Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

infrared35 posted:

What I'm trying to do is set it up so my desktop PC can use my phone's data.

I think my method of wifi tethering will be quite applicable to you then, if you can find a cheap old S8 or something to try it out with. Downside of course is you won't get calls/SMS on your iPhone while your SIM is in another phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Dip Viscous posted:

That makes a bit of sense if even unlimited plans have all kinds of limits. (IDG why it can be called unlimited then, but I'm sure that's a huger can of worms.) I got into the whole smartphone thing pretty late and pay-as-you-go is all I've ever had.
This resulted in a FCC- Wait, sorry, FTC lawsuit:
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/11/att-pay-60-million-resolve-ftc-allegations-it-misled-consumers

With deprioritization it's "unlimited" in the sense that you will always have a data connection, it's just the high speed part is not unlimited. Imagine a restaurant offering unlimited beverage refills (yes, common thing in the US, but bear with me) and after the second refill you were limited to water (or depending on how many customers, you may or may not be limited to water).

2G sucks rear end though. A lot of the stuff I said in the previous post about them doing network provisioning and limits has shifted based off of how customers consume data afaik. Before streaming was ubiquitous it was all about torrenting movies/shows/games, which there would happen a lot more on PCs than on smartphones back then. As Streaming has become the big thing the mobile service providers have instead tackled it by constraining the quality of the video you can stream depending on your settings/plan. The other way to go was, at least for AT&T, consolidate their multiple businesses by having their media products not counting towards your monthly data cap and they'd making money on the back end but that ended since AT&T lost their bid at preliminary injunction against CA's net neutrality bill.

Mobile service providers will continue to adapt to minimize the amount of actual product consumed while retaining profitable customers. There are real concerns about managing these networks but also, especially in the case of AT&T, they're a bunch of greedy fucks that deserve no sympathy.
(Note: Still mad about US mobile service providers removing/disabling FM Radio chips in early smart phones so as to get more profit from data plans and downloading mp3s)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 29, 2021

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

BeAuMaN posted:

What's your data plan? One of the newer enhanced ones? Previous older ones? or one of the really old ones?
They unfortunately ended the ability to add hotspot lines like 2 years ago.

I'm probably right on that threshold somewhere. I got an XR and this new plan right when the 11s came out. December 2019, maybe?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

infrared35 posted:

I'm probably right on that threshold somewhere. I got an XR and this new plan right when the 11s came out. December 2019, maybe?
If it's unlimited post-paid (i.e. monthly bill, not prepaid), then you should have a mobile hotspot on your phone enabled, but it will have a different data cap then your standard unlimited plan. For instance, it might have a 22GB data cap, but then up to 10GB of that data on that line can be used as hotspot data.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

BeAuMaN posted:

If it's unlimited post-paid (i.e. monthly bill, not prepaid), then you should have a mobile hotspot on your phone enabled, but it will have a different data cap then your standard unlimited plan. For instance, it might have a 22GB data cap, but then up to 10GB of that data on that line can be used as hotspot data.

I tap on "Set Up Personal Hotspot" and it says it needs to be enabled on my account, and to visit the AT&T web site or call. I go to the web site and enter my login info, and it says the password is incorrect. I try a different password. Still nothing. I go to reset the password and it asks for my user ID. I type it in. "No user found." I try a different user ID. "No user found". I enter my phone number. "No user found". I hit "recover user ID" and it asks for my phone number. I type it in. "No matching account for that phone number."

I call, at 11:30pm, and they have it set up in five minutes.

I feel so old. Why can't poo poo just work the way it's supposed to?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

infrared35 posted:

I tap on "Set Up Personal Hotspot" and it says it needs to be enabled on my account, and to visit the AT&T web site or call. I go to the web site and enter my login info, and it says the password is incorrect. I try a different password. Still nothing. I go to reset the password and it asks for my user ID. I type it in. "No user found." I try a different user ID. "No user found". I enter my phone number. "No user found". I hit "recover user ID" and it asks for my phone number. I type it in. "No matching account for that phone number."

I call, at 11:30pm, and they have it set up in five minutes.

Yeah, so it's for free. And while you feel old, let me assure you that... Well yeah you're old, but it's not you. AT&Ts labyrinthine systems confuse even the most "online" users. It's just terrible. I assume you're using AT&T because they have a good connection in your neck of the woods as opposed to other mobile providers.

