Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

There's one very specific spot just above my eyebrow, a spot the size of a fingertip, that's been tingling on and off for no apparent reason.

According to WebMD, this means I am going to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

tarlibone posted:

Well, when you were in the Orbit Room watching drat kids swing around man-parts, I was with a Nikkie Van Lierop sex doll in diapers.

H-hot?

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

There's one very specific spot just above my eyebrow, a spot the size of a fingertip, that's been tingling on and off for no apparent reason.

Sinus infection. Or tumor. Flip of the coin, really. I guess it could be an alien implant but those are out of fashion these days.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Don't worry. I've got like 25% of my entire surface area either numb or tingly or alternating between them and I'm not dead yet!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hayden posted:

Any Goon recommendations on a model or a shop to check out? Or am I looking for a unicorn here?

Given the TV you already have I would personally rather upgrade the screen to a true OLED before going up in size. I have an LG C8 but the newest LG CX line seems to be well reviewed and has plenty of HDMI ports for you. To get 65" in your budget you might have to shop around on sales. I would check out Costco in person and see what they have going on, their website prices include "free" shipping so in store prices can be hundreds cheaper depending. With the costco money back you'll at bare minimum pay for the membership buying the TV and when I got mine they had a $100 discount if you bought the $99 extended protection plan

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

tarlibone posted:

I would advise against a huge TV in the bedroom.

Any TV in the bedroom, really. We all probably look at too many screens in our lives already.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Any TV in the bedroom, really. We all probably look at too many screens in our lives already.

Nah, go ahead and put the TV in the bedroom. Just move your bed to the closet. Frees up a lot of space that way.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

CainFortea posted:

Don't worry. I've got like 25% of my entire surface area either numb or tingly or alternating between them and I'm not dead yet!

Please don't have a stroke.

Tyro posted:

Just a couple weeks ago I had the fun of introducing that album to a friend who had never heard of LoA!

They turned all grungy in the mid-90s, but those albums were the "Marilyn Manson Controversial" level things of the techno community. So of course I had those albums.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I installed the Rubbermaid FastTrack system in my garage. Two lengths: 84" and 48". I bought some stuff to hang on the rails, and stuff's hanging. ISince I also have a couple sheets of drywall (plus lots of scraps, and yes, I save them--it saved my rear end in the basement!) and some plywood up against the wall anyway, hanging anything else on that wall is a non-starter. I got some shelves for the shorter track, and they're up and they're cool.

Toolbox is organized and de-cluttered. Access hole in the kitchen wall by the back door is not only repaired, but I took a bit of paint off the wall and had Home Depot magic me up a quart of paint-primer. Just about to hit the second coat now, and I have enough left over to do some other touch-ups in the kitchen. Paint matching is amazing.

Ceiling downstairs is repaired, and we have (should have) enough ceiling eggshell texture to make it presentable. I will need to sand it a little just to knock down the worst of the ridges, but the texture should hide 95% of that. If you've ever patched textured drywall before, you know that perfectly blending into surrounding texture is not usually possible. You just gotta make it so you have to stare at it to notice the imperfections.

I got quite a bit done this week, and it's only Thursday. Getting more ammo delivered tomorrow--Norma 38 special and 357 magnum, 158 grain FMJ (that's not uncommon in 357, but usually in 38 you see something more like 125-135 grain).

I haven't stopped doing crap around the house this week, which is ostensibly my week off. But I gotta tell ya, I feel really good. It's amazing how these little projects eat at your peace of mind without you even realizing it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Crime Question -

All my neighbors are really unsettled by the unwell person who broke into patios and started obsessively rearranging furniture in our condo complex, along with how it took four police visits for him to get arrested.

Is there a way to check police records and see what happened? People want to be on the look out for this guy, but right now nobody knows how to find anything out.

I really don't want this person, or my neighbors, to get hurt. But when a person is having such bad breaks with reality they seem to be thinking a random patio is theirs, I could see something awful happening. I don't want one of my elderly neighbors to get shanked, let alone my own household.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Crime Question -

All my neighbors are really unsettled by the unwell person who broke into patios and started obsessively rearranging furniture in our condo complex, along with how it took four police visits for him to get arrested.

Is there a way to check police records and see what happened? People want to be on the look out for this guy, but right now nobody knows how to find anything out.

