Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Box thread? Box thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

That is clearly a bag thread.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I miss box threads.

Y'all need to make more, then post in them more.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I just got a new handgun out to the range for the first time. I could probably do a box thread on it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I was going to get a Nerf revolver with a swing-out cylinder, but my son kept telling me they were toys for kids. I guess he won't allow it. So I went the BB gun route.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Oh yeah. Average new home these days will cost an extra $24k just to cover increased lumber costs

Most homes in Europe are made of cinderblocks and some kind of plaster. How do I go about building a home like that to reduce costs?

Fearless posted:

I just got a new handgun out to the range for the first time. I could probably do a box thread on it.

Make sure it's on beige carpet, and at least one of your hideous snaggle-feet are in frame.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

lite_sleepr posted:

Make sure it's on beige carpet, and at least one of your hideous snaggle-feet are in frame.

My best box thread accomplishment involved my feet. It was my levergun box thread. Sadly, only one person noticed.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

fatman1683 posted:

That is clearly a bag thread.

Captain Log posted:

I miss box threads.

Y'all need to make more, then post in them more.

Got a couple more in the pipe. One should be arriving today, actually.

Also I asked admins to rename the forum to Tuesday For Raul but I don't think they're going to agree to it.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Does it count as a box thread if you get all the parts in separate boxes and have to build it yourself?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Mambo No. 5 posted:

Does it count as a box thread if you get all the parts in separate boxes and have to build it yourself?

box thread.. boxes thread. *shrug*

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

lite_sleepr posted:

No can do! Our home is all hardwood and i never walk around barefoot.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fearless posted:

No can do! Our home is all hardwood and i never walk around barefoot.

MODS?!?! Ban this sick filth!

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

The eyelet snapped off my new boots. I didn't know you could do that. That hoopy thing you run the lay through, just, bam. Broke the gently caress off and I didn't even notice until I went to re-tie my shoes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The eyelet snapped off my new boots. I didn't know you could do that. That hoopy thing you run the lay through, just, bam. Broke the gently caress off and I didn't even notice until I went to re-tie my shoes.

Thatís always so annoying. The boots I have now have hooks for the upper part of the lace that seems like itís designed to just absolutely shred the gently caress out of laces. I keep having to replace them.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

See the scratches on the middle of the hood and up by the driver's side of the cowl? There are more scratches on the A-pillar on the same side. The big truck in front of me passed over a full sheet of drywall laying on the interstate, sucking it up into the air, where the wind caught it. 20mph gusts today. I was quite a ways back, too, and surrounded by traffic with nowhere to go. poo poo skipped of the hood, folded in half, missed the mirror, and the floppy bit came into the window to smack me right in the bicep. I had just enough time to lay down sideways on the seat lest it came through the windshield. Luckily for everyone else, it hit the road behind me still folded, splitting the lanes. I can't wait to see how bruised up my arm is tomorrow.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 2, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

madeintaipei posted:

See the scratches on the middle of the hood and up by the driver's side of the cowl? There are more scratches on the A-pillar on the same side. The big truck in front of me passed over a full sheet of drywall laying on the interstate, sucking it up into the air, where the wind caught it. 20mph gusts today. I was quite a ways back, too, and surrounded by traffic with nowhere to go. poo poo skipped of the hood, folded in half, missed the mirror, and the floppy bit came into the window to smack me right in the bicep. I had just enough time to lay down sideways on the seat lest it came through the windshield. Luckily for everyone else, it hit the road behind me still folded, splitting the lanes. I can't wait to see how bruised up my arm is tomorrow.

loving yikes. Glad you're ok. I once had to dodge a metal ladder in 70mph Los Angeles traffic when it came off the junk truck in front of me. I had to do a blind swerve into the next lane of take a ladder to the face. I swerved. Managed to miss everyone.

-------------

CONUNDRUM!!! My father just had twelve tooth extractions and it will be months before he has dentures. This means we have a freezer bursting with frozen treats.

Amazon Fresh has a better selection than the grocery store, so we ordered $90 in all frozen and refrigerated sweet poo poo to last my Dad awhile, with a fat tip for the driver.

We were the fifth stop. It's not very cold out. The bags? They didn't put them in the insulated pockets. Everything was pretty much mush when it got to us.

It's in the freezer and firming back up, so I don't think it's all ruined. But I've never had them skimp on the insulating bags. For what we paid, we expected that extra step.

