Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man getzlaf and eric stall are gonna be interesting HOF debates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Journeyman goalies need to accept their status and get NHL themed black and orange pads. Just get "Go Team!" printed on their face mask in comic sans.

better yet, each home arena now has a "house goalie" who replaces the #2 goalie and just plays whenever either team wants them to

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
perhaps he should get a bigger chesty, for "protection"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
so are a bunch of kids who grew up in the 2010s going to wax poetic about the good old days on NBCS and doc and edzo and that one idiot in the same way i do about national hockey night and thorne and clement?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
you all act like it's some sort of impossible for someone to skate by Wilson and stick a knee out.

write the guy a check under the table and thank him for ending Wilson's career and we can all move past this incident

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that wilson poo poo wasn't old tyme hockey, its the kind of punk poo poo that old tyme hockey players beat the poo poo out of you for trying to pull

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

this is some fuckin embarassing goaltending

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
"horrifying act of violence"

way to move from my sympathies to the lol pile there rangers

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
MLB just suspended a guy for 7 games for yelling meanly at an opposing player

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think the ugly bottom line is that pretty much everyone of real influence inside the NHL privately believes modern players are soft and admire Tom Wilson for playing like he came straight out of 1976,

if Tom Wilson had played in 1976 he would have gotten his face destroyed by tiger Williams or Larry Robinson for being an idiot punk.

speaking of, I'm disappointed he wasn't more badly injured tonight. why didn't the rangers just bring someone up for one NHL game to two hand him in the face or stomp his achilles and end his career?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

The only guys remotely capable of this (Trouba) is hurt.

why would you risk a long term suspension to an actual NHL caliber hockey player? just sign some giant dude from a lower league and who cares if he gets a lifetime suspension or something for intent to injure? at least wilson is gone

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

goldrush posted:

Another dominant performance by Vlad again

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1391893314593513474

Unfortunately no carpet trip this time

man i absolutely love this.

i'm going to try and convince our Russia team to write an article about Vlad and how he uses fake hockey games as a part of competition with the west

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
everyone who has ever played hockey has played with lots of laines, it is just rare one of them is good enough at shooting to make it to the NHL. more typically you find them in their natural element, mid-level beer leagues, ripping shots over the bar and talking too much in the locker room about their dodge challenger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

What kind of rule is there against neither team playing a goalie, and stealing the Art Ross and Rocket Richard trophies?

this would own