I really don't want this person, or my neighbors, to get hurt. But when a person is having such bad breaks with reality they seem to be thinking a random patio is theirs, I could see something awful happening. I don't want one of my elderly neighbors to get shanked, let alone my own household.

If you have his name you can do a ODoJ Smart Search to find the case and track it that way. That's how we found the guy I replaced was picked up for raping his grand daughter.

But that's only really going to help if you know his name and if he's actually getting a court date for it.

The other option is to check if maybe the police unit that showed up has a blotter that publishes all calls. Not all of them do.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Captain Log posted:

Crime Question -

FOIA calls for service at your complex address from the agency that responded (sheriff, local police, state police, whoever). Once you ID the incident in question then request a copy of the incident report and narrative (if there even is one). Some jurisdictions have online crime mapping and incident tracking available already, which would make step 1 irrelevant.

Edit- Portland PD publishes some stripped down CAD data which has a run report with incident number, neighborhood and some other info including lat/long. You might be able to find the incident number in there, assuming there are few other incidents in your area. Otherwise FOIA for the specific address/block/intersection on that date would probably be easiest.

edit2 - you can plot the GPS data in something like QGIS to narrow in on your neighborhood:

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 8, 2021

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Captain Log posted:

Crime Question -

Not nearly as clever or detailed as the other replies, but if this person was arrested some areas will provide details weekly to local newspapers and/or have info on the local jail's site.

When I was teaching in grad school, I spotted some former students, former colleagues, and former classmates that way.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

TCD posted:

Haha my first boss introduced me to them back in 2000. Good times

Lords of Acid, D&D, fishbowl work environment...the foreign service is kind of like high school.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

charliebravo77 posted:

FOIA calls for service at your complex address from the agency that responded (sheriff, local police, state police, whoever). Once you ID the incident in question then request a copy of the incident report and narrative (if there even is one). Some jurisdictions have online crime mapping and incident tracking available already, which would make step 1 irrelevant.

Edit- Portland PD publishes some stripped down CAD data which has a run report with incident number, neighborhood and some other info including lat/long. You might be able to find the incident number in there, assuming there are few other incidents in your area. Otherwise FOIA for the specific address/block/intersection on that date would probably be easiest.

edit2 - you can plot the GPS data in something like QGIS to narrow in on your neighborhood:

You folks are amazing! Thanks so much!

I found a number related to the incident on Portland PDís Twitter of all places, related to a 911 call log to our address. Is that long rear end number going to help?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Hayden posted:

Anyone buy a TV recently? I could use some pointers.

The wife has decided she wants to upgrade our bedroom TV, a 27" 720p Sony I bought as a birthday gift to myself ~12ish years ago.

I have tentatively convinced her that we should get a bigger TV for the living room, and move our 2 year old 55" into the bedroom. The TV we currently have is nice, 4k smart TV with 120hz refresh rate. It's a solid TV with good picture, only complaint is it's a little slow changing apps.

I'm looking to get either a 65" or 70" with at least the same picture quality, and 3 hmdi ports. I'm trying to keep it around a grand, but I can go a few hundred higher if I need to, $1500 probably being the absolute top end. I don't really care what brand I end up with, as long as it's a reputable, non-trash tier tv.

I did some initial browsing yesterday, but wasn't really seeing anything great. I looked at Target, because the wife had a coupon, but unsurprisingly they were all lower end 60hz models with only 1 or 2 HDMI ports. I also started looking a little at Sam's Club, since we have a membership, but their website doesn't show specs and I got tired of finding a tv that looked promising, then opening another tab to look up specs and find it didn't meet my criteria.

Any Goon recommendations on a model or a shop to check out? Or am I looking for a unicorn here?

*Edit* Our bedroom doubles as my wife's home office, and is actually where she does most of her TV watching. We always turn it off for actual bed time, rather than trying to fall asleep with it on.

Also, our living room is kind of comically large, so the 55" looks kind of tiny and leaves a ton of bare wall around it, hence wanting to go up a size class
What HappyCapybaraFamily said:

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

When I decided on my 55" Samsung Q80T a few months ago, I read the RTINGS list of best TVs in that size. Here's their Best 65" 4K TVs list, which links to their very in-depth reviews of each TV. Their overall best choice is $2000, though, but the others on the list might check all your boxes, too.

