Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It was originally just a few random images the artist did and a flash game, it was never a full comic or anything before getting turned into a serialization some time later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a josei series with a female author. Obviously fine to not be into that, but the appeal is presumably being into an older dopey guy, not the other way around.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

didn't know problematic josei was such an unfamiliar concept

It's apparently new to the only reviewers I've seen pick up on it not being aimed at guys, since they immediately comment about how they either can't imagine women liking that sort of thing or assume they must have never gone through anything in their lives.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1379849655253495813

tubi is free (with ads) afaik

Super Cub had a nice, understated first episode. Surprisingly so coming from an LN adaptation; you could've fairly easily removed what dialogue there is and turned it into a standalone silent short. Remains to be seen how it holds up both as a production (it's very slight from the outstart) and as it introduces a wider cast, but I've heard reasonably nice things about the novels.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The TWEWY anime is dropping and replacing its OP track a day before air due to an unspecified scandal regarding a member of the band.
https://twitter.com/TWEWY_PR/status/1380027578690412545?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

86's still pretty standard with its overall beats and falls into the general LN trend of openly being a mix of genre stuff the author likes so I wouldn't put it on a pedestal or anything, but it's alright.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Truly she was most powerful in the original image sets

People keep saying this but even there she starts freaking out when she thinks she's actually ticked off the PoV character.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Uma Musume swapped studios and I've seen universal praise for s2 over 1.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

marumaru posted:

why is he being given attention at all
you can literally understand everything you need to by reading literally 2 of his tweets
stop playing yourselves people

people like posting garbage for attention and other people showing it to everyone else for the same

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure trends with descriptions are made manually by twitter, so they're directly trying to drive engagements towards this kind of poo poo now, lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Though with Accel World/SAO it was the former that got Reki's work to start getting adapted and if I'm reading things right it aired just one season before SAO, it just didn't blow up as hard.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

average repetitive morality debate fan/average psycho MC enjoyer

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1393242788888682496?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't really keep on eye on streaming catalogs besides add/drop announcements, but while I think shows have come back, it's definitely after a good while.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what are the super cub crimes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It probably won't. It's stuck in the dilemma of dropping in popularity so less people learn how to animate mechs since it's barely relevant as a skill beyond Sunrise, and then because fewer animators can do mecha it's harder to make a show that could potentially get popular. You could do CG but mecha is a boomer genre so outside of a big IP like Gundam or Eva or getting lucky with a dedicated fanbase like Fafner that's asking for a flop.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only mecha anime we need is Sevenger Fight.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

86 is way more an ironblooded orphans riff if anything.

One of the author's afterwards literally ends with:
"Music playing while writing this afterward:
Raise Your Flag"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Droyer posted:

Would this be a good time to mention the spoiler in question isn't even true?

Now you've just ruined FMP for real, smh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's okay for something to just not catch with you, lol.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The United States posted:

What animes are like From Dusk Til Dawn levels of deceptive where they are completely one thing for half/a good chunk and then turn into something else entirely?

SamFlam is the only actual example that comes to mind but even that's toku larping->actual toku plot

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This season Dynazenon was completely finished pretty early. I think it was just a few weeks into airing or even before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I should watch Getter Armageddon before watching Arc right? I've only watched New Getter Robo.

All of the Getter OVAs are their own standalone things while Arc is the last entry in the Getter manga line.