On att.com, login, it'll take you to account overview. Scroll down to My Services. Hit the Manage My Wireless button.

That should lead you to Plan Details. It should tell you under "My Plan" that you have Unlimited 4G (or 5G) LTE speed data, then it should tell you your data soft cap (like 22GB, or 40GB), and then it should tell you Mobile Hotspot along with the soft cap per device (like 10GB or 15GB).

Mobile Hotspot soft cap contributes towards your line's total data soft cap. You should also be receiving a discount from doing being a federal gov't agent. Depending on your setup you might be better off getting the newer enhanced plans but that may depend. Like the Elite plan will give you 100GB soft cap and 30GB hotspot, but these unlimited plans generally suck price wise if you're a single individual as opposed to a family of four.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

BeAuMaN posted:

On att.com, login, it'll take you to account overview...

...You should also be receiving a discount from doing being a federal gov't agent.

You lost me at "login".

I'm on AT&T partly for the coverage up here and partly because of Firstnet, which was affordable enough for me to ditch my trusty, rusty Tracfone. So even though the hotspot feature costs $10 extra a month, my bill is still going to be reasonable.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'll sidechat in PMs, though I'm assuming you have an online account to manage/pay your AT&T wireless account though; Also SA does have an AT&T megathread, though it's not -too- active.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3538927&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Comcast/Xfinity and AT&T have to be in a constant contest to see who is the absolute worst at everything.

I finally got to ditch AT&T...which means Comcast is my internet, home security, cell phone, and cable. (The cable TV is ungodly priced, too. But Pops loves live sports and is tech illiterate.)

At least all my eggs are in one horrible basket, rather than two.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Comcast got me 100mbps for $69 so they're alright in my book!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

Captain Log posted:

Comcast/Xfinity and AT&T have to be in a constant contest to see who is the absolute worst at everything.

I finally got to ditch AT&T...which means Comcast is my internet, home security, cell phone, and cable. (The cable TV is ungodly priced, too. But Pops loves live sports and is tech illiterate.)

Would Hulu Live or YouTube TV be cheaper than cable? Both those have live sports and the tech illiterate people I know use them fine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Would Hulu Live or YouTube TV be cheaper than cable? Both those have live sports and the tech illiterate people I know use them fine.

My Dad is one of those types who has to have the sports packages where he can flip between six or seven baseball games at a time.

Keep in mind, even with the instructions written down, he doesn't know how to even check in info on a cable listing. By pressing the info button. That I've showed him a million times.

(I literally think he has some sort of anxiety disorder when it comes to anything tech. He has always been like that, it isn't an age thing.)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

infrared35 posted:

I feel the exact same way.

Taking the time to make something work right is unprofitable, I guess.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

KozmoNaut posted:

I feel the exact same way.

Taking the time to make something work right is unprofitable, I guess.

Especially when you pay millions of dollars for “Customer Engagement Consultants” who justify their existence by saying, “See how it took them twelve clicks to get where they needed to go? That created twelve exponential click through opportunities with lateral suggestive marketing of targeted goods and services!”

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's bizarre to me that Google, of all companies, is the one that's least scummy about this. My data does get slower after 15 GB, but that's shown to me. Front and center, on a big meter, on the main page of my account info.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

My Dad is one of those types who has to have the sports packages where he can flip between six or seven baseball games at a time.

Keep in mind, even with the instructions written down, he doesn't know how to even check in info on a cable listing. By pressing the info button. That I've showed him a million times.

(I literally think he has some sort of anxiety disorder when it comes to anything tech. He has always been like that, it isn't an age thing.)

My mom was tech incompetent for much the same reason I think - she'd see a dialog box for "Task Complete" and ask if she should click "OK" - and I've succeeded in training it out of her. She's now more tech savvy than my dad who built a computer in the 80s but stagnated there.

How I did it was slow, tedious, and painful hand holding for both of us but paid off in the long run I think. Any time she had a tech question I basically coached her through my internal thought process. For example :

"It says Task Complete - should I click OK?"
"Well, what do you think? What is it telling you?"
"It's saying it's done... so I should click OK?"
"That sounds reasonable to me "
"Ok now a box opened what should I do?"
"Well, what is it telling you?"
"It says 'Select file' - which one do I pick?"
"Well, do you remember what you were trying to do?"
"I was making an album for my photos..."
"So what kind of file do you think I should pick?"
"You tell me "
"...my photos? Wait it said an error that was wrong"
Etc etc

Your entire purpose is to be a safety net for them to learn that it's ok to explore and mess up and recover. Starting out you'll have to spell everything out for them, but make them struggle a bit first. If they start getting frustrated you can coach them through the next step and explain your reasoning, but keep raising the bar of what they have to do first. The important thing is to always be upbeat and encouraging (no matter how dumb it seems to you) and emphasize that nobody is born knowing this stuff, it's only learned through trial and error and a willingness to make mistakes.