But also check Slickdeals for TVs; I'd do comparisons on price histories and stuff after looking on RTINGs for the TV you want.
https://slickdeals.net/tv-deals/
I can't really give much more advice as I often rely on RTINGs for TV data and then just try to look at how much the TV has sold for in the past; so I might do a search of that model or TV series on Slickdeals. You can also look on https://www.camelcamelcamel.com to see what the price history is for that model on Amazon.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 9, 2021

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I got our last two TVs on greentoe.com and saved a good chunk.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Tyro posted:

Lords of Acid, D&D, fishbowl work environment...the foreign service is kind of like high school.

Overseas is for sure.

Domestic near the flag pole is a different beast.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Tyro posted:

Show me your pussy, show it to me.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

How does one get/make an avatar? Iíve been lurking on this drat site for almost twenty years, I need an AV! Iíll reward whoever helps to make this happen with a story involving myself, LofA roadies and Sean Yseult (sp?) from White Zombie. It is perhaps the most early Ď90ís story ever told but Iím not sharing it publicly. Please chat thread, youíre my only hope.

This story actually takes place in 1996. Donít want to mislead anyone. Also, is cyranno ever coming back?

Bulgaroctonus fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 9, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

lite_sleepr posted:

Show me your pussy, show it to me.

Post + AV Combo, I'll tell you w'hat.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

A nice man shoved a Johnson in me today. Was mildly painful and left me slightly dizzy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GOT POPS AND I A VACCINE 1ST DOSE TOMORROW!!! CHOO CHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

I was fuckng desperate to get it scheduled before April 16th when it opens to everyone. Read an article today saying they expect vaccine availability to drop by 84% when the flood gates open.

https://i.imgur.com/gwKfLWH.mp4

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

A notice for a vaccination clinic near me went out today... an hour after I went to bed, for a clinic that was two hours later and lasted four hours.

I'm online and F5ing the Public Health Department constantly and I still can't find out about these things in time, how do they expect normal people to get a shot?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Bulgaroctonus posted:

How does one get/make an avatar?

You find or make a suitable image (max size is 180x180 pixels IIRC) and pay for uploading it using the New Avatar button at the top of the forums. You can set a custom text title there too.

I assume Cyrano will be back at some point. Haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

Post + AV Combo, I'll tell you w'hat.

I was thinking the same thing.

... you know, it just occurred to me that the quality of my personality affects my many posts in the ways that most reasonable people would predict, and... well... so many of my posts are good post-av combos. Now, I know what you're thinking:

quote:

... it just occurred to you?

Yes. Am I a... bad person?

Before you answer: at the store today, they had some 223 Remington, and I bought a box of 20 rounds. Maxx, by G H Ammunition. You've heard the commercials for this famous brand, I'm sure.

quote:

G H Ammunitionģ
"Did You Buy G H Ammunitionģ[/b] On Purpose?"

It's literally 20 steel rounds, which are somehow greenish, loosely wrapped in folds of brown paper in a box. Most 20-round boxes are packed in two columns of ten rounds separated and held by a plastic clip. I've seen some that instead have ten bisected rows of two, also held in a plastic clip. They're nice, flat boxes. This box is not flat at all. Can't wait to see what these do to Mrs. T's rifle. But on the up side, I also saw some Ballistol, which I've wanted to try for a while. I got a medium sized aerosol can, and an itty bitty little one that I'll put in my range bag.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

I managed to pick up 3 100-round boxes of 12 gauge target loads at my local Walmart at sub 25-cpr prices.
My first semi-auto shotgun, the most expensive firearm I've ever purchased, is supposed to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.
I've got three boxes of clays in my garage and my gun club has an automatic thrower.
My weekend plans are pleasantly flexible and nobody expects me to be anywhere during daylight hours on Saturday or Sunday.

Naturally, this coincides with multiple days of severe thunderstorms and a forecast with about 3 inches of rain.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I was fuckng desperate to get it scheduled before April 16th when it opens to everyone. Read an article today saying they expect vaccine availability to drop by 84% when the flood gates open.

SO wait, it will drop to 16% of 0?

