Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Welcome to the bullshit thread for this month, for my general I pick M. Bison but specifically Raul Julia as M. Bison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

*turns around*

OF COURSE!

March chat thread.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBc7yQXrP9c

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

this isn't tuesday

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

It is not Wednesday my dudes

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Rename TFR back to Tender, Friendly Rambos or Tha Fat Rifleman.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Dip Viscous posted:

this isn't tuesday

Dip Viscous posted:

Tuesday For Raul

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Shima Honnou posted:

Tuesday For Raul

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Dip Viscous posted:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Shima Honnou posted:

Tuesday For Raul

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I was talking about the Street Fighter movie with a friend of mine last night. That is not a good movie, even for a Van Damme flick, but goddamn does Raul Julia go hard in that movie. The man was dying of cancer at the time, they had to shuffle around the filming schedule due to it. You see Raul Julia, a serious, very good actor, and wonder why he's in this crap, and then you see the movie and it IS crap, but my god is he amazing in it. Then you find out he did it because it was a way he could spend more time with his kids after he passed. My feels.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shima Honnou posted:

Tuesday For Raul

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

boxen posted:

I was talking about the Street Fighter movie with a friend of mine last night. That is not a good movie, even for a Van Damme flick, but goddamn does Raul Julia go hard in that movie. The man was dying of cancer at the time, they had to shuffle around the filming schedule due to it. You see Raul Julia, a serious, very good actor, and wonder why he's in this crap, and then you see the movie and it IS crap, but my god is he amazing in it. Then you find out he did it because it was a way he could spend more time with his kids after he passed. My feels.

I'm confused. How would it allow him more time with his kids? Because his kids could watch the movie?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

boxen posted:

Its always great to see a great actor who gives zero poo poo that they are in a bad movie and just go for it anyway. A certain respect for the craft that makes them work as hard for Street Fighter as they would for King Lear.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm confused. How would it allow him more time with his kids? Because his kids could watch the movie?

Yes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

We were having Shoe Chat in the Racism thread.

I'm plopping it here for the sake of that thread -

Dip Viscous posted:

I've heard of wrestling shoes being recommended for wearing with leg braces, but I totally forget why.

(I only just realized what thread this conversation is in. We can continue it in the new chat thread whenever it appears.)

These three sneakers work. The elastic kid's laces are best, because I need more flex in them when I walk than normal laces. The green ones on the far left do the best.

What they look like assembled -

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The main thing for me that is a bitch, other than having to wear braces, is the style of shoe I've worn my entire life. I've almost exclusively worn Chelsea Boots, like these -

In my daily bullshit, I typically wear jeans and a black t-shirt. Like Henry Rollins, with the occasional patterned shirt thrown on top. I haven't worn sneakers since I was a little kid. But I can deal with sneakers.

The thing I can't figure out is dress shoes. Or even "Business Casual." I've even thought about getting dress boots that zip up on the inside.

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003

stealie72 posted:

Its always great to see a great actor who gives zero poo poo that they are in a bad movie and just go for it anyway. A certain respect for the craft that makes them work as hard for Street Fighter as they would for King Lear.

I agree. Seeing a great actor in a bad movie and they are not phoning it in for the paycheck is often a pleasure. Alan Rickman in Robinhood was another great example.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jeremy Irons in the DnD movie leaps to mind.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tim Curry in anything, especially the Command and Conquer cutscenes. Dude always gave 110%

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

canyoneer posted:

Tim Curry in anything, especially the Command and Conquer cutscenes. Dude always gave 110%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah, from what I've read, his kids were big fans of the franchise and "helped" him with the character. I don't know how old they would have been at the time but I'm confident in saying it was too young to lose your dad.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Captain Log posted:

We were having Shoe Chat in the Racism thread.

I'm plopping it here for the sake of that thread -

(I only just realized what thread this conversation is in. We can continue it in the new chat thread whenever it appears.)

These three sneakers work. The elastic kid's laces are best, because I need more flex in them when I walk than normal laces. The green ones on the far left do the best.

What they look like assembled -

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SadAffectionateFishingcat-mobile.mp4

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

My favorite General? Malaise.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I have always liked General Mills, myself.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This is me, but physically attached into an exercise bike while making much fatter noises.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

boxen posted:

Yeah, from what I've read, his kids were big fans of the franchise and "helped" him with the character. I don't know how old they would have been at the time but I'm confident in saying it was too young to lose your dad.

Looking it up, oldest would have been 10 or 11.

Captain Log posted:

This is me, but physically attached into an exercise bike while making much fatter noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtSHiu_TJ6A

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

Fun Raul Julia fact, while filming one of the Addams Family movies one of his eyes fell out while he was talking to someone, and he put it back in without missing a beat.

Now that is some Gomez Addams poo poo right there.

https://www.film-news.co.uk/news/UK/34390/Anjelica-Huston-pranked-Raul-Julia-following-eyeball-incident

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0MD7_8AkNA

Genuine Soviet anti-aging cream. Sadly, it's all sold out.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What do you expect? It's endorsed by Gun Jesus (PBUH) himself.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Genuine Soviet anti-aging cream. Sadly, it's all sold out.

Hell, I'd give it a shot. The Soviets managed to work miracles with Lenin, after all.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I repurposed the box that my rifle rest came in. It's now a BB gun shooting gallery.

I delivered my part of a project last week (well, the final updates), and I have PTO next week, so this week has been slow. The design evolved as I fiddled around with duct tape and a box cutter. I was initially going to have some paracord to use to hang the clothespins on, but that didn't work out well, so I zip tied them. I was also going to have it so the front could be opened like a book, which would allow easy replacement of the cardboard inserts, but then I just cut a slot in the top.

In the back is a piece of scrap 1/2" plywood, and that's covered by several inches of cardboard. I put a 2" strip of plywood in the bottom up front; that and the tall cardboard keeps the backstop a couple inches behind the targets.

This is way better than my big-rear end box of cardboard, which was a flat-ish box longer than 3' tall and wide. That's a great backstop, but the packing isn't consistent, and it's annoying to set up on stuff. I could use this to shoot inside.

Lack of ammo and reloading components make Tarlibone a crafty boy.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

You own the most kick rear end Red Ryder possible and you're doing everything right.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

OIL HERE. Do it, OIL the HERE. It thirsts.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. One kept oily.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

It filled the hands of the short-timers, and those who felt the sproing of its buffer named it...

THE POODLE SHOOTER.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Glad you had some plywood scrap laying around. It's like $50/sheet at Lowe's right now which is making me postpone some projects

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Glad you had some plywood scrap laying around. It's like $50/sheet at Lowe's right now which is making me postpone some projects

Jesus, really?

A few months back I got some 2 4's, the pre-cut kind. That's how I made my target stands (which need stakes or something for high winds). Prices seemed fairly normal, but I wasn't looking at plywood. I've never seen it that expensive, except for the fancy stuff with the furniture-grade veneer surface. This is a 1/2" scrap that's left over from... maybe a ceiling repair? I can't remember. It is handy having a sheet or two of 1/2", 3/4", and maybe 1/4" laying around. At some point last summer, I bought some 3/4" pressure-treated plywood, but I can't remember what I paid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Oh yeah. Average new home these days will cost an extra $24k just to cover increased lumber costs