Just recently she diagnosed a connection issue with her home security system completely on her own. It's also made giving her tech support a LOT more tolerable because she can tell me what she's tried and I know it's not going to be something extremely simple any more so there's much less resentment on my part.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Log posted:

In my experience, Comcast has shittier customer service but much better actual service. With Xfinity I have one outage per month, overnight, when they repair the local system. It usually lasts 2-6 hours but that's it.

With ATT, I'd have multiple outages each month, sometimes lasting for days and I was never able to get a response as to what was wrong or when it would be fixed. I work from home, meaning if my internet is down, I can't work and I can't pay my bills. The last straw was about 5 years ago when I went something like 6 out of 8 days without service, and as usual, no end in sight. U-verse forcing you to use their lovely equipment was just the icing on the trash cake.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

BeAuMaN posted:

(Note: Still mad about US mobile service providers removing/disabling FM Radio chips in early smart phones so as to get more profit from data plans and downloading mp3s)

Hell if you want to use your phone to listen to radio that’s easily doable if you’ve got an android device with a $20 usb SDR stick and whatever free SDR app you like you can listen to FM radio, AM radio, police dispatch, whatever you like as long as you’ve got the antennas for it.

One of the briefs I used to give to the students my unit taught was to show these infantry officers how I could listen to different military radio systems using commercial equipment.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Internet Wizard posted:

Hell if you want to use your phone to listen to radio that’s easily doable if you’ve got an android device with a $20 usb SDR stick and whatever free SDR app you like you can listen to FM radio, AM radio, police dispatch, whatever you like as long as you’ve got the antennas for it.

One of the briefs I used to give to the students my unit taught was to show these infantry officers how I could listen to different military radio systems using commercial equipment.

Much to my displeasure, an increasing number of police departments are switching to encrypted radios. I have zero qualms about encrypting tactical channels, but when I was in grad school I could listen to the local PD dispatch and actually developed a bit more sympathy for the crazy poo poo they had to deal with. I'm currently in a small town in a rural area and everything's encrypted because that was something they could spend federal grants on or whatever.

But SDRs are cool and people should check them out. web-sdr.org will let you poke around at SDRs people set up online all over the world which is a zero-cost entry point.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cable comes down my road but stops two miles from my house because I guess. There's no change in customer density from where it stops, to my neighborhood and beyond.

All the local LE radio channels here are digital but not encrypted. I used to have a digital scanner but it was a massive pain in the rear end to program. Luckily I found an app that lets me listen to a live feed from someone else's scanner.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Action-Bastard posted:

Comcast got me 100mbps for $69 so they're alright in my book!

Nice.

I pay like 200 a month for a fiber optic line, cable TV with DVR, landline, etc. There isn't a lot of competition out here that isn't Comcast and I'd rather pay more to a local company than pay anything to Comcast, especially since I know I can just whine and complain at the local company and expect something to happen. If dad didn't like TV I'd just do away with everything but the fiber.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Hey Log, Parker is making modern production 51s again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fearless posted:

Hey Log, Parker is making modern production 51s again.

Wooo!!!

DarkHorse posted:

My mom was tech incompetent for much the same reason I think - she'd see a dialog box for "Task Complete" and ask if she should click "OK" - and I've succeeded in training it out of her. She's now more tech savvy than my dad who built a computer in the 80s but stagnated there.

How I did it was slow, tedious, and painful hand holding for both of us but paid off in the long run I think. Any time she had a tech question I basically coached her through my internal thought process. For example :

"It says Task Complete - should I click OK?"
"Well, what do you think? What is it telling you?"
"It's saying it's done... so I should click OK?"
"That sounds reasonable to me "
"Ok now a box opened what should I do?"
"Well, what is it telling you?"
"It says 'Select file' - which one do I pick?"
"Well, do you remember what you were trying to do?"
"I was making an album for my photos..."
"So what kind of file do you think I should pick?"
"You tell me "
"...my photos? Wait it said an error that was wrong"
Etc etc

Your entire purpose is to be a safety net for them to learn that it's ok to explore and mess up and recover. Starting out you'll have to spell everything out for them, but make them struggle a bit first. If they start getting frustrated you can coach them through the next step and explain your reasoning, but keep raising the bar of what they have to do first. The important thing is to always be upbeat and encouraging (no matter how dumb it seems to you) and emphasize that nobody is born knowing this stuff, it's only learned through trial and error and a willingness to make mistakes.