Seriously though, I have been seeing people complaining about not being able to find a shot, and then on Nextdoor today there are people asking if there are seniors who need help scheduling because they work at a pharmacy and need to connect 100+ people with shots or something stupid like that. Because Oregon sucks at anything logistical or tech related. We paid 4 BILLION DOLLARS to Oracle on a no-bid "time and materials" contract for a non-functioning PPACA website only to have to wind up using the federal government's website, which would have been free to use from the get-go.SO of course they've made a hash out of scheduling shots.

They had a 20 person committee deciding who to give shots to in order to be equitable, and never got around to figuring out how to get people shots.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

poeticoddity posted:

I managed to pick up 3 100-round boxes of 12 gauge target loads at my local Walmart at sub 25-cpr prices.
My first semi-auto shotgun, the most expensive firearm I've ever purchased, is supposed to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.
I've got three boxes of clays in my garage and my gun club has an automatic thrower.
My weekend plans are pleasantly flexible and nobody expects me to be anywhere during daylight hours on Saturday or Sunday.

Naturally, this coincides with multiple days of severe thunderstorms and a forecast with about 3 inches of rain.

Ugh. That sucks. Reminds me of when I'd buy a telescope. I swear, I could have had a lucrative side hustle by moving to a drought-stricken area and ordering a telescope from the Internet. Never fails to draw days and days of rain.

Because I was turned on to Discord r/reloading and AmmoSeek, I've recently paid some dollars for ammo. Also, I had the money, and a week off. But, because I dedicated this week to long-delayed DIY projects around the house and garage, I haven't had time to just shoot stuff, not even with my airguns.

I bought 150 factory wadcutters because at a little under $1.00/round, they weren't too far off from the regular factory wadcutter price. I can't wait to see how these compare to the ones I roll myself. Then I got 100 Norma 357's (158 gr FMJ), and 100 38's from the same company that have the same bullet. I also grabbed some 22 LR's from Midway... S&K's and Thunderbolts.

All week, it's been nice, except for yesterday. Number of trips to the range: zero. And ammo ain't cheap no more.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Somebody Awful posted:

I assume Cyrano will be back at some point. Haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks.

Can't wait for the 23 page "TFR is a pedo safe space" thread that will get posted as soon as he does.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Somebody Awful posted:

Gunna be real fuckin pissed if he got permanently run off because of QCS shitheads.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Log posted:

That's awesome! J&J or an mRNA vaccine? If the latter, do you have the second shot scheduled up front?

Edit: just noticed you said first dose, I'm an idiot. Second question still stands.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shooting Blanks posted:

That's awesome! J&J or an mRNA vaccine? If the latter, do you have the second shot scheduled up front?

Edit: just noticed you said first dose, I'm an idiot. Second question still stands.

I think it might have auto-scheduled for May 5th, but I'm going to get the shot before I confirm anything.

So. loving. Close. To. FREEDOM!!!

I swear to God, I would have lost my mind over the last four years without you fine folks.

When this whole...poo poo rear end motor neuron thing started, taking away my ability to work with income, it's like I got sentenced to house arrest with permission to visit the parrot shop and the mall for feet massages. Since last loving January, it's been just straight up house arrest. I've had close to four years of my life poached. Sure, I lost fifty-five pounds, got my head on straight, stopped actively dying, and wrote 95% of a novel. But who gives a poo poo if you only see the inside of your small condo?

My mid thirties were robbed. It's high time I start making up for that poo poo.

But if I had to be stuck on an internet cruise ship, I couldn't ask for finer company.

(Not gonna lie, I am a thirty-six year old man. I'm not going to become Mr. Coffee Shop Every Night with a full social calendar. But having options again? I'm loving elated in ways I cannot articulate.)

Celebration Song -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyWN9ba9J8

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

stealie72 posted:

Gunna be real fuckin pissed if he got permanently run off because of QCS shitheads.

Cyrano loving off is a net good for TFR. Unless you really value "all voices are welcome to the table, including chuds if they elaborate enough." I can understand the hesitancy, with Cyrano being at the helm while TFR self-policed to improvement, but it's more likely than not false attribution to a lovely leader rather than the more accurate attribution to the populous that self-corrects regardless of such.

E: To clarify, Cyrano had their place as an admin of a forum of shitheads at large, not as moderator of a gun forum.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 9, 2021

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

A nice man shoved a Johnson in me today. Was mildly painful and left me slightly dizzy.

