Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars won a game in regulation if you can believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I remember watching him practice with the Stars.

So long ago...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars have won two games in a row.

My brain is melting

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Given the Stars are in a perpetual swirl of mediocrity after inexplicably breaking everything they had to get to the SCF, I can survive on watching the Blues be bad.

I can still enjoy that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cocaine Bear posted:

Also, I watched the lat few game throughout and the Stars are... getting better? They're still pretty good in their own end and are surviving the Oittenger show and guys like hints and Robertson are playing lights out. Miro still seems off/hurt and the D could contribute more overall but they haven't look as completely lost as they did early in the season. That said, I'm 100% sure they're about to go on a Bowness special 10 game skid so it's all moot. Still, last two weeks they've looked somewhere between "not wholly terrible" and "uh, maybe a bit good?". :iiam:

Food for thought:

Hintz is playing hurt, so off-season surgery is likely. Same for Radulov. You could see Seguin and/or Bishop playing again by the end of the month, but expecting them to magically turn things around is hilariously optimistic. Assuming the team manages to stay healthy enough, there's still the issue of its offensive woes.

This team could very well sneak into one of those last playoff spots; not crazy enough to suggest they couldn't. But they look like a team that never stopped playing after losing in the SCF. They're hurt, they're messy, and the silver lining is you've got a team actually exploring some of their younger prospects finally. Here's to hoping none of em break.

Robertson loving owns though, I love that kid.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cocaine Bear posted:

They replaced his hips

with Prince Rupert's Drops.

Anyway, I think the nail on the head is they look like they never stopped playing (in a bad way). But I've seen some light these last couple weeks, so hopefully some of the underlying goodness will shine. And some of these kids are gonna be studs (I also Stan for Robertson).

Truly I'm just loving worried Hintz is pushing himself through something he shouldn't. If he's about to turn a corner in his career I don't want him to gently caress it up trying to will a first round exit into happening.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DildenAnders posted:

The salary cap sucks, and getting mad at teams circumventing it is being a scab.

Incorrect: if I dislike a team already circumventing the cap gives me more to be upset about

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will always pull for Jack Campbell because I got to see plenty of practices with the Stars and the dude busted his rear end every time to try and get it all together.

I hope it's not a streak and things are finally clicking for him. He's put in the work at this point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

The worst player in the NHL is still one of the best hockey players of all time.

Except John Scott. John Scott was never good at any level.

I think a player that makes an all star game worth watching, regardless of how they do it, deserves some degree of respect.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ben Bishop and Alexander Radulov are done for the season.

Ben Bishop played two(?) games in the bubble, then didn't play at all this season. Radulov is getting surgery, he's played a handful of games this season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jamwad Hilder posted:

sounds like theyre officially changing the canucks schedule again

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1382803817079668738

Must be nice

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ginette Reno posted:

That Pens game sure was a game.

https://twitter.com/Canes/status/1384684272628469768?s=20

Lol at Gourde being a piece of poo poo and getting clowned by Jordan Staal and then still having the gall to try to get the ref to make a call in his favor

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Emotional

Passionate

Dumb as poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nah he's still dumb as poo poo. The pandemic being hard to manage is no goddamn surprise and if he had faith that the NHL of all organizations was gonna be the one to press the magic button where viral risk was gone forever he's even dumber.

I'm not going to entertain a grown man whining about the pandemic being hard. There are, in fact, zero excuses for this poo poo. I'm glad they've made it clear he put himself out there and on his big dumb soap box so I can single him out as being king dumbass.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sidney Crosby actually sucks though

Because I don't like him, mostly. But also he doesn't play for my team.

So...yeah, sucks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/iamjericho/status/1386807031466766340?s=21

knowing that Barkley likes hockey too, this could be fun

It would be rad as hell to hear him get a chance to weigh in on covid protocols in the NHL

Super rad. The raddest. So rad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

Rocket League rules for 3v3 OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjaFII3dbbU (I cant remember which one of you recorded this but this was a lot of fun we had after that particular ASG)

That rules, lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jhet posted:

Is it really or is that just the east coast bias?

What does your heart tell you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just call it NHL N/V April: OT or something dumb

Also, does the Stars season end today with a loss against the Predators? Most likely, yeah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lmfao stars needed to beat Nashville in regulation

they have taken it to OT and given them a PP

what a season

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Good soup! posted:

lol that was the fifth time the preds beat the stars in OT??

Yes

0-5

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In hindsight, it's goddamn hilarious the Stars convinced themselves they had a real shot at the playoffs after getting 4 straight games against the Red Wings

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DOOMocrat posted:

Tyler Seguin has been activated from IR.

I assume this is punishment for missing a team meeting.

He's got an article up on the athletic about how bad his leg got

I uh......I think the end of this season is really just a stress test for him. Between his hip and his knee his leg was in a bad way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Liking Tom Wilson makes you legitimately a piece of poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd just like to say if there's a silver lining to this Dallas Stars season, it's that they put "Come and Take It" on their dumb new jerseys, and then by all accounts it looks like the league went and did so.

Just lmao at the idea of beating Tampa Bay even one more time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mcvey posted:

Wilson's going to gently caress up anyone that comes after him and y'all will keep crying about him

I didn't know Wilson's kid posts on something awful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's wild to play what if--I think if the Stars were fully healthy this season they might have wound up in a shittier position. They're only playing some of the younger players because they have no alternatives due to injury. Bowness was gunshy on using rookies and younger players last season.

Khudobin came back down to earth and he's just whatever now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Dallas beating Tampa Bay tonight to keep their playoff hopes alive?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Kite posted:

Kings lose, Blues get a point. West is set.

Knights
Avs
Wild
Blues

I hope they all lose simultaneously

Actually the Avs are okay, I guess

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars will lose the last game of the season while the Preds will lose out too

It is written

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Stars

gently caress this season sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Please god strike Jim Nill down