Just recently she diagnosed a connection issue with her home security system completely on her own. It's also made giving her tech support a LOT more tolerable because she can tell me what she's tried and I know it's not going to be something extremely simple any more so there's much less resentment on my part.

I managed to train four grandparents into being competent with computers. I was the Go To "Computer Guy" in the family, by virtue of not being scared of them.

Your approach is absolutely correct, but it doesn't work with Pops. He will literally shut down, just repeating "I don't know..." until anger sets it. It's 100% an anxiety thing that I'm not trained to fix.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

'cause he's Cap'n Log
Your family's computer guy!

Anyone else watch Kentucky Ballistics? It's one of the funner YouTube channels out there. Dude likes guns and shoots stuff. You had me at "guns."

Anyway, over the last several months, Kentucky Ballistics (I think that's his name?) has occasionally been shooting big, hard stuff with 50 caliber SLAP rounds. These are rare, expensive rounds that are no longer manufactured, and while he assumes that they're just surplus, it's hard telling if anyone has reloaded or otherwise messed with them. ("Anyone" includes but is not limited to Father Thyme.) Back on April 9th, he was doing his thing, and then, well, the title of the video says it all: his 50 cal exploded.

Just... holy freaking cow.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Waiting for his chance

"You can't tourniquet a neck." I guess someone's never read Larry Niven.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tarlibone posted:

'cause he's Cap'n Log
Your family's computer guy!

Anyone else watch Kentucky Ballistics? It's one of the funner YouTube channels out there. Dude likes guns and shoots stuff. You had me at "guns."

Anyway, over the last several months, Kentucky Ballistics (I think that's his name?) has occasionally been shooting big, hard stuff with 50 caliber SLAP rounds. These are rare, expensive rounds that are no longer manufactured, and while he assumes that they're just surplus, it's hard telling if anyone has reloaded or otherwise messed with them. ("Anyone" includes but is not limited to Father Thyme.) Back on April 9th, he was doing his thing, and then, well, the title of the video says it all: his 50 cal exploded.

Just... holy freaking cow.

Holy gently caress. Broken orbital socket, broken finger, punctured lung, and a lacerated jugular vein!

The video doesn't show anything graphic. The scars are knarly though.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

In regards to the tethering your phone to your pc. I use a app called pdanet+ you can find it on the app store for free, and you have to downloads a program to get the thing to sync. It has all kinds of options including wifi (which is slow as gently caress, but you can run netflix off of it, and you can even hide the fact that you are tethering. I have been using it for months and I am terminally online. It is easy though, Plug you phone into your computer, open the app and select usb tethering, give it a second and then run the program on your pc and bam, high speed internet.

http://pdanet.co/
http://pdanet.co/install/

Its free, but unless you pay the ten bux for the program it resets it self every few hours. but you just gotta go into the app and click the check box to turn it back on . I havent paid for it after months, not really a biggie.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

madeintaipei posted:

Holy gently caress. Broken orbital socket, broken finger, punctured lung, and a lacerated jugular vein!

The video doesn't show anything graphic. The scars are knarly though.

Hot drat. Reinforces my decision to sell my BOHICA years ago. I blasted a few rounds out of it and realized owning a .50 is like owning a boat, except a boat is less likely to blow up and kill me.

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Akion posted:

Hot drat. Reinforces my decision to sell my BOHICA years ago.

Weren't BOHICAs considered especially kaboom-prone to begin with, too?

Yond Cassius fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 29, 2021

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Probably. It's some random Russian dude's problem now. That was one of the strangest private sales I've ever done but his money spent and he had a CCW. He didn't want any of the extras, just the gun and ammo. The drag bag lives with Moosepoop in Sweden now.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

The air filter came. The cat for whom I bought it is pictured above.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Mystery Time!

While going through my deceased uncle's stuff, I find an old lighter -

It's heavy and made of brass. It still sparks, actually. It's clearly something my grandmother gave him, because she was way into anything related to British Militaria. She was a walking encyclopedia of different regimental crests.

