Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Davincie posted:

I want its past to be its present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Reborn in Another World Where People Endlessly Rehash the Definition of Isekai

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

this is possible but while rebellion was accepted because people thought there'd be asequel fairly soon, i doubt they could get away with making a sequel a decade later and then having it end on an extremely weird ambiguous note again
I dunno; I think the franchise has demonstrated a consistent willingness to do just that. Even the original series ended like that, with Homura, having sprouted black wings, grimly facing off against a giant hoard of unknown monsters. I'd call that an "ambiguous note", if not to the same extent as Rebellion, so it's possible the new Madoka will end similarly.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

hell yes!!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

i think you can depict a shallow person without them being a shallow character, because they aren't the same thing. a shallow person doesn't have much going on in their life, but they still have a life. they have a job (if a boring one), tastes (if boring ones), probably hobbies (if, as always, boring ones), and a personal history that made them boring as gently caress. they are a coherent human being in a fully realized context, and while they are uninteresting as a person, they are not necessarily uninteresting as a character. a shallow character is a character who doesn't feel like they have a life, doesn't feel like they have a history, doesn't feel like they really exist—not just exist as a boring person, but exist at all. that's undesirable.

so while you can illustrate your theme of "rich people lead empty lives" by making rich people shallow characters, you can also do it by making rich characters shallow people, and imo that makes for a more interesting work, because you get interesting characters as well as interesting themes, which is better than getting interesting themes at the cost of the characters being boring as gently caress

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

AlternateNu posted:

Is Magia Record s2 actually happening?
there was an official announcement, so im gonna have to say no, it's a two-month-late april fools joke

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

its kind of hosed up that you put bright green below piss green

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

why would tiermaker do this... what are they hiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Space Flower posted:

Does elephant know about a different order to the rainbow that the rest of us do not
it's not the rainbow's fault. they could've avoided this problem by ordering it backwards or just skipping piss green because it's an ugly color. i had a pen that color as a kid and ive hated it ever since