Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

One of my big toes got so jacked up when I was a kid from not being able to get shoes wide enough to fit that it started growing multiple toenails. Liked, stacked on top of each other. Mom finally relented and took me to the doctor to get it burned out when it started randomly squirting pus as I walked.

Oddly, it never became very painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Yond Cassius posted:

I remember a company back in the 90s that was buying up milsurp rifles overseas, doing the receiver welds to make them "not a gun anymore", and then wiring them up to be floor lamps.

Please tell me they were at least mosins.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Alright, I looked closer at the silver website.

Where have I seen that "World" coin on the far right before? Let me look at my desk.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Dude has selected Morgans (which I collect) and Moroccan coins (of which I obsess) to turn into cutesy jewelry.

He is also charging $300 and up for the Morgan rings. That's just about ten plus times the value of the silver.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Shima Honnou posted:

When I was a kid having to wear shoes that didn't fit caused my big toes to always have recurring ingrown nails that just sliced through the skin and usually caused some pretty gnarly infections, what I'd do is pry the nail up and out of there with like a knife as needed and manually remove the infected flesh via home surgery. Honestly you can deal with juicy infected skin with your nails, it's not that hard to get through but man it stings. A few times I was taken in to have them cut away but they always came back, I learned to use scissors by watching them do it and started doing that on my own every couple months, just gotta get the scissors in there, cut, and pull hard with some hemostatic pliers. Burns like a fucker but relief is immediate.

Eventually when I was like idk 23 or something I had enough money to get that chemically fixed by a foot doctor burning away the nail-spawners with acid on bamboo sticks. And that's what it's like to grow up poor and without healthcare lol

Exact same thing, once had someone rip it out by the root. And I I had little brother that love to stomp on the just to see me in pain and bleeding. I wear boots now because of the trauma.

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Captain Log posted:

Please tell me they were at least mosins.

Sadly they were all kinds of things. Mosin lamps were the cheapest of course but I also distinctly remember Enfield lamps and SKS lamps. I don't remember if there was a Carcano lamp, because I wasn't very sophisticated at the time, but I want to say the only conspicuous absences were Mausers and Garands because those were too expensive even then. I suspect the company really just bought crates of whatever they could find that "looked about right", had someone weld them up, and dealt with the marketing and details later.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I contemplated making a goonlord lamp out of an airsoft 91/30, then I found out they cost more than real Mosins at the time, and well, the end result is that I don't own the dumbest fuckin' lamp ever.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Somebody Awful posted:

Pfizer. Back for round two in a month or so!

Wife and I got our second round of Pfizer two weeks ago. First jab, I got a headache later that day but was otherwise fine. Second jab I was fine that day, but had a fever and some gnarly chills that night. Some advil cleared that up, but I felt kinda shifty the next day. Nothing specific, just kind of a general meh feeling.

Happy to see more goons getting the stick!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Yond Cassius posted:

Sadly they were all kinds of things. Mosin lamps were the cheapest of course but I also distinctly remember Enfield lamps and SKS lamps. I don't remember if there was a Carcano lamp, because I wasn't very sophisticated at the time, but I want to say the only conspicuous absences were Mausers and Garands because those were too expensive even then. I suspect the company really just bought crates of whatever they could find that "looked about right", had someone weld them up, and dealt with the marketing and details later.

This is the most "Coastal White Liberal" thing I've ever seen.

A project that takes guns and turns them into really lovely gardening tools. Because that's what a kid stuck in inner city poverty needs - a rusty spade.

https://rawtools.org

Here are two of their "Vine to Fig" initiatives!

- Resilience Yoga
- Community gardening as a response to trauma Anatoth Community Garden (North Carolina)

Ahhhh, that's what trauma victims have needed all along! loving YOGA and a garden!

Edit - Pictured under their "War No More" Initiative! Look at what they chopped!

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Faith leaders in my area fly dominionist flags and are not at all shy about expressing their thoughts on queer people in public.

But yeah I guess we should just dismantle guns because The Feels or whatever the gently caress.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

This is the most "Coastal White Liberal" thing I've ever seen.

A project that takes guns and turns them into really lovely gardening tools. Because that's what a kid stuck in inner city poverty needs - a rusty spade.

https://rawtools.org

Here are two of their "Vine to Fig" initiatives!

- Resilience Yoga
- Community gardening as a response to trauma Anatoth Community Garden (North Carolina)

Ahhhh, that's what trauma victims have needed all along! loving YOGA and a garden!

Edit - Pictured under their "War No More" Initiative! Look at what they chopped!

As a S&W 22A -1 owner, nothing of value was lost.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Captain Log posted:

A project that takes guns and turns them into really lovely gardening tools.
But will someone then take their lovely gardening tools and make it into a shovel ak?
Swords into ploughshares into swords again.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Captain Log posted:

Alright, I looked closer at the silver website.

Where have I seen that "World" coin on the far right before? Let me look at my desk.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Dude has selected Morgans (which I collect) and Moroccan coins (of which I obsess) to turn into cutesy jewelry.

He is also charging $300 and up for the Morgan rings. That's just about ten plus times the value of the silver.