What's the appropriate way to complain? If it wasn't the driver's fault, I don't want it blamed on him.

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Captain Log posted:

It's in the freezer and firming back up, so I don't think it's all ruined. But I've never had them skimp on the insulating bags. For what we paid, we expected that extra step.

What's the appropriate way to complain? If it wasn't the driver's fault, I don't want it blamed on him.

You can call Amazon on the phone (or have them call you) and talk to a human being to make sure your complaints are correctly understood.
Use the "contact us" form.

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

madeintaipei posted:

Holy poo poo, good job not getting Final Destination-ed.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

What's the appropriate way to complain?

Get a video made. Make sure you make this out to be roughly equivalent to 90 Holocausts. Find something about you or your dad that puts you in a disadvantaged group--I believe you have a chronic condition, right? So, they're doing this on purpose because they know you're disabled and they're tired of the ADA making their jobs harder. Show how pitiful your pops is without his choppers, and explain that you can take them discriminating against you--you've become used to that over the course of your life--but involving your dad is out-of-bounds. Find the personal phone number of that driver and anyone at Amazon you can doxxx, and get that poo poo into the video. Tweet it. Instagram it. Pinterest it. poo poo, post it on Usenet. Reddit. 4chan.

This is the Internet, dude, and this is the only way to complain. It must go viral. Someone must get cancelled.

Note that I'm just describing the baseline for complaining about things. If what happened was anything more serious than a minor inconvenience, then you might want to take my advice as a starting point and actually go a little over-the-top.

CEOs need to be fired.

but seriously, I'd contact Amazon, and let them know about the packaging. Emphasize that you know the driver isn't to blame. Beyond that... well, this is why I don't order cold stuff online. This right here. I know it works well for literally everyone else and that's all well and good, but grocery store visits are the only places I go some weeks. If I want some frozen carrot slices, I'll be damned if I'm having them delivered.

First Covid shot is in an hour. My pellet gun arrives tomorrow. And I got a notification that the label has been created for my 150 rounds of 38 special wadcutters (thanks, person who recommended Ammo Seek!). The only bad news I got today was that nobody rents drill presses, so I'm probably going to have to Harbor me up some Freight. But... it'll get used once in a while....

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I can't believe it! They shot me! They shot me right in the arm!

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Nestharken posted:

Holy poo poo, good job not getting Final Destination-ed.

This right here.

Got my box. The theme of the next box thread is "this machine killed fascists".

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Original!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

tarlibone posted:

I can't believe it! They shot me! They shot me right in the arm!

Rip.

E: Lately been watching people make dioramas and poo poo which is neat seeing how that poo poo gets made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OqLFCXz8U

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 3, 2021

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Look at my shoes.

I wore these things until they exploded. They're still pretty comfortable.

This is after a year and a half and change of being constantly wet, constantly splashed with bleach and hot-rear end water and more bleach. They did very, very well.

So I bought another pair of the same, because why wouldn't I? Oh, they didn't have the exact color, but-

Well, the material is a little different, but they're still comfortable. Aside from the laces being too thin they were pretty OK. Then at work, I noticed my shoe was a little loose. I thought, 'huh, must have come untied', bent down to tie them up and-

gently caress

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Yeah, one of the things shoe companies do especially in the past few years it seems is swap to cheaper materials and build quality without changing even the model number so that they can rake in a higher profit margin, I discovered that the same way with a set of shoes I wanted to get a copy of and the second set was garbage.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Man, I hate moving. I've spent the past week off and on looking for my nice set of screwdrivers and finally found them tonight tucked away in a random box. I really need to go balls deep into some unboxing and sorting this weekend.

And I mean that literally, I'm going to have crap piled around me up to my waist.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

My son, who is autistic, won't get a flu shot. Well, usually. It's a whole thing. But he was begging for the COVID-19 shot, because 1) he didn't want to get sick, and 2) he wants to see his aunt and uncle again.

(Digression: my brother and his wife were careful when the pandemic started. As careful as I was. But, after a visit to her parents, they ended up getting the virus. Now, they were not careful, and it's likely that they got it because they pretended it didn't exist. But, my sister-in-law decided that it must have been her and my brother who gave it to them, and they have been on 100% lock down since then. My son has been begging to see Aunt TarliSIL and Uncle TarliBro, and I know my brother would be cool with it because he did sneak over here once, but TarliSIL? Nope.)