Anyone have any idea how I could find more information about this? If you type in "Old Lighter" or anything vaguely similar, the google results are overwhelmed with USMCGrandpapZippo1952 posting about his collection of Vintage 00's Budweiser Lighter Collection. It's stumped my Googling so far.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Grew up in an antique store, but doesnt post a pic of the bottom and any maker's marks...

Tisk tisk.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

We both like to hang out in public bathrooms?!

Captain Log posted:

Mystery Time!

While going through my deceased uncle's stuff, I find an old lighter -

It's heavy and made of brass. It still sparks, actually. It's clearly something my grandmother gave him, because she was way into anything related to British Militaria. She was a walking encyclopedia of different regimental crests.

Anyone have any idea how I could find more information about this? If you type in "Old Lighter" or anything vaguely similar, the google results are overwhelmed with USMCGrandpapZippo1952 posting about his collection of Vintage 00's Budweiser Lighter Collection. It's stumped my Googling so far.

See that script under the sphinx? that says "Egypt", which is the big give away. It's the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment.
The lion with fasces however, I'm not sure of.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

stealie72 posted:

Grew up in an antique store, but doesnt post a pic of the bottom and any maker's marks...

Tisk tisk.

There aren’t any, which is typical for brass.

kupachek posted:

See that script under the sphinx? that says "Egypt", which is the big give away. It's the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment.
The lion with fasces however, I'm not sure of.

I saw that Egypt script, but didn’t have much luck finding a regiment. Thank you very much.

The militaria was something my grandmother just knew, somehow. I never had and books to purloin and devour as a child.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

Captain Log posted:

I saw that Egypt script, but didn’t have much luck finding a regiment. Thank you very much.

The militaria was something my grandmother just knew, somehow. I never had and books to purloin and devour as a child.

Well, she probably handled intact regimental capbadges and such, which makes it a lot easier. That one is missing the bottom rocker with the regimental name.
You handle enough of them with a frame of reference, you get good at ID'ing them pretty quickly. Plus some folks just have the knack when it comes to memory.

I'll take a look through a couple of my books tomorrow or the day after to see if I can match the lion.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Captain Log posted:

I figured as much but couldn't miss the opportunity to gently caress with you.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

kupachek posted:

Well, she probably handled intact regimental capbadges and such, which makes it a lot easier. That one is missing the bottom rocker with the regimental name.
You handle enough of them with a frame of reference, you get good at ID'ing them pretty quickly. Plus some folks just have the knack when it comes to memory.

I'll take a look through a couple of my books tomorrow or the day after to see if I can match the lion.

You are the man.

I also figure if I could figure out the type of lighter, I could figure out when it was made. That would narrow down which regiments were where in certain time frames.

stealie72 posted:

I figured as much but couldn't miss the opportunity to gently caress with you.

I will wrestle you right now, young man.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

Your approach is absolutely correct, but it doesn't work with Pops. He will literally shut down, just repeating "I don't know..." until anger sets it. It's 100% an anxiety thing that I'm not trained to fix.

I suggest a doctor and medication then. Lexapro did wonders for my anxiety and making me a semi-functioning human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

Captain Log posted:

You are the man.

I also figure if I could figure out the type of lighter, I could figure out when it was made. That would narrow down which regiments were where in certain time frames.

I will wrestle you right now, young man.

It's a fairly generic kerosene lighter to me, there are god knows how many variations of the basic type. I used to collect them when I was a kid, buying them and reselling them to folks who wanted something a little fancier. I used to have a some of the fuckoff huge tabletop lighters as well. The self extinguishing ones were preferred by the buyers, but the engraved silver ones always sold the fastest.

Can you take a headon shot of the lion on fasces? it looks like there are a pair of Alisee crosses on the collar, but the photos don't show the detail well.

As for where the regiments were, your current time-frame is napoleonic era (when they were granted the right to wear the sphinx) through to the second world war, which narrows things down a little.
I'd think that comparing the cap bages for detail changes would be a good starting point to narrow it down a little.
They fought in egypt, the peninsula war, and onwards.

worth mentioning is that was likely made post service as a memento.

edit; to be honest, I suspect that the lion crest is Napoleonic itself, between the use of the Fasces (a link to Rome) and the Alisee. So, that really would narrow down your search window/

kupachek fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 30, 2021