Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

tj oshie's contract is good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

didn't the montreal police try to arrest chara after that hit or something

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly lol at people losing their minds over tom wilson punching a guy in the shoulder

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Liking Tom Wilson makes you legitimately a piece of poo poo.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1389387625740505090?s=20

he's right

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

caps past 24 hours:

- public enemy #1 tom wilson
- ovechkin re-aggravates(?) an injury
- tj oshie's dad dies (RIP :smith:)
- kuzy and samsonov healthy scratched for disciplinary reasons
- kuzy back on the COVID-19 protocol list

am I missing anything

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

if this results in the nhl getting rid of parros then tom wilson will be a hero actually

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Lollin as a guys larynx is being crushed by a stick and getting head punched. Just LOL lmao. Holy poo poo you guys I'm dying, Panarin's head just bounced off the ice after getting summer slammed by the hair into it 😂😂😂😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

the stick was under him dummy

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I googled that guy and it says he's a golfer so I don't know what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uawpQbdaw

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1389739889629929472?s=20

absolutely sick to my stomach. arrest him

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is so loving funny

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

what a week, huh?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Carwash oval office posted:

We will see how the hockey gods react to Wilson cowering in dressing room, Oshie punching someone in the back of the head and then running from a fight and Manthas bush league slashes to the back of the legs that caused the cross check. I am not a hockey god, so it not for for me to judge.

the hockey gods have already spoken by making the rangers franchise completely implode

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

DJExile posted:

This wasn't about Tom Wilson, it was someone like last season whose wife or GF or something was apparently an influencer

I think perhaps you are thinking of someone else because this doesn't really describe anyone on the caps. unless like radko gudas had an influencer gf that I didn't know about

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

He’s talking about 2-3 years ago with Brooks Laich and his then reality tv star wife. I think I said something dumb about how she was a distraction for him and contributing to his poor play, I can’t really remember. Brooks suffered some career altering injuries that he never really recovered from, but at the time I was probably being stupid.

oh yeah duh. I think I started blocking brooks laich from my memory because he had some weird embarrassing podcast after he stopped playing hockey

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I remember seeing articles from celebrity magazines or whatever that were like "Who's this completely random nobody Julianne Hough is dating??? Turns out he's a hockey player! So still a nobody"

e: also lol at the new york rangers

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the only thing missing from the capitals-rangers blood feud right now is legendary washington capitals goaltender henrik lundqvist

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Starsfan posted:

That was legit surprising, with how much these hockey players supposedly care about their reputation as tough guys and how they will answer the bell... I guess the punishment is just off-set till the next time.

yeah it's almost like it probably wasn't actually his decision

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

In any other season fine but a) Washington's fate in any form isn't terribly impacted by that game and b) plenty of teams have gone 11/7 or even 11/6 this year

caps are playing for seeding and went 11/6 in that game with Tom Wilson

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

We're both predicting but I doubt it's three fights off the hop without Wilson in the lineup. I don't see absolution in that.

They aren't really in control of who they play with Boston/NYI that close and WSH/PIT so far ahead, on top of NHL seeding not really mattering much to begin with.

the case we're making is that the caps, with an injury depleted lineup, were probably trying to ice the team that gave them the best chance to win with the hopes that the shenanigans would be taken care of early (while also giving the appearance of having wilson answer the bell, I guess), and then decided to pull wilson when they realized the shenanigans would continue throughout. whether or not that was the right decision isn't really the point I'm trying to make, I'm just explaining what I think they were thinking

or tom wilson, someone who famously never gets in fights, got a cut on his hand and decided to hide in the locker room

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

we do not discuss tj oshie's definitely-bad politics and neither does he (after that one time (that I know of))

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is not enough. he nearly killed an innocent man

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

whoever wins the bruins-caps season finale tomorrow is going to lose the series in 7

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

fawning deference posted:

You don't give up on your highly-touted young goalie because of a terrible shortened Covid-riddled season. That would be incredibly stupid. You mean you wouldn't genuinely give Hart a chance to regain his form, at all? You'd just trade him when his value is at its lowest point? He's 22 and has two solid seasons behind him. Most goalies don't develop to their peak until their mid-late 20's.

Man, it's a good thing some of us aren't NHL GM's.

well yeah if I was running the philadelphia flyers I would absolutely do this and I would also make AV coach for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

if you want to kill two birds with one stone just let Tom Wilson play in a charity game against Putin