue.

From what I remember the only thing the government is very firm about is using your quirk to hurt others. Everything else becomes a mixture of exceptions and depending on the scenario. For super hero licensing it is clear that there are countless schools doing it, it is just that most intention from the setting is given to one of the elite institutions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Splode posted:

In case it's not clear, I don't think anyone is a fascist for liking MHA or anything crazy like that. I just think elements of it's messaging are similar to the kinds of messaging fascist movements have used.

Thing is it feels more accurate to say it has authoritarian tones then fascist.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

galagazombie posted:

Which one is Judas?

Mary when she finally makes a dramatic move to claim Katarina for herself.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coxswain Balls posted:

God, the facial expressions in Nagatoro are the best. Is she a cat or an octopus? An ocatopus?

A wiggly demon cat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I thought the issue with Usagi Drop only show up in the back half of the manga.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I am looking forward to more bakarina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

poo poo, we're getting more bakarina? :dance:

The first episode comes out on July 3rd.