Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

My son and I both got shot #2 yesterday.

Me: my arm is a little sore at the injection site. My head hurts a little, but I had some drinks last night.

My son: low-grade fever, fatigue, aching. Had to call off work.

Little T could use some thoughts and prayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Me: my arm is a little sore at the injection site. My head hurts a little, but I had some drinks last night.

The second one is supposed to hit harder. Gatorade and sleep.

You could get your wife to randomly punch you in the other arm just to take your mind off it, Major Payne style.

Huh, I never got a flu shot this year. Weird, not weird, not normal, normal. How does this work now?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

madeintaipei posted:

You could get your wife to randomly punch you in the other arm just to take your mind off it, Major Payne style.

Huh, I never got a flu shot this year. Weird, not weird, not normal, normal. How does this work now?

Major Payne... I bet that aged poorly, but I remember enjoying it. "There's a monster in my closet!" (Payne dumps a mag into the closet) "There. If he's still in there, he ain't happy!"

Also, the deliberate, enunciated "Bleat-bleat-bleat, what are you laughing at, Pig-Boy?"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Major Payne... I bet that aged poorly, but I remember enjoying it. "There's a monster in my closet!" (Payne dumps a mag into the closet) "There. If he's still in there, he ain't happy!"

Also, the deliberate, enunciated "Bleat-bleat-bleat, what are you laughing at, Pig-Boy?"

In Living Color probably hasn't aged well either. Still funny. "No thanks. I brought my own facilities!"
"Two dollars?! How 'bout I give you 50 cents and you let me suck the bubbles off the top?"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

infrared35 posted:

If it's not claimed in a day or two, I'll take it! I'm doing way more traveling on my own dime now.

Iíll send you a PM when my diamond status hits, the two nights I need to get there didnít show up so I had to submit a missing stay request.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Any TFR goons have any use for a free gold membership with Hilton? My work travel has me hitting Diamond with them next week and that means I can give someone the gold tier for free. No one I know IRL has any use for it so I figure Iíd poke my head in here.

I left it for a day but I'm a silver member that could use gold this year with work and other travel pending. If someone can do something more wholesome and in the spirit of the offer please don't mind me but if nobody has asked I can use it.

Edit: That's what I get for old page reading, if gramps can use it we all win.

madeintaipei posted:

We had two of six of the office folks that ran mild fevers, sweats, etc. All Pfizer. My wife had Moderna and the second one put her on her butt pretty well and she's no pushover. ~102 degree fever, fatigue, general malaise. I was surprised with both shots how sore it made both our arms considering the size of the injection. There's no pattern to it, seems.

mischief fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 1, 2021

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

We both like to hang out in public bathrooms?!

mischief posted:

I left it for a day but I'm a silver member that could use gold this year with work and other travel pending. If someone can do something more wholesome and in the spirit of the offer please don't mind me but if nobody has asked I can use it.

Edit: That's what I get for old page reading, if gramps can use it we all win.

Just gonna have to have a KYcosmoline wrasslin match between you two to see who qualifies.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

My body is ready.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ugly In The Morning posted:

With ammo availability being what it is I never get to shoot the things so I clean them just so I have something to do with them sometimes. I love fiddly mechanical stuff. It would just be nice if I ever had the chance to get them dirty.

I looked at 5.56 and saw it would take like $800 to get any kind of respectable stockpile for range trips which made me immediately do a 360 and just go down a Wikipedia click journey that led me to learn that not only is there an Indian movie based in Detroit, there are multiple Indian movies based in Detroit.

Maybe I'll grab a .22 upper or one of those conversion kits finally because I can't waste precious ammo, this stuff will be like gold in 2033.

tarlibone posted:

Shot 1 put me down for a few days with fever and just general malaise, shot 2 was weird with that first day being fever and massive headache that I spent most of sleeping through, then weakness and headache, and now any time the phone rings I can feel it in my arm for some reason.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 1, 2021

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Not sure where else to share this but I'm noticing the forums load incredibly fast lately. Restarted my browser and all my SA tabs loaded instantly. Whatever Jeff and the crew are doing its great.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Not sure where else to share this but I'm noticing the forums load incredibly fast lately. Restarted my browser and all my SA tabs loaded instantly. Whatever Jeff and the crew are doing its great.

You could post it in QCS or whatever it's called. I mean, how long has it been since you were called a pederast?

I was noticing some slowdown earlier, but it looks all resolved.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Anyone want to kick off May Chat? If not, I'll do a thread later.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The actually useful part of QCS has been spun off into "Technical Enquiries Contemplated Here". QCS itself is now just a containment zone that leaks too much.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Somebody Awful posted:

Anyone want to kick off May Chat? If not, I'll do a thread later.

I gotcha,

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966617

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Thanks!