He got the shot tonight, and me and my wife are both really proud of him, not only for getting it without a fight, but for asking for it. He works at Home Depot, the only company in town who would take a chance on an autistic kid, and he's won Employee of the Month a few times. Most shoppers there obey the rules about masks, but not all do because of course. So, I'm thankful that we got him in to get his first shot, and that he wanted it.

Also, I know there's some calls for boycotts of Home Depot because Georgia is a gently caress. But, Home Depot didn't write the law, and I can tell you from experience that they go way past the extra mile for their part-time employees. No, not living-wage, free healthcare. But, compared to most other part time employees, Home Depot employees have it fairly good, and again, they hired and have worked very hard for an autistic kid to have a chance. And I don't mean autistic as in "I didn't have many friends growing up and I'm a little weird, so I took a test and it says I might be on the spectrum" autistic, I mean verbal, mid-functioning autistic. He's popular there, and people come up to my wife and I and say that he works harder than some of the other workers. So... maybe don't cancel Home Depot.

I'm proud of my son. He's braver and smarter than literally every anti-vaxxer or COVID-denier.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

My best friend got her second vax yesterday and I'm guessing she didn't have COVID before because she's been feeling horrendous, and apparently the band-aid tore her skin or something so she thinks the nurse did something to her.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Getting my first one tomorrow.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Man, I hate moving. I've spent the past week off and on looking for my nice set of screwdrivers and finally found them tonight tucked away in a random box. I really need to go balls deep into some unboxing and sorting this weekend.

And I mean that literally, I'm going to have crap piled around me up to my waist.

Iím starting the process as my landlord wouldnít even come downstairs (I live in a basement suite) for six hours after I told him that the carpet in my hallway was being flooded from below the floorboards. Then he noticed his basement carpet was wet and one of the walls in his chunk of basement was wet and took care of it. That was yesterday. I have a carpet drying fan in my hallway but that wonít dry out the floorboards. This place is going to need to be ripped apart in a month and I want to be out before then.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

I think home depot more than a lot of stores is really made or broken by the manager(s). Im equidistant between two, both in similar communities, and one is clean, well stocked, organized, and just on the ball. The other one is disheveled, there's always holes in the stock where you gotta find a guy with the stairs to get something down, and its just not pleasant.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

tarlibone that's awesome, glad for you and your son. I have shopped at Lowe's once in the past 10 years after they hosed me over in a small way due to dumb store rules. Do all my shopping at the home depot. The GA new law poo poo is a gently caress but there's no ethical consumption under capitalism as the saying goes and a man has to do DIY home repairs somehow.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

It's nice that someone is a dad who's very supportive and loves his son. There should be more nice things like that in the world.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Yeah, I'm a proud daddy.

Also... some dude covered Angel Dust, mostly acoustically.

It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSdYJ60RNtu4dkD-Rl1kkarIccP9LATu5

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, I'm a proud daddy.

It's great.

Gonna have to listen to that on my drive home.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Got my second vax today, wahoo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Whine Time - I apologize in advance

Oregon is such a clusterfuck. How did the state do so well shutting down covid early, keeping itself in the bottom five states for fatalities, but make vaccination such a brick wall?

They are supposed to make special provisions for the elderly, healthcare workers, caretakers, and specifically people with mobility problems. That's literally what they have drive through vaccinations spots for - mobility challenged and their caretaker.

But every loving day, the websites just says, "LOL no availability today." It also doesn't help that Oregon's website tries to shuttle you to about four different websites, some requiring an account, to answer the question, "Can I get my vaccine?"

Might be driving a ways tomorrow with Pops if we luck out with a specific spot.

Side Note - I am being very selfish with any level of whining and appreciate people listening, as well as the helpful messages from locals. I don't have any real need for a vaccine and would genuinely prefer it go to those with a life first. But being on house arrest since February 2020 is making me a little stir-crazy.

I appreciate the company in the meantime, my friends.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I've been waiting on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzw6WpwYSv8

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

tarlibone posted:

It's great.

This is pretty neat but I really drives home how large a percentage of FNM's greatness is Mike Patton's otherworldly excellent voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I am being very selfish with any level of whining and appreciate people listening, as well as the helpful messages from locals. I don't have any real need for a vaccine

I don't think you're being selfish Log. You have as much need for a vax as anyone else, if not a bit more so. I'm not up on the latest, but maybe check the covid thread in gbs for tips for oregon? That thread has gotten a little more hopeful and a lot of posters have had good luck finding a spot to get jabbed.

AKZ fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 3, 2021