Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
How will the rangers make the playoffs now?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

I know people will laugh at the "histrionics" here and Larry Brooks is not a very credible person in alot of cases except for when it comes to his connections on the New York sports scene, but Panarin got the side of his *unhelmeted* head literally bounced off the ice by Wilson, he could have actually died in circumstances very similar to that with worse luck.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m in favor of a suspension but New York is way too over the top with that statement. Except the part about getting rid of Parros.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Someone should use their stick as a lightsaber

problem solved

Already been done.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Starsfan posted:

I know people will laugh at the "histrionics" here and Larry Brooks is not a very credible person in alot of cases except for when it comes to his connections on the New York sports scene, but Panarin got the side of his *unhelmeted* head literally bounced off the ice by Wilson, he could have actually died in circumstances very similar to that with worse luck.

Isn't that literally how Parros's career ended

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

where is the lie

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
If I was the Rangers’ owner and had more money than I and my entire lineage could conceivably spend in all our lifetimes, I would take this big ol’ powder keg and toss a lit match into it. I’d tell my remaining players that I would cover their fines and continue to pay their salaries during any suspensions they may receive due to any offense committed in the upcoming Rangers/Caps game, and just hope they take the bait and set off the brawl to end all brawls during the NHL’s precious nationally televised game. Just vicious, unrepentant violence, like the Isles/Pens game a decade ago.

I wonder what the NHL’s advertisers would think about such barbarity being broadcast live to all corners of the world under the league’s banner? Gee, might either of the two networks that just signed massive TV deals with the NHL have something to say about what sort of content they’ll be showing and paying for? Makes you think.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wow

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!

Witch hunt!!!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Best part of this whole mess is a simple suspension, even a weak one, would have been enough to shut most people up and at least avoid a team actively calling for the removal of the head of the DoPS. As if it’s hard to be a little strict when it comes to punishing Wilson.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

St. Dogbert posted:

If I was the Rangers’ owner and had more money than I and my entire lineage could conceivably spend in all our lifetimes, I would take this big ol’ powder keg and toss a lit match into it. I’d tell my remaining players that I would cover their fines and continue to pay their salaries during any suspensions they may receive due to any offense committed in the upcoming Rangers/Caps game, and just hope they take the bait and set off the brawl to end all brawls during the NHL’s precious nationally televised game. Just vicious, unrepentant violence, like the Isles/Pens game a decade ago.

I wonder what the NHL’s advertisers would think about such barbarity being broadcast live to all corners of the world under the league’s banner? Gee, might either of the two networks that just signed massive TV deals with the NHL have something to say about what sort of content they’ll be showing and paying for?

it really sucks that Haley isn't in their org anymore, easy callup

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

incredible

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

WeaponX posted:

Best part of this whole mess is a simple suspension, even a weak one, would have been enough to shut most people up and at least avoid a team actively calling for the removal of the head of the DoPS. As if it’s hard to be a little strict when it comes to punishing Wilson.

yeah im sure people would shut up about it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
if Gorton isn't calling up Mason Geertsen it's a dereliction of duty

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Most excellent.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

If the DOPS was actually evil, their whole playbook would be years of lowering expectations so when they give Wilson three games everyone goes "wow that's more than I expected"

but they're just very very stupid and incompetent.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Despera posted:

yeah im sure people would shut up about it

Larry Brooks and posters on forums would not. But nobody gives a poo poo about what they think. I guarantee you NYR would not have sent out that official message and thrown a grenade into this who thing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

WeaponX posted:

Larry Brooks and posters on forums would not. But nobody gives a poo poo about what they think. I guarantee you NYR would not have sent out that official message and thrown a grenade into this who thing.

that message doesn't do poo poo

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Impressive that Whitney isn’t the dumbest guy on the podcast

https://twitter.com/biznasty2point0/status/1389717643871936513?s=21

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Dirty Burger posted:

Impressive that Whitney isn’t the dumbest guy on the podcast

https://twitter.com/biznasty2point0/status/1389717643871936513?s=21

Three absolute mouthbreathers on that podcast. Unlistenable even by Barstool standards.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

T-Bone posted:

if Gorton isn't calling up Mason Geertsen it's a dereliction of duty

yeah.

listen i love Panarin, he's the most fun Ranger to watch in like twenty years along with Zuke and Fox and 05-06 Jagr, but Tom Wilson is good for the NHL. i know i'm probably in the minority but there's an easy solution to this via Chris Kreider and Samsonov's knee, Mason Geertsen, telling tim gettinger/brendan smith/julien gauthier/will cuylle/braden schneider/paul thompso/etc

tomorrow night should look like Islanders-Pens. i get this is the New NHL but especially with the expanded taxi squad we should always have 3-4 idiots ready to injure people

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't get it, can someone explain that one?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
"horrifying act of violence"

way to move from my sympathies to the lol pile there rangers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hope everyone remembers this incident in the future and stops calling Brad Marchand (who by the way is a good boy and hasn't been suspended since 2018) the dirtiest player in the league

Does punching Scott Harrington in the back of the head while he was on his knees facing away from Marchand and after play had been blown dead but not getting caught give him brownie points?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Despera posted:

that message doesn't do poo poo

Says who?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Does punching Scott Harrington in the back of the head while he was on his knees facing away from Marchand and after play had been blown dead but not getting caught give him brownie points?

Hey, stop making up players.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
we have a guy who's 6'4", still one of the fastest players in the league, and has been on good behavior so he won't get too long of a ban, and we have casus belli. why isn't this being planned:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

I googled that guy and it says he's a golfer so I don't know what you're talking about

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Skillsy75/status/1389722566273687559?s=19

I don't have an opinion on his actions but I like his actions

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I googled that guy and it says he's a golfer so I don't know what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uawpQbdaw

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, this. I was there.

(Punches dude in the back of the head, skates away as if it ain't no thing even as said dude's teammate tries to get at him.)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

WeaponX posted:

Says who?

oh I'm sorry it means the rangers will be fined. hope Dolan recovers

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, this. I was there.

(Punches dude in the back of the head, skates away as if it ain't no thing even as said dude's teammate tries to get at him.)

I'm a Bruins fan and even I can't justify Brad Marchand's bullshit, it's really embarrassing and even more frustrating because he's actually a good player underneath it all

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

shyduck posted:

It takes some doing to stand out as a moron among the Nashville broadcasting staff, but Gill sure manages it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Despera posted:

oh I'm sorry it means the rangers will be fined. hope Dolan recovers

Why would they fine them I thought nobody is going to give a poo poo about the message?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

shyduck posted:

This is the rough hockey equivalent of that "the effects are bad but the causes are good" tweet.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Tony D should attack Tom Wilson backstage as a prelude to a face turn at Summerslam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

This is the rough hockey equivalent of that "the effects are bad but the causes are good" tweet.

There are players who can be plucky or pests and fit the bill he's describing without being shitheads. Guys who piss you off unless they're on your team, at which point you love them. Patric Hornqvist and Scott Hartnell are examples.

Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand are not.