Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving yikes. For the record Ben is her brother, not half brother.

https://twitter.com/livvalice/status/1379609794919628802?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stevie Lee posted:

gently caress, that's awful

Yeah, I mean just truly horrendous and possibly why Ben’s head has been a bit all over the place recently...not to reduce something serious like this to just basketball...but just something I saw posted by. few people in conjunction with talking about how she needs help and how horrible it is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fast Luck posted:

How would it damage Ben's brand for her to get therapy? Who would even know she's getting therapy?

I have no idea.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

Aldridge and Griffin are also sitting tonight

Of course I’m concerned of some bizarre rear end Sixers meltdown/brain fart game that they should be able to play.

Well that or Kyrie goes off and the Sixers also don’t play that well.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

Shams sucks so loving bad, just a useless weird robot man

He does come across as the discount Woj whose stadium business has weird conflicts and disclosure issues.

Also it’s hilarious that he’s used that account since he was a kid

Efb

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FakePoet posted:

Was it Hawley Woj told to gently caress off? I forget which garbage elemental it was, but it was pretty funny. Less funny when ESPN told him to apologize.

Yep it was pretty funny, granted it’s a shame the Hawley’s point was valid and had been picked up by him and other poo poo heads on the right.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dokmo posted:

was shams the dude who was crediting the agents who were leaking free agent deals to him, because that was funny

I wish someone tagged the Agents saying lol your guy is too small fry to get Woj to care. It was so lame.

Katana_Warrior posted:

yeah, as much of a weirdo Shams is, at least he doesn't appear to do the heinous behind-the-scenes power brokering stuff that woj does

I’m pretty sure that’s more because of lack of ability or power then any sort of morality issue.

I always liked LMA until he joined the Nets. Stinks that injury took him out.

I wonder what the possibility is that doctors told him he couldn't continue playing, so he was allowed to control the narrative by choosing retirement.

It’s possible, but it seems like a distinction without meaning, because regardless he accepted it and retired, whether it was him or the doctors,

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 15, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absolutely. It makes no difference. Just personally curious.

Oh cool, I’d suspect it was a mix of both to be honest. I think he was legit scared about his heart since he initiated stuff, and the doctors probably said your done, and while he could have tried a second opinion, LMA just concurred and accepted it.

While I’m sure he’s not hurting for money, I hope he won’t have to return anything he’s gotten already.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Declan MacManus posted:

they let him play with an irregular heartbeat the night before, so they either found something that was worse than they thought or aldridge decided he wasn’t comfortable with the risk

insurance will probably cover the cost of his contract, especially if it didn’t come up in his physical

i never liked watching him play but i’m glad he didn’t die on the court

Yeah that would have been horrible. I wonder how he knew his heartbeat was off? I’m not sure that they let him play or it was just something LMA felt. But it’s weird if it didn’t come in the physical that it just suddenly popped up…then again I’m not a doctor, so I can’t really comment on how irregular heartbeats develop.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

Give me the name of the one dude who put Jokic 4th.

Man I don’t think that’s a good idea to put out…I’d hate to see someone screaming about Wooder ice try and take out Joker’s knee.

Actually the whole Jokic/Embiid completion is actually pretty cool as Embiid has said on numerous occasion he considers Jokic one of the best current big men, so it’s a nice angle. Far more then the original let’s blow LeBron or Harden…cause if Harden can win it, Steph should be far far higher then.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

morestuff posted:

He was diagnosed with a heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome early in his career so it’s not necessarily something new for him

Oh okay that makes a lot of sense now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the world is flat...never thought I'd be agreeing with Kyrie on something.

Aldridge: Kyrie Irving says it’s time for all of us to retire the N-word — and he’s right https://theathletic.com/2518117/202..._shared_article

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

More like #NOFLY

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

Lmao no he's not right.

People are gonna be racist whether they hear some black dude say nigga or not.

It doesn't reinforce poo poo, white racist motherfuckers are gonna use that loving word whether it's in Pooh Shiesty's latest song or not.

If you don't want that term to be used around you or in reference to you, fine sure I respect it I know plenty of old heads who don't like it so out of respect I try not to use it around them

But loving lmao at literally making the argument that it falls on Black people to make white people less racist or make piece of poo poo cops not kill niggas and skate by not saying nigga of all loving things.

It's ascribing a power to a word that the word almost definitely does not have.

The cop that pulled a gun on me for going 9 over the speed limit on 55 didn't call me a friend of the family or no poo poo like that. No he just decided he wanted to pull a gun on a black dude that day and by the grace of god nothing I did caused that dude to pull the trigger.

Yeah that’s a good point and lord knows I use some awful terms to refer certain Jews…coughJaredandIvankacough…although it’s weird in the sense that it’s not tied to skin color, people don’t know automatically a lot of times if I’m the reincarnation of a Nazi or a person in a community commenting on another member of the community.

Honestly I prefer a world where Kyrie is still a galaxy brain moron anyway.

Also rap music would be really really weird if it happened.

Most importantly I accidentally hit post thinking it was something else I wrote when after thinking it over I realized Kyrie is an idiot and it wouldn’t change anything.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys I didn’t mean to post it…honestly I’m pissed this is distracting from the important thing..that apparently the Hornets have been cursed or something and their hashtag is really off.

Also like I said after thinking about it for a minute I realized how dumb it was.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poque posted:

they are actual nazis so unless you're venturing into Meyers Leonard territory you are probably ok there

Oh I’ve used that term to change Jared’s last name a few times. But also being Jewish it’s kind of hard to venture into Meyers Leonard territory….speaking of which did he get released after being dumped by Miami?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha man had the worst owning at COD ever.

Also to close the loop in the article, it was a case of thinking in the abstract, huh maybe this would be good…and then realizing yeah no this won’t change anything and about variations of it that I use (not the word obviously, but the concept) referring to people in my own religious group. So yeah I’m sorry about that.

More so I also apologize for thinking even for a second…that Kyrie isn’t a moron with dumb takes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

Lmao it's fine I'm not mad at anyone but I guess maybe Aldridge, because yeah that line of thought seems reasonable enough until you put literally any thought into what you are saying.

Niggas been pushing respectability politics from Bill 'Rapin' Cosby to Barrack 'the wedding droner' Obama.

And what the gently caress has that gotten us. Some rich rear end millionaire and billionaire black folks through capitalism who still end up getting the cops called on them at their own loving house (Dre), or get friend of the family tagged on their house(Lebron)

Thanks man I appreciate it. Yeah it’s one of those surface things that has no substance or value when you look at it in-depth and it’s just a distraction from real issues.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Algund Eenboom posted:

You guys are being way too hard on Aldridge here, dude literally just retired

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The SituAsian posted:

Late to reply but I feel like the reason Shams is so much more focused on scoops than Woj is because-in addition to The Athletic-the other outlet he works for I only know as the one of the segments that plays on the monitor at the gas pump so he has to compete by "breaking news" .

Remember if you hit a button on the screen you can usually mute it. Man that’s so sad he’s limited to Gas Station TV.