Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
I guess we’ve determined what it takes for the Flames to have a decent game these days - they just have to play teams who’re playing their fourth game in six nights and attended a teammate’s funeral earlier in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
If I was the Rangers’ owner and had more money than I and my entire lineage could conceivably spend in all our lifetimes, I would take this big ol’ powder keg and toss a lit match into it. I’d tell my remaining players that I would cover their fines and continue to pay their salaries during any suspensions they may receive due to any offense committed in the upcoming Rangers/Caps game, and just hope they take the bait and set off the brawl to end all brawls during the NHL’s precious nationally televised game. Just vicious, unrepentant violence, like the Isles/Pens game a decade ago.

I wonder what the NHL’s advertisers would think about such barbarity being broadcast live to all corners of the world under the league’s banner? Gee, might either of the two networks that just signed massive TV deals with the NHL have something to say about what sort of content they’ll be showing and paying for? Makes you think.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

St. Dogbert posted:

If I was the Rangers’ owner and had more money than I and my entire lineage could conceivably spend in all our lifetimes, I would take this big ol’ powder keg and toss a lit match into it. I’d tell my remaining players that I would cover their fines and continue to pay their salaries during any suspensions they may receive due to any offense committed in the upcoming Rangers/Caps game, and just hope they take the bait and set off the brawl to end all brawls during the NHL’s precious nationally televised game. Just vicious, unrepentant violence, like the Isles/Pens game a decade ago.

I wonder what the NHL’s advertisers would think about such barbarity being broadcast live to all corners of the world under the league’s banner? Gee, might either of the two networks that just signed massive TV deals with the NHL have something to say about what sort of content they’ll be showing and paying for? Makes you think.

I would like to point out that the above suggestion, while ridiculous, would have been infinitely better than what Dolan actually did.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Why the hell is the NHL insisting on going ahead with the three postponed Flames/Canucks games between the 16th and 19th? Absolutely nobody is going to care about those games, including the players on the ice. Just cancel the games, use point percentage to determine draft lottery positioning, and get to the playoffs.