Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

feel like I'm gonna end up watching a dozen shows from this season by the end of the year, lots of interesting-to-me stuff. for now it's just dynazenon and shadows house and oddtaxi if it's not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's just a compilation movie i think

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

great first ep for dynazenon, its got a lot to live up to with how much i loved gridman but we're on the right track so far

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

so it's in keeping with konosuba then

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

very happy with what odd taxi turned out to be

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ZLS is not the type of show thats going to suddenly become bad.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that has similar etymology but it doesn't get across the whole delusions of grandeur thing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ANN writers having 0 grasp of girls slice of life shows is a long-running thing i'm pretty sure

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's on funi

because.moe hasn't updated their lookup table in like a year, try https://www.senpai.moe/?mode=calendar for airing stuff

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

first episode of ZLSR was eh but the second one was back to form

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

godzilla singular point owns. what a generous season this is for sci-fi shows

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think rebellion has earned them the benefit of the doubt on "does this really need a sequel"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

marumaru posted:

is it worth watching anything madoka other than the basic anime? i didnt even know there was more until now lol

rebellion is an extremely good sequel movie that improves the original series by its existence imo

the magia record spinoff i found to be a mixed bag but the highs are really high

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty sure the answer is that julias uses anichart which hides streaming-only shows in the OVA section at the bottom of the page

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dogsicle posted:

yeah, it matches anichart format. joran might be the only exception for not being down in ONA but i could've sworn it was in normal tv on anichart before it aired...

whoever tends those sites loves to move tv shows to ONA if a streaming service puts up the episodes early, it's obnoxious

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its the same thing as girls und panzer where they decided to make six 50-minute movies instead of a TV season 2. same amount of anime, different format.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

excuse me, garfield is a 3koma

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kater posted:

If I were massively in love with The Saint’s Magic is Omnipotent what would be another show I should watch.

It reminds me a lot of that Snow White with Red Hair show which I also loved.

Yona of the Dawn is a good one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

jahy-sama incoming, i assume 2 cours means it's a short since comedies never get that much but maybe...?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1393145062377201664

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

aniplex shows should all still be on funimation. they might come back to crunchyroll if/when the sale goes through.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i've been pretty down on slime witch in general but thought today's ep was a genuinely great comedic buildup and payoff. also better animation than usual which always helps

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Jymmybob posted:

Agreeing with most lists but Godzilla Singular Point should be showing up more. It's really really good and feels like the most complete execution of anything this season, even considering great stuff like Vivy.

i agree but it's in netflix jail so most people will watch it later.

i'm watching like 3x as many shows as usual because the season is so strong, but dynazenon, odd taxi, and godzilla are the ones i'm most enthused about. maybe shadows house too but it's been more lucid and less creepy than i hoped for after the first couple episodes.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

when kadokawa says they want to make 40 anime a year, this is what you're gonna get

edit: err this was re: childhood friend show

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it can take a while, i feel like everyone associates the prior LN trend of 'magic school battle harem' with like 2010 but there were still a huge number of those in 2015

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

those have been around pretty steadily since k-on, yuru camp was just a popularity spike since it was a good one and crunchyroll pushed it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah we have dynazenon, back arrow, 86, and godzilla right now, that's a pretty good spread

sunrise and satelight both have new mecha series in production for later this year too.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

despite being bad franxx proved that the younger folks will still watch a mecha series en masse if it hits the right notes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its very on the nose in that YA fiction sort of way but the directing sells it imo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

much like the childhood friend one, it's kadokawa rushing random series with 1 LN volume to anime because they just want to tick up their numbers

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dynazenon, odd taxi, and godzilla here but there's another half dozen that could have been the highlight of a less stacked season

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the summer of cool

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

even in rural parts you'll see gardens moreso than grass lawns

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm really enjoying Shadows House, but it really feels like one of those shows like The Expanse or Game of Thrones where they're stuck burning a season just to get everything in place for the story they actually want to tell. I hope it gets a second cour at least.

unfortunately it's not exactly setting this season on fire popularity wise. I'm expecting something like land of the lustrous where it builds to an important revelation for the MC and then has an open ending

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

not really? we're in week 9 of 13 for spring shows

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this episode was cool but i don't think its that comparable to gridman 9 in terms of its role in the story, just in terms of visuals and delivery.

i haven't found dynazenon's back half as compelling as what gridman pulled off with akane and i doubt it'll get there but it's still a good show with the same great directing.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

on the 30th, yes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Vivy was advertised as being by the re:zero writer and the PVs showed the massacre scenes from episode 1, i don't think they were hiding what it was at all

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i suppose if you only saw the key art and a tagline you might get the wrong impression. i tend to go out of my way to check out promo materials for anime originals

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

weird, that's a late announcement for a summer show, especially without a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the sentouin OP has a dimmed cut and that's definitely a late night show. i don't think there's any rules to it, it's just up to the tv stations.