Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I hope that's real. As in walmart will actually donate meals. It's mean to Hart either way. But a bad april fool's joke if that's what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Winnipeg plays Montreal tomorrow, so it could take out 3 of 4 playoff teams

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but how do they know causality re infection at the restaurant? I get multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant, but is it not possible gaudette was the initial entry point, and that he was the source for the other cases at the restaurant?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

To answer your questions:

Yeah but that doesn't prove who brought it in. If Gaudette brought it in than he didn't catch it from the restaurant.

I guess gene sequencing is a thing, but is there any indication they've done that? Basically I don't trust that any Canadian provinces are doing a good job of tracing. BC is not publicly tracking cases at schools

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Oleksiak would have been decent for the Jets. Ideally they get a shutdown left D to play with Pionk, and push Forbort to the 3rd pair. And then finally put Demelo back with Morrisey

so I guess Kulikov is coming back to Winnipeg

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe gaudette felt bad and outcast from the team because of it, and asked to be traded to get a new start somewhere he isn't the covid outbreak scapegoat

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

gently caress off bald rear end ryan. the ducks don't give a poo poo about you, you scum-suckin labor betrayer. do what's best for getzlaf

maybe he decided that what's best for him is staying put with his family during a pandemic, and is spinning it this way so fans don't get mad about him refusing to be traded.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

FBS posted:

the Jets can and will lose to this line up any day of the week

Not now that the savior Ville Heinola is playing

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

this is great. This cements the Jets at center, they have a top 3 goalie, two elite wingers. Now they just need Heinola and Samberg to pan out to fix the D.

I wonder how this impacts the expansion draft though? now Appleton has to be exposed?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

FBS posted:

I'd say the odds are good that Chevy makes a deal to protect the current roster, if he can. Depends on what Seattle is looking for I guess

Might also depend what happens with Copp. If Chevy doesn't think he can re-sign Copp at a good price, maybe he makes a deal with Seattle to leave him unprotected. Seattle sends a pick back or something.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
The jet's moved to 3 forwards in OT and it's great

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

fancy stats posted:

https://jfresh.substack.com/p/which-teams-are-relying-most-on-defencemen

Montreal has defensemen who take too many garbage shots and can't perform zone exits and entries to save their lives?

:monocle:

LoL that logan stanley leads d men in shots, and 3 jet's are the top 3 in low quality shots, including logan stanley. I wonder if the forwards get pissed about that. Especially since guys like scheifele and wheeler are all about puck control waiting for a quality opportunity

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It sounds like he is saying he didn't want to take the vaccine and only took it because he thought the NHL would remove restrictions on him? Like he's an antivaxxer who got tricked into vaccine?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

So I couldn't really watch the game but what the gently caress got into Joe to do this bullshit

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1385627722488160256?s=20

Just casually headhunting nothing to see here

Probably should have been a fine for Galchenyuks hit on Lowry in the first too. Lowry now out with a concussion and the only thing Galchenyuk hit was his head

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Marvel Dionne came very close with 15 consecutive seasons although was 1 point off being ppg in his rookie season and 2 points off being ppg in his 17th season.

A few guys like Bobby Hull did it if you include the WHA.

The Marvel extended universe has gone to far.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Soon they will be able to lead into hockey with the XCFL hosted by The Rock

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
maybe there should be a new trophy for the best player over 36. Opposite of the Calder. Call it the Jagr or something.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Marko Dano is back in the NHL! On the Jets taxi squad for their upcoming road trip. what a strange career

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Dennis Beyak posts in this thread?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Fire Maurice. And huddy

Why is poolman still playing on the 1st pair

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
The jets are doing their best to ruin that possibilty

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

The short version of it is the players like the city but admit it doesn't have the flash of bigger markets, although some liked it that way. Jarmo negotiates hard with RFAs, and they said they liked Torts because he was consistent in treating 4th liners the same as stars.

There wasn't really much drama at all. Most suggested they really just needed to figure out what they want to be as a team, knowing they're a smaller market and under a tight cap.

Treating 4th liners as stars seems potentially bad for the stars?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

FBS posted:

the Winnipeg Jets have lost seven games in a row, in regulation

Fire Paul Maurice

They are now tied with Montreal for 3rd. Doing their best to get away from the McDavid matchup. It's all a ruse! Maurice will pull out the playoff lines soon! and the playoff d-zone system! and the playoff transition system! etc. etc.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe Tom Wilson could rehabilitate his image around here a bit by giving tobias petterson a good body slam

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/GeorgesLaraque/status/1389979979782533124?s=20

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
TSN's highlights of the game show most of the fights and shenanigans, and 0 goals

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Has any reporter tried to find out what panarin thinks? It seems that reporting Wilson saying he reached out without saying what panarin thinks about it is kind of bad

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
There's no reason to play him the last 3. The jet's are terrible. He can warm up for Toronto against them in the first round

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder what the DOPS will do when Joe Thornton brains McDavid on May 14th, and then Nurse cross checks Matthews in the face, in a meaningless game, because neither team had the cap space to sit anyone.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I think the issue with Buff and the Jets was that he didn't tell them about the injury in the exit interviews, and so there was controversy about whether he was injured in the course of play or not, and so I think an issue of insurance coverage and who would pay for the surgery. Since it sounds like Eichel was injured in the off season, it may have been the same issue with him. Especially since it sounds like he couldn't get a second opinion because of covid.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I was a fan of the oilers in the early to mid 2000s, when Charlie Huddy was assistant coach overseeing defense. That team always struggled with zone exits and tended to get hemmed into their own zone a lot. They always tried to move the puck up the board, but the winger on the boards had no on to pass to in the middle and so would either get checked by the opposing D, or have to chip it out (backhand). The year they had Pronger being an exception.

Now Huddy has been the assistant coach of the Jets since they rejoined the league, and they have the same issue. defensemen always play it to the winger on the halfwall. That winger has no one else to pass it to, so they lose it to the opposing D, or chip it out as a turnover. The exception was when the Jets had Buff, Trouba, Myers who all liked to carry the puck out of the zone. Ehlers is now the only one who regularly carries it out of the d-zone, but he is not a defenseman.

Basically I think that Huddy is as big a problem as Maurice, if not worse. I think both he and Maurice should be fired this offseason. I am fine with Kompon and Lowry for now, as they are special teams coaches I believe, and the Jets special teams have been decent.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Savard's very good defensively but pretty much a black hole of offense.

Also wouldn't his numbers be mostly the result of being on a bad Columbus team, where as the others have been on a good Tampa team?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Laine regularly speaks his mind, including talking about being disappointed in himself. Its not new. It won't be the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

David Thomson is the richest man in Canada but his role in managing the Jets doesn't seem to be significant.

Yeah he is just the financial backing. Chipman is the real owner, and the Chipmans are only car-dealer/Winnipeg real estate rich. Probably the team would fold if Thomson pulled out though.