Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Tom of Finland.

Or Lemmy. RIP to the world's most humble alcoholic gambler rockstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

DarkHorse posted:

The only place cowboy boots make sense is riding horses. The pointed toe and smooth leather sole makes it easier to put your foot in and out of stirrups, especially if say your horse saw an ant and was about to kill itself and you.

Yeah, but for that to make sense, you'd have to want to ride a horse. My family owns about 2 dozen horses, and while I wouldn't say I hate horses, I'd prefer to never have to interact with them ever.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Beardless posted:

Especially around state fair season, there are a lot of genuine cowboys. It's easy to scoff at someone wearing the hat, boots, and jeans with a big belt buckle until you see them with either a horse trailer or a trailer chock full of hay.

If I see a person in tight jeans, belt buckle, and cowboy hat near a horse trailer - I don't see a southerner or cowboy quite as much as, "Money." Cowboy hats are expensive and most southerners I grew up around were working class or poorer.

But I hear ya.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Tom of Finland.

I would accept Tom Hardy as an answer.

Applesnots posted:

I just wear a old boonie hat tied up. I work outdoors all day, it keeps the sun off of my head. Think i postesed this pic in another thread and called it "Bibs, Bathrobes and Barely street legal.

I actually lied earlier. I found one other hat that fit my head when I was seventeen, only because I left the back unfastened.

This picture is literally twenty plus years old, so I could give a poo poo about posting it.

I've been called Captain for a while.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Captain Log posted:

If I see a person in tight jeans, belt buckle, and cowboy hat near a horse trailer - I don't see a southerner or cowboy quite as much as, "Money." Cowboy hats are expensive and most southerners I grew up around were working class or poorer.

But I hear ya.

Yes and no. Depends on where you are. I work with a lot of extremely wealthy landowners and broke cowboys and ranch managers. You can usually tell when someone gets paid to work for a living even when their wearing the same thing. Hell when I was getting paid to ride horses and manage 60+ horses I never wore a cowboy hat. Baseball hat, hippie hair, khakis, and cowboy boots. Cowboy hats come off at a full gallop without a stampede strap.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

We both like to hang out in public bathrooms?!

CBJamo posted:

The huge belt buckle, that I simply don't understand. They look dumb, and are super uncomfortable.

Rodeo trophy. And there are folks with strong opinions about someone wearing a buckle without having earned it.
My father had a bunch from his days doing the rodeo circuit, but they are keepsakes not accoutrements for him. He also kept his spurs.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Kazinsal posted:

Or Lemmy. RIP to the world's most humble alcoholic gambler rockstar.
Ahem.

Fearless posted:

The only man who could wear a hat like that and not look like a complete turd died on 28 December 2015.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

Yes and no. Depends on where you are. I work with a lot of extremely wealthy landowners and broke cowboys and ranch managers. You can usually tell when someone gets paid to work for a living even when their wearing the same thing. Hell when I was getting paid to ride horses and manage 60+ horses I never wore a cowboy hat. Baseball hat, hippie hair, khakis, and cowboy boots. Cowboy hats come off at a full gallop without a stampede strap.

I had a stampede strap before I left the shop with my Stetson, it is also nice to be able to pop the hat back when you donít need it.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I ain't never seen a motherfucker in cowboy poo poo with a speck of goddamn dirt on it. Get the gently caress outta here. You look like a conservative yuppie.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Whoops. Gomen nasai.

(holy poo poo itís been that long without Lemmy? dang.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Applesnots posted:

I just wear a old boonie hat tied up. I work outdoors all day, it keeps the sun off of my head. Think i postesed this pic in another thread and called it "Bibs, Bathrobes and Barely street legal.

Wait a second, did you ever go to that poo poo hole metal club The Next Generation around 99-02?