Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Stars gonna make the playoffs this year

lol, got you! April fools! :negative:

There is no way they dont get the last playoff spot. Chicago, Nashville and Columbus are all varying degrees of bad and the Stars still have 5 games left against Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Salo would have been fine, COVID is stored in the balls after all. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I feel so guilty watching hockey this season, yet I’m still gonna watch it. Life sucks so drat much right now but hockey is on TV and I need it for the distraction.

:smith:

Find a team that stinks like a butt and it will help you feel less guilty for walking away. Might I suggest the Flyers of Philadelphia?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Canadian teams should forfeit the playoffs, seed the best teams from the other divisions for a proper post season. Watch as the tears flow.

Just Vancouver since it wouldnt affect the standings anyway. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mike_V posted:

Blues are bad but luckily they aren't lucking inot loser points so they will hopefully end up in the top 10 of the draft!!

I thought by now the Hawks would have dropped below the Blues in the overall standings but no they have matched the Hawks losing record in the last 10 games. Stop that. :mad:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The new variants are actually much better at infecting children who are notoriously worse at personal hygiene and bunched up in small, poorly ventilated rooms now in almost every state so look forward to what comes from that

In a weird twist of fate for once you guys get to look north to see what horrible future lies ahead.

e: Every US NHL team will get a new Canadian strain of COVID that turns them into the Ottawa Senators.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

He'll probably be fine when he gets to play for a coach who isn't determined to keep living in 2002.

One of those exists in the NHL?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The shootout whiff is a very difficult to top blooper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz3JQZ39Tn4

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nocheez posted:

We're vaccinated, if that means anything at all to you monsters.

A single shot doesnt make you immediately immune and you should be taking the exact same precautions a non-vaccinated person is, especially given the spike in variants across North America.

This line of thinking is dangerous like a shoulder to the head. Lets call it Tom Wilsonitis.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Who cares about the Leafs lets talk about this years most likely Stanley Cup Champions, the New York Islanders.

They are the least cool New York team and I hope they dont win.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

His point pace seems solid enough but I have no idea about his peripherals.

Quick someone post heat maps for me so I can call this a good or bad trade

https://i.imgur.com/5LeTCc4.mp4

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

And on that note Chicago goes 6-2-0 against Columbus this year making them worth more than 25% of the teams points and probably the only reason the teams arent flipped in the standings.

Thanks Torts.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

If there is one thing a Domi despises, it is a fair fight.

High shelves?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Kopitar has more of a case than Getzlaf/Staal, both of whom I think will make it, and he's going to get in the first go-around.

My thing is that if you don't believe these 3 will get in, then who post-lockout will make it in? These 3 are some of the best in the past 15 years. My guess is that there's typically 3 players inducted a year, so it shouldn't be an issue for these 3.

Duncan Keith, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane.

e: How about a goalie trio in Lundqvist, Luongo and MAF?

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 13, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Derpies posted:

After Flipidelphia and Gritty saved America someone has to take their dog poo poo garbage and do them a solid

Well in this case Canadian teams arent required to participate.

Which is good because it would be saving them from themselves. They might do something stupid like trade a first for a Foligno-level player.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Wait, why is Perry a lock ? He had the early cup win , the Hart trophy season, a few more good scoring seasons, but he def peaked and cratered early.

Like, he could get in. But I honestly don’t see him as a lock or even a “he’ll eventually get in” pick.

Triple gold carries a ton of weight for HOF voting, even for average guys like gently caress Corey Perry.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AV constantly trying to take the heat off the players by blaming the schedule or pandemic is admirable, but at some point you just need to get out there and admit "We are dogshit garbage."

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Levitate posted:

Wow I am surprised the rangers aren’t on that list

Duckman2008 posted:

Actually, considering Washington was in the southeast with Florida (who is usually bad), I’m more surprised Florida is not on that list.

He has 39 against both of these teams.

e https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/o/ovechal01/splits/ sort by goals

This led me to look up Kane's stats against Columbus since Sprague is always wishing he would stop playing in them and he has 71 points in 54 GP against the Jackets.

e2: Holy poo poo Crosby has 122 points against the Isles. I assumed the Flyers were who had the the most points against but that is only 110. :v:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 14, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

looks like he could realistically add 5 more franchises to his list and pass Esposito for the record before he retires, with 35+ career goals against Florida/NYR/Pittsburgh/Buffalo/NJ. 30+ against Ottawa and Montreal too

He is going to spend the end of his career playing for a single season on each one of those teams and then retire with them all at 39.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tay Tay is about to turn his career around in Boston and win a Stanley Cup, so it won't be an issue

The only thing Taylor Hall helps teams win is the first overall pick so congratulations on your impending losing streak to end the year to miss the playoffs?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just realized Dallas could very likely finish the season with more loser points than wins. Has that ever happened since they added them?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

triple sulk posted:

The North will be shut down entirely for safety reasons. Their playoff spots will distributed to the other three divisions' fifth place teams, with the fourth team being the best sixth place team of those three divisions, thereby allowing The Philadelphia Flyers, who are dogshit garbage, to get in as the sixth seed in the East

The Ontario teams may end up playing out of the US at this rate.

