Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

And you didn't even mention Ron Hainsey. Or Rob Scuderi's dessicated corpse.

Hainsey scored a sick-rear end end-to-end goal in the 2017 final, he gets a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

inferis posted:

Reinfection is rare but possible

Jayce Hawryluk currently has the Brazilian Variant of covid during the current Canucks outbreak despite getting infected with the original virus last summer. Teams shouldn't be assuming that there is any immunity at this point.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Yeah, good loving luck with that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A fluid situation because the Canucks are currently vomiting and making GBS threads everywhere

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I thought the two weeks was from a negative tests? If it isn’t this could go bad.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1379945067058765824

Devils retain 50% on both Palmieri and Zajac as well

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Cool.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Nate Schmidt just got added to the protocol list as well.

Cool, cool

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

Aggressive move by the isles. Interesting

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1379946867568607236

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I know nothing about those prospects but getting a first seems good for the Devils.

Also maybe the Pens can actually beat the Devils this week with those two players gone. Who am I kidding I know how this ends

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1379947757176229891

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Isles going for it

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

grack
Jan 10, 2012

inferis posted:

I thought the two weeks was from a negative tests? If it isn’t this could go bad.

Players have to have three straight negatives tests on three successive days after symptoms abate to leave isolation. They're then subject 14 days of medical monitoring and PCR testing, but can return to the club for skates/training/games etc.

Of course this is all pointless when you're still symptomatic, so that timeline is still a long ways off.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Oh so they’re planning to return with an ahl team?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1379947308389969922

Hilarious how Gretzky has half the entries on this list (and 4 in one season!)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cool. That's a much bigger deal than I was expecting to see at this deadline.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/status/1379948100991643650

The uhh prospects suck haha

grack
Jan 10, 2012

inferis posted:

Oh so they’re planning to return with an ahl team?

The AHL team is also all dead (they haven't played since March 10)

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The two prospects are fringe AHL tweener types, they're not much. The late first rounder is by far the most valuable piece coming from the isles

I had no idea Zajac was available too but because of that I'm OK with the price being a first, especially considering it sounded like Boston was pretty hot for Palmieri too

Isles lines probably shake out to be something like

Palmieri/Barzal/Eberle
Beauvilier/Nelson/Bailey
Zajac/Pageau/Wahlstrom
Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck

Those are four really solid lines with how well Beauvilier and Wahlstrom are developing this year, I'm starting to get nervous that I'm feeling a faint sense of hope here

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ginette Reno posted:

I know nothing about those prospects but getting a first seems good for the Devils.

Also maybe the Pens can actually beat the Devils this week with those two players gone. Who am I kidding I know how this ends

zajac was a pretty big reason the devils play the penguins so tough. he checks sid very well.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

inferis posted:

Reinfection is rare but possible

Incorrect. B117 (UK/Bristol variant) and the P1 Brazilian have significant immune escape even in previously infected individuals. Go look up what happened in Mansus, Brazil for what P1 and 'natural herd immunity' looks like.

Hainsey gets a pass because it led to that awesome goal and a cup. Scuds I thought was a UFA signing not a rental the 2nd time around.

Isles going for it. With that center depth and scoring add they are going to be really difficult.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

grack posted:

The AHL team is also all dead (they haven't played since March 10)

Wait so how are they going to return in a week then?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kilza posted:

Them referring to the forwards in the return by last names only reminds me of Letterkenny where the TSN panel refers to Reilly, Jonesy, and Shoresy by their last names only.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Incorrect. B117 (UK/Bristol variant) and the P1 Brazilian have significant immune escape even in previously infected individuals. Go look up what happened in Mansus, Brazil for what P1 and 'natural herd immunity' looks like.

You’re right, I was trying to tone down how I described it because I’m never sure how anyone outside the doomer thread will take the info especially since it doesn’t get a lot of news coverage. If I said unqualified that it didn’t matter whether or not he’d been infected, I expected some well actuallys.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

inferis posted:

Wait so how are they going to return in a week then?

They pretty obviously aren't going to return, the NHL is just desperately hoping that they don't have to cancel the rest of the Canucks' season so they don't have to cut a cheque to advertisers for the cancelled games.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils have no one left haha

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

shyduck posted:

Isles going for it

:hai:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

quote:

Breaking its communications silence, the team issued a medical statement Wednesday summarizing the positive tests so far, confirming there is a coronavirus variant involved and attributing the outbreak to a “source infection to a single individual obtained in a community setting.”

[...]

The community setting is believed to have been a Vancouver restaurant. Several have been closed recently due to COVID exposures. The province shut down interior dining at restaurants the same day as Gaudette’s positive test.

The Canucks’ statement adds heft to the internal memo the NHL sent its teams on Saturday warning against non-compliance with the league’s COVID-19 protocols, which include a prohibition on players dining out.

“We have begun to encounter incidences of non-compliance with the COVID-19 Protocol, which have resulted in exposure to, and infection from, the COVID virus,” the memo stated.

source: Iain MacIntyre

Good job, idiot!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Natural immunity from COVID classic seems to suck for P1 but luckily the vaccines (at least the 2 dose ones) seem to make your body pump out enough antibodies to still defeat them.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Oh, I know America is a poo poo show but the biggest kid on the block gets to take what they want, unfortunately. Just if before the seasons started you called an entire team getting mega covid and another probably about to go down to a similar fate, I'd have guessed the central. Texas, Floridas, and a Carolina? Woof.

Did you forget Dallas?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 8, 2021

grack
Jan 10, 2012

fisting by many posted:

Good job, idiot!

Just some great loving decision making all around.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

inferis posted:

You’re right, I was trying to tone down how I described it because I’m never sure how anyone outside the doomer thread will take the info especially since it doesn’t get a lot of news coverage. If I said unqualified that it didn’t matter whether or not he’d been infected, I expected some well actuallys.

That's fair :) sorry for the dickishness. At this point just hoping everyone with Vancouver has a recover to full health.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lou gave Zajak a hilariously awful contract and then gave up a 1 for him. lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fisting by many posted:

Good job, idiot!

It was the Cactus Club lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'll always love zajac but boy if there's ever been a symbol of all the losing the devils have done over the last decade, he's probably it. constantly miscast as something he wasn't.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So that player is definitely getting punished unless he is named Pettersson or Hughes, eh?
If he's a scrub his career is probably done in Vancouver even

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

It was the Cactus Club lol

drat you Cactus Club! First you remove the duck clubhouse from the menu and now you're trying to kill the Canucks! :argh:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1379957317433712640?s=20

"I hope this trade sucks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Zajac looked really good against the Caps the other day. Looking forward to running into NYI in the playoffs even less.