Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
you can still get it, what the vaccines do is nearly eliminate any chance of a truly serious case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

this is just how james johnson passes

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Gamemaster Anthony Presents: Space Jam

It's like a combination of this and that futurama episode where the guy kidnaps the Star Trek cast and forces them act out his fanfiction

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

TPA rates jokic as the best defender in the league

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I don't hate it. Obviously things get better if you can pay him a little less to get some flexibility but eh

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Jrue is probably “worth” 18-22 million a year

Imho

This is about what an average starter gets.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

If you consider that Draymond is responsible for making KD leave, he is the net least valuable player in nba history.

didn't he recruit him? if so, it balances out

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

112.7 ORTg (13th), 110.1 DRtg (12th) for a Net of 2.6 (11th)

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=15

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Dutchy posted:

This was cool, no need for anyone to check into the results of the basketball game that followed

Mavs absolutely cannot touch the 76ers lol

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Mavs also got extra screwed this year by covid + condensed schedule with a guy they sit on most b2bs but tbh if they just win the games they should the rest of the way they probably get 6th over Portland.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Also, this year is fake anyway, unless you're really trying to win a title, just keep your guys healthy.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

immaculate vibes only

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

laughing at the idea that advanced stats, which consider chris paul the greatest pg of all time, is somehow underestimating him

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Dallas has been looking for a consistent number 2 scorer since 2004. Donnie Nelson should not be a GM but Cuban will never fire him

Like, I'm all here for maybe shaking things up here and I'm upset the Mavs have looked like poo poo lately, but I don't think the problem is the offense, here

1) Donnie got, in one trade, a guy averaging 21 and another averaging 16
2) He drafted a 6MOY candidate in the 2nd round who is averaging 13
3) he's one year removed from putting together one of the greatest offenses of all time?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

He hasn't put together a team that can win a playoff series since 2011. How many GMs get a decade of 0 playoff success? Porzingis is nice but much less so when you consider games played.

like I said, I'm not opposed to shaking things up, but 1) really, the offense isn't really the issue here, and 2) I doubt firing Donnie Nelson really does anything, since I imagine a lot of the big picture stuff is all Cuban, anyway.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Also the guy who ran the Wizards forever

Grunfeld

(Also I think the Mavs probably win a series or two in the East over the past decade, and that team was clearly just trying to stay pretty good with an aging Dirk.)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Dutchy posted:

What I hope will happen is that when the Mavs get 360 no-scoped by Steph Curry to get knocked out of the play-in tourney, it will cause some kind of jarring realization that most of their 30 MPG guys are 20 MPG guys, and the 20 MPG guys are 10 MPG guys, and the Trey Burke guys are Guys You Shouldn't Give a Three-Year Contract To Guys. It feels like they value all of their role players a full letter grade above where they actually are relative to the league, especially defensively. Like they don't recognize that giant chasm between Luka Doncic and Useful Glue Guys that you're supposed to fill with good starters.

What I suspect will happen is the Mavs will sign a decent bench player a la Wright or Noel that will be a perma-DNP-CD by game 35 and prepare to get rejected by Julius Randle in 2022 when Mark Cuban no-shows because he's having trouble getting his new social media-enabled toothbrush to connect to the WiFi and Donnie Nelson falters when Randle asks why the the five-year plan is just a variety of different-colored question marks

oh yeah I'm expecting this to happen too

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

rebounds are not fake at the team level, but can definitely be at the individual level

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Seth Curry also has an NBA father-in-law

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

people are used to reading into people's dumb opinions to see some dumb agenda and yeah in this case it's just dr. j hating the modern game

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Mavs ORtg is about 2 points down on last season because they went from shooting 36.7% on 3 to 36% and they're taking a few less per game.

Luka's having trouble getting to the rim and finishing as well as he did last year, but his efficiency has gone up because of his jump shooting. He also gets less calls than ever. Could be conditioning, could be spacing.

As far as his playstyle, my feeling is that he'd love to play like Brooklyn Harden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Kibner posted:

They called it last season against the Pels when they were playing the Jazz. Let the Jazz get to OT and then win the game.

e: sorry, the Pels ended up winning the game

And there was the other Jazz/Pels game where Ingram didn't get the call