Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

oh man I can't wait

Wahlstrom did it when he was a kid, though he lifts it above his shoulders. I'm assuming youth levels probably use the crossbar, or just don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USRRFzwR04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Everyone even remotely involved in the decision to have that loving skate after Gaudette tested positive needs to have their asses fired. Holy loving christ.

Or arrested.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

The now-rolling vaccine probably won't stop this variant though? The Internet seems to have mixed signals about that.

Pfizer data says it works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

chaibat posted:

Forget Crosby what about McCann?

Crosby, Bergeron and McCann all get high sticked there. It's a pretty great faceoff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this the first variant with different symptoms like that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

Does the NHL have a provision to cancel all of a team's games if they're unfit to play by a certain point? Like said above they aren't making the playoffs regardless so it's easy to cancel their games, but is it worth considering how it helps/hurts other teams in the division?

In writing, probably. In practice? That would be a shitstorm.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A hockey game is safer than grocery shopping, although I'd avoid both if I could.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Quebec.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The websites for some of the grocery stores we have here don't even have products.

It's just their weekly flyer and a store locator.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So far Pfizer fully protects against symptoms even with the South African strain, the one with the highest vaccine avoidance rate we know of. Moderna is likely the same, but only Pfizer has an actual study finalized. Pfizer reported 0 cases of serious covid in their study group which was actually in South Africa. Real world won't be 100% efficacy obviously but that's a very good sign.

(The articles I read did not state if there were cases of milder covid among the group though. Most of these studies only focus on severe covid cases.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 6, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DildenAnders posted:

Why are Blues fans complaining? You guys won your Cup, now it's time to eat poo poo. The Islanders basically haven't stopped since 1985. It was still worth it.

The climate meant they weren't able to celebrate in the traditional Missouri way and now they have a serious case of the thin blue balls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HookShot posted:

Virtanen is added to the covid list, which makes 18 of the 23 players on the Canucks roster.

Who are the 5 invincible ones? Let's put them into a giant blender and make a cure for everyone else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Biden said April 19th will be the day that anyone 16+ can get a vaccine anywhere in the US.

Some states are already there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think they considered diabetes a risk factor for priority.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

inferis posted:

It still bothers me a little bit that when people talk about good contracts vs bad contracts they mean getting more value from their labor than they are paying the player

The players are rich, they’re the enemy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

inferis posted:

The 500+ people who are the only reason anyone watches the sport making less money combined than 32 people seems pretty unfair.

The NHL has a 50/50 revenue split*.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Natural immunity from COVID classic seems to suck for P1 but luckily the vaccines (at least the 2 dose ones) seem to make your body pump out enough antibodies to still defeat them.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Oh, I know America is a poo poo show but the biggest kid on the block gets to take what they want, unfortunately. Just if before the seasons started you called an entire team getting mega covid and another probably about to go down to a similar fate, I'd have guessed the central. Texas, Floridas, and a Carolina? Woof.

Did you forget Dallas?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 8, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The worst player in the NHL is still one of the best hockey players of all time.

Except John Scott. John Scott was never good at any level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TJ Oshie is a very bad person and it's a shame he didn't bleed more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Personally I stared too long into the abyss of people who cheer for a direct, enthusiastic supporter and personal friend of a genocidal dictator because he score goal gud trying to make a high ground argument about anything, at all, ever, and now all I can do is laugh and poo poo post.

Joker’s trick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blame the province you coward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The province isn't forcing people to go sit in restaurants.

It's their fault for giving this dumb selfish rear end in a top hat the opportunity to get covid from one but also he can go gently caress himself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duck Rodgers posted:

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but how do they know causality re infection at the restaurant? I get multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant, but is it not possible gaudette was the initial entry point, and that he was the source for the other cases at the restaurant?

I imagine they can figure it out based on the timeframe of the first positives. Especially since this variant acts quite quickly compared to vanilla covid.

Might not be able to narrow down an individual with the kind of traffic a restaurant sees but you can probably track it to the specific day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duck Rodgers posted:

Yeah but that doesn't prove who brought it in. If Gaudette brought it in than he didn't catch it from the restaurant.

I guess gene sequencing is a thing, but is there any indication they've done that? Basically I don't trust that any Canadian provinces are doing a good job of tracing. BC is not publicly tracking cases at schools

Nah, Quebec is sequencing every single positive case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My nephew really likes Montour because they have the same last name.

So he has one fan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilza posted:

This draft year is looking like it'll be really bad (partially due to COVID, partially due to the draft class not being that great to begin with), so I have no problem giving up a late 1st in a bad draft year for a defenseman that the Bolts could really use and trying to go on another run.

Okay but instead, how about David Savard?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mete is better than Savard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every time they play the Flyers someone dies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They won't care until some team uses multiple offshore team accounts to get a few $12mil players for $3mil each.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yellowcar posted:

https://twitter.com/AM34/status/1381396842529820678?s=19

auston matthews is gonna cause a drought in namibia that will kill thousands

lol he's not allowed to use the Leafs logo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol Leafs still found a way to lose to Boston this season.

What species is this? I love him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sweeney purposely made bad draft picks that year to lower expectations so he can fleece people.

My article:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It means they take a lot of low quality shots and score a good deal of bullshit ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they cancel every time a St Louis or Minneapolis cop shoots someone this season will never end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That whole thing was a neo nazi dogwhistle btw.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Feral hogs?

Yeah. 30-50 and 3-5. It was that weird rear end numerology poo poo they do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

Is Hall playing tonight? Gonna be great if he torches the Sabres lol

There was a tweet yesterday saying he planned to make the 7 hour drive so he can play.

Edit: Bruins site confirms he and Reilly are in. Lazar is GTD.

I guess there's no Canada -> US quarantine? lol probably should have one of those now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a hall of fame for generic posts from 14 year olds? I have their 2021 headliner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

no u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Biden should put tariffs on signing Russian athletes.