Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Jota posted:

I think they both just love dribbling the air out of the ball too much and are prone to getting tunnel vision, plus aren't great at consistently getting to the rim and drawing fouls so they rely on having to hit a lot of tough shots too often. They're both really good players but they need a much better playmaker paired with them to get everyone easier looks and control the flow.

They overreacted to losing Kyrie. Ainge is good with flexibility. Paying Kemba was the death nell. He could have done(almost done?) so many things if he just paid Scary Terry and waited for his moment again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

Sixers are toast .

Should have traded for harden

I honestly believe they didn't want Simmons. No way Tilman wanted to run out a team deep in the luxury tax the next 3 years waiting for Wall's contract to expire.
Think about how everyone was baffled after they traded Oladipo and essentially got nothing but picks for Harden. Could of have had Lavert, maybe Allen it was all a sham. They wanted picks and no salary, they just offered Oladipo a contract to look good.

Tl;DR Harden was never going to Philly.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Spacebump posted:

lol I couldn't even recognize a picture of Mike Trout.

Lot's of baseball names in the NBA thread right now. I think the Wolves going for 1.5 billion is the real story. How long ago was the Clippers sale? Not gonna google it but Balmer throwing money around doubled the value of every north American sports team. Look it up the large majority of teams were still valued in the hundreds of millions with only a few in the billion territory. Now the Cowboys and Yankees of the world are valued in several billions and the lowliest of the low teams are at least 1.5 Billion, no offense.

Also Lakers beat the Nets and Ben McLemore shoots 5-10 from 3 and the team shoots 55% from deep. Cue the Lebron tweet.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Vinestalk posted:

Isaiah Stewart is quietly having a statistically good defensive rookie year on a dog poo poo team where he's almost exclusively coming off the bench.

Yeah, he can't score to save his life. Payton Pritchard is getting more buckets per game. HOWEVER

Leads rookies in rebounds (6.0 per game, 298 for the year)
Leads rookies in blocks (1.0 per game, 52 for the year)
Tied for third with Quickley in total win shares amongst rookies (.127 per 48, 2.6 for the year)
Fifth among rookies in PER (15.6)

It's like Ben Wallace 2.0

Detroit had a great draft, although i was disappointed they drafted Hayes instead of Halliburton. Hayes will work out in the long run.
If the Magic don't get the lottery balls to get number 1 i hope it's Detroit.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Zogo posted:

The Assassination of Zion Williamson by the Coward Dwight Howard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywC0bYA1IEk

Almost seven years ago and inflation is still taking place. The franchises are always very undervalued and sell for double the asking price because the billionaires get extra greedy.

http://grantland.com/features/psychic-benefits-nba-lockout/

Top ten in what way? Or perhaps this is a satirical callback to Draymond Green being called the GDOAT.

Inflation doesn't explain the numbers now. Look at how the stock market has grown since the last recession. Look at the housing market since the last time it went in reverse. 7 years? How does 7 years effect anything unless you love small sample sizes? My God man, Trout is a god and Zion makes Lebron look like an 18 year chump. Shaq should be bowing down now to Zion.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

chilihead posted:

Inflation doesn't explain the numbers now. Look at how the stock market has grown since the last recession. Look at the housing market since the last time it went in reverse. 7 years? How does 7 years effect anything unless you love small sample sizes? My God man, Trout is a god and Zion makes Lebron look like an 18 year chump. Shaq should be bowing down now to Zion.

Never understood why this forum hates billionaires and loves millionaire's. I guess such is life. I for one welcome SA millionaires...wait...I don't.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Zogo posted:

It is time to start investing in gold bars and underground bunker futures.

A man named after a fish is not a deity! This appears to be another bad case of recency bias.

Very rarely will Eddie Collins, Pete Alexander, Kid Nichols, Nap Lajoie, Lefty Grove, Eddie Plank, Tim Keefe, George Davis, Roger Connor, Charlie Gehringer, John Clarkson, Dan Brouthers, Arky Vaughan, Jim McCormick, Bobby Wallace, Old Hoss Radbourn, Sam Crawford and/or Bill Dahlen be mentioned in the NBA N/V thread.

Most Americans think they are aspiring millionaires. I love everyone with a negative net worth.

PS You forgot to change to your burner account. :laffo:

Been getting burned here for 15 years wondering why you all are circle jerking over people who don't read this forum.
As i said, such is life.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are you proud of this or have you just realized how sad this makes you look

Not really, I'm don't contribute much but come back for the hot takes. I honestly don't get off on the trolls, and the better content comes from r/nba anyway. As I said, such is life.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Katana_Warrior posted:

owned or not, let's not start lying during our posting meltdowns now

Let's focus on the game. Defending, your defense of millionaires is irrelevant when most people who are trolling are on Twitter. I didn't stop the conversation to insult another poster...I simply said the economics of each franchise is beyond simple mathematics. Players getting paid according to to the total worth of a franchise is separate.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

If you could stop posting about your own posting, and other people's posting, and posting about posting in general, that would be appreciated.

Cool when you do it. Pathetic when I do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Metapod posted:

He has a number 1 and number 2 overall pick how much does he need

Holy crap it took me a whole 10 seconds to remember Wiggins plays for the Warriors. Talk about being non factor, my brain just forgets he exists.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

To the single Magic fan in this thread I am so sorry for you.

It appears the Jazz have a weakness against teams at or near the bottom of the league. To win you must lose.

I would be that guy...lol. I mean it's probably true but they really needed to get the guy a few days off. He hates coaching these young guys and had an epic rant the other night. So i'm thinking he doesn't stick around for the rebuild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Going to ask a question just like the one above about Wiggins. What's his deal? I never watch the Kings. Is hitting three's all he does? Does Buddy play defense? Do his team mates like him?
Was wondering why the Kings are so bad and i never hear about Buddy.