Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Willo567 posted:

also iruma-kun is a better bnha
Also Railgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

AlternateNu posted:

Homura is a bad person.
Yeah and it rules

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like yeah we live in a world with the Rebuild movies so whatever but to me Rebellion "needed" a sequel about as much as End of Evangelion needed one too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also Kalafina broke up so like, what is even the point

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
SSSS.Dynazenon, Super Cub, Shadows House, and Blue Reflection are my watches and while I like all of them Dynazenon has overall been running laps around the others by a huge margin for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Malsangoroth posted:

Same. It's had a leisurely pace thus far, but I've been enjoying it. It really does feel like we're only scratching the surface of the mysteries presented. But considering how some other high-profile anime adaptations have been stupidly rushed (Tower of God, Promised Neverland S2, etc), I'm glad it's getting the time to breathe. Hopefully it's successful enough to get that elusive second season.
If you can believe it they've actually sped things up quite a bit, the first handful of chapters were much more maudlin and understated (a lot like the authors' previous work Kuro) where the setting was even more inscrutable and mysterious as you slowly learned things through Emilico's eyes. The current story in the anime was indeed supposed to be a bit of a watershed moment so I can understand why they tried to make sure to get it in but it is a bit of a shame because I did like those early stories.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nitrousoxide posted:

I generally don't care about sports anime. Is it still worth it?
It doesn't quite reach the GuP heights that I feel I was led to believe it was like in terms of goofy fun sports anime but I enjoyed the second season quite a bit and will definitely watch any future projects because of it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm watching Blue Reflection I think it's pretty good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish Shadows House would get a second cour now that we've finally gotten a glimpse of the shape of things in the house as they truly are :suspense:.
I'll probably try to catch up at some point but I really fell behind due to some major real life commitments, E3 streams, and having to spend whatever little time I had left on Dynazenon/Super Cub/Blue Reflection. The issue I sort of ran into with Shadows House is that while the anime has been fine there's been just enough changes to put me off and comparatively the current manga arc is so compelling it occupies far more mental real estate in my brain at the moment than the anime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Super Cub girl should probably not put down "rescue services" on her career aspirations form when she graduates.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean Yurucamp is also a thinly veiled camping equipment and tourist attraction ad, it's not really necessarily an indictment IMO as long as you handle it well enough. Super Cub mostly gets it right though it does sort of contribute to some tone issues like the past ep in a sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
SSSS.Dynazenon had a very strong final episode and a third season for Gridman x Dynazenon so great all around. Combined with Super Cub losing me a little it's definitely my AOTS.