Toronto relocating to Philly for "home" games feels like the most 2021 thing possible, especially if they get to the finals only to lose.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Imagine if OV hadn't missed time with the lockouts/COVID. I mean, there's still a chance he beats Gretzky but with another 100 or so games?

Didnt Gretzky lose 2 seasons as well to lockouts?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Why aren't you guys talking about Luongo being the gm of team Canada? I hope he does good and sticks around. Hockey is better when Bobby Lu is involved.

He was also named assistant GM for the 2022 Olympic team.

e: He will be in charge of goaltending and twittering.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I thought Nashville was looking pretty solid in the standings but digging deeper it looks like its mostly just been stomping Chicago (6-0-1), Columbus (5-1-0), and Detroit (6-2-0) while getting blown out by every other team in the division. If they make the playoffs they are going to get wrecked.

Any other teams going to scoot into the playoffs in a similar situation or is the Central just that lopsided?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Feels like it was just last year that Chicago was eliminating Edmonton from the playoffs. I miss those good feelings.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

When normal hockey comes back can we keep Carolina in the Central? The Metro can have the Blues in return.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

They are fun to watch and if we go back to the old divisions the Central is.. lacking in entertaining teams. Colorado would benefit from having a team around that can put up a fight so they dont coast into the playoffs and get swept. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

didn't realize Vegas already locked up a playoff spot. Guess that makes sense, that division is rear end

The parity in the Western Conference in general right now might be the worst we have seen since the salary cap started. Colorado and Vegas are powerhouses, you have a tiny handful of mediocre teams, then a giant pile of dinosaur poop at the bottom.

That Vegas gets to dodge the expansion draft is criminal.

e: Basing this off the normal divisions/conferences, not the covid ones.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jhet posted:

You should maybe watch Minnesota more this year. They’ve been scoring much more than years past and have been a lot of fun most nights. They did go 3-5 with Colorado, but are 4-1-1 against Vegas too. Kaprizov is just a ton of fun to watch make good Defenders look ordinary too. I have no idea how he went in the 5th round, but I’ll take it.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/1385076279632830468?s=21

How is that not fun?

Edit: the Blues, Stars, and Jets are so very grindy though. Arizona won’t be much of an addition.

I have fallen for the old "No Minnesota is good now that we have player X, just watch how fun we are" twice already, wont happen again. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sabres setting the longest losing streak record and still not finishing at the bottom of the league is going to be funny.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Lol biggg dealll that you score “points”, tell me how many Lady Bings ya got

Obviously we aren’t taking about all time, he said a current top 5 guy. Tell me with a straight face that in the 20-21 season Panarin has played worse than Malkin?

Top 5 league? No. I could squeeze him in at 10 and drop Scheifele out I guess.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

it will be very habs for them to nosedive in the standings and lose the spot to calgary

And then trade their highest pick to Chicago at the draft so we can get another DeBrincat.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

e: ^^ Golf courses in Ontario are closed right now so expect the Leafs to win until that changes.

Im going to go against common sense and say he lands in Columbus.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rocket League rules for 3v3 OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjaFII3dbbU (I cant remember which one of you recorded this but this was a lot of fun we had after that particular ASG)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

it was me!

man that was 5 years ago huh? goddamn

Oh man I didnt even look at the year. That ASG does not feel like 5 years ago.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Golden Man posted:

Tay tay is and always will be Insanely Sick.

I will agree to this if he can spell "insanely".

Or "sick".

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Dosed with polonium to get to a detractor?

Ovi wont be allowed near him.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

Panarin always gets a thumbs up from me for taking a lovely two year bridge contact to stay on the hawks, then getting traded anyways. Dude tried to help the team and got screwed.

Least he's getting paid now.

Bowman's weird and annoying habit of bringing back players form the Cup teams at a great loss when he gets into panic mode is what cost us Panarin.

The silver lining is it also got us DeBrincat, who is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Rough but at least it's not 90 degree angle like it was before Chara brained someone on it once

That was in 2011. The league still hasnt padded those things since Chara nearly killed a man on them.