Don't get into proper Middle Eastern coinage because it's actually a pretty common thing to turn coins into jewelry and you'll find a lot of Muslim women especially wearing or owning them. One of my friends just got two Lebanese piastres converted to necklaces for herself, one that was flattened and turned into a map of Lebanon and the other just on its own on a chain.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shima Honnou posted:

Don't get into proper Middle Eastern coinage because it's actually a pretty common thing to turn coins into jewelry and you'll find a lot of Muslim women especially wearing or owning them. One of my friends just got two Lebanese piastres converted to necklaces for herself, one that was flattened and turned into a map of Lebanon and the other just on its own on a chain.

Iíve run into that quite a bit. Lots of coins that have been ďholedĒ for necklaces and the like. Some coins are so common itís hard to mind. But some dude selling a very limited supply coin, ruined, for ten times the normal value hurts the cockles of my collector heart.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Scored some 38 special and 357 mag for the "amazing" price of less than a dollar per round. I haven't had factory 38s in a while, now if everything pans out, I'll be a twohundredfiftyaire.

I am now noticing that a bunch more online stores have changed their policies from "LOL Illinois no ammo for U" to "Hey, email us your FOID or CCL, it's all cool."

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Anyone familiar with Appleseed, is a Proctor-style sling an acceptable substitute?

They strongly recommend a GI sling but I figure any sling meant for firearm use is probably ok

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Critical hit!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

That's how cool toys stop getting made.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

Nipponophile posted:

That's how cool toys stop getting made.

One of my favorite Onion articles

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Let's see here...

quote:

"The tragedy is inconceivable," Wizco president Alvin Cassidy said. "For years, countless children played with the Aqua Assault RoboFighter without incident. But then these three retards come along and somehow find a way to get themselves killed. So now we have to do a full recall and halt production on what was a really awesome toy. What a waste."

Yeah, that aged well.

Fun fact: that wasn't all that cool in the year 2000, when this was written. Way to be edgy, Onion. I guess it's better than using the n-word because special needs people are way less likely to find out about this and complain?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

Let's see here...

Yeah, that aged well.

Fun fact: that wasn't all that cool in the year 2000, when this was written. Way to be edgy, Onion. I guess it's better than using the n-word because special needs people are way less likely to find out about this and complain?

Oof, forgot about that part, just remembered the bit about the kid shooting the dart up his nose. And the excellent headline.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Captain Log posted:

Iíve run into that quite a bit. Lots of coins that have been ďholedĒ for necklaces and the like. Some coins are so common itís hard to mind. But some dude selling a very limited supply coin, ruined, for ten times the normal value hurts the cockles of my collector heart.
Ah, like sporterizing an M1 Garand currently?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The original Boba Fett action figure was supposed to have the missile on his back launch with a spring, but then some kid playing with a Battlestar Galactica fighter shot a spring-launched missile in his throat and choked to death, so they had to redesign.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

The original Boba Fett action figure was supposed to have the missile on his back launch with a spring, but then some kid playing with a Battlestar Galactica fighter shot a spring-launched missile in his throat and choked to death, so they had to redesign.

Apparently one went to auction for $500k back in 2019.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/25/boba-fett-star-wars-action-figure-missile-rare/

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The last company making real lawn darts, Crown Darts UK, had to recall them last year.

(They actually are pretty fuckin' dangerous.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

There are supposedly four, but more conservative estimates say two.

They are action figure Bigfoot.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dip Viscous posted:

The last company making real lawn darts, Crown Darts UK, had to recall them last year.

(They actually are pretty fuckin' dangerous.)

There was a really prolonged legal battle between the Federal Government and Zen Magnets out here in CO.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

If you like toys I have good news for you tomorrow.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

If you like toys I have good news for you tomorrow.

Will these toys make clacky clacky sounds and do math?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Math sold separately.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I can't believe Shima is casting lawn darts.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gluing feathers to D4s

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shima Honnou posted:

Gluing feathers to D4s

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Rounded out my Easter Sunday by rewatching Street Fighter, because Jesus isn't the only one who came back from the dead.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Somebody Awful posted:

Rounded out my Easter Sunday by rewatching Street Fighter, because Jesus isn't the only one who came back from the dead.

Do a double feature with Mortal Kombat. I went to Alamo for that a while back and it was awesome. Iím sure the at home version is still pretty fun.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I want to sleep like that

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

Just putting this out there: there is an animal rescue farm in Tuscany that fell into such dire straits that there is only one full-time person to take care of 400 animals. They're desperately trying to take care of and re-home the animals before the state comes in and confiscates them. They're mostly edible animals, so you can guess what'll happen there. Alternately, any Europeans want goats, sheep, cows, or horses?

Dammit, you dumb motherfucker. Copy/pasted from another conversation and I forgot the link: Oasi Leonardo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Found 12 gauge ammo at Dickís for the first time in months.

For 8 dollars a round.

Could load up my DP-12 once for 128 bucks at those prices.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Ammo ever going to get normal again or is it just going to be like that forever?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

I imagine we'll never see prices go down to what they were, but hopefully they'll eventually come down, at least somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Jesus Christ, I hope it doesn't stay up forever. Otherwise going to the range is going to be even worse for people on limited income. That's bad for the entire hobby.