Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like MHA because for a punch-wizards action series it initially seemed like a refreshing well executed take on shonen action but when I last read the manga I kinda feel that world building and how fights get resolved had taken a massive step down. Things like the idea that Quirk users are limited by their stamina like an athlete is basically had fallen to the wayside with characters getting power creeped to having bigger, flashier and more destructive abilities that seem to have no cost or downside. So winning these fights (especially in the two recent movies) comes down more and more to punching really hard in an increasingly unsatisfying way.

Isn't it normal for shonen characters to be limited by stamina? It feels like a basic conceit of the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

....But why?

Sometimes when you're going down a skill tree you end up picking up a whole lot of chaff you don't think you're ever going to actually use, but you still take them on the road to getting double exp or whatever.