I didn't have any day of effects from the J&J vaccine. Morning after was fine, too, but by about 22 hours after it kicked my butt some. Just fatigue and general aches like I was only running on 2 hours sleep.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Jehde posted:

Cyrano loving off is a net good for TFR. Unless you really value "all voices are welcome to the table, including chuds if they elaborate enough." I can understand the hesitancy, with Cyrano being at the helm while TFR self-policed to improvement, but it's more likely than not false attribution to a lovely leader rather than the more accurate attribution to the populous that self-corrects regardless of such.

E: To clarify, Cyrano had their place as an admin of a forum of shitheads at large, not as moderator of a gun forum.

Maybe I'm biased in favor of Cyrano but I think this is unfair to him. If he had a fault it was the paradox of tolerance where he wanted to be inclusive as possible, which had the side effect of tolerating unpleasant behavior longer than he should have.

He was the first to admit that though, and was clear he regretted his earlier decisions and was still learning and improving. Which in my opinion is precisely the attitude you need for effective long term leadership and moderation. Otherwise you get a rotating cast that only lasts as long as their first mistake.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Captain Log, you may have a motor neuron thing, but you're not big, you're not heavy, you're not wood. You're Log. you're better than bad. You're good! Glad to hear that you see a light at the end of the tunnel. Here's hoping that it's not a train heading your way.

That said,

Captain Log posted:

When this whole...poo poo rear end motor neuron thing started, taking away my ability to work with income, it's like I got sentenced to house arrest with permission to visit the parrot shop and the mall for feet massages. Since last loving January, it's been just straight up house arrest. I've had close to four years of my life poached. Sure, I lost fifty-five pounds, got my head on straight, stopped actively dying, and wrote 95% of a novel. But who gives a poo poo if you only see the inside of your small condo?

What kind of whackadoodle, possibly illegal, parrot shop are you going to for "feet massages?" Is that code? Are you talking in young person code for sex shop? Is this one of those hashed tags? Or have "massage parlors" figured out that the cops are on to them, so now instead of offering massages with happy endings, they offer parrots and feet massages? Or am I way off base? Do you go there to get your parrot's feet massaged? PARROT SHOP FEET MASSAGE IS BREAKING MY BRAIN.

Need caffeine.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

darnon posted:

I didn't have any day of effects from the J&J vaccine. Morning after was fine, too, but by about 22 hours after it kicked my butt some. Just fatigue and general aches like I was only running on 2 hours sleep.

By the time I got home from work, about seven hours after I took the shot, I had aches, chills, and a mild headache. It sucked. I still feel a little hungover, but it's lol when you're buried under three blankets, cold, while a thunderstorm is going on.

A BC powder helped but drat

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

DarkHorse posted:

Maybe I'm biased in favor of Cyrano but I think this is unfair to him. If he had a fault it was the paradox of tolerance where he wanted to be inclusive as possible, which had the side effect of tolerating unpleasant behavior longer than he should have.

He was the first to admit that though, and was clear he regretted his earlier decisions and was still learning and improving. Which in my opinion is precisely the attitude you need for effective long term leadership and moderation. Otherwise you get a rotating cast that only lasts as long as their first mistake.

I think he still erred on treating shitbirds too gently, but it seemed like he was slowly turning that around... just a lot slower than most of us would've liked. That's why it's good to have other people moderating the forum, too. As long as Cyrano doesn't shoot down other mods when they're more willing to give dipshits like Cease to Hope the boot*, I don't have a problem with him coming back to modding TFR. And overall I like having him around in discussions, so losing his presence in TFR altogether would be a bummer.

* I'm gonna be real here: Somebody Awful was still too slow to tell CtH to gently caress off. Dude should've been run off loving months ago, but Somebody Awful is still a pretty new mod so I can understand and forgive the hesitancy.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 9, 2021

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

A friend let me store use a building they have for winter storage for my rooftop tent. Its been a huge hassle to get our schedules to sync up so I can get it back on my truck. Im trying to come up with a way to store it at home now.

Does anyone have thoughts on a good pulley-based garage storage system I could either buy outright or rig up? The tent itself is ~160lbs.

Otherwise Im going to just build a lifting apparatus and store the whole production in a self-store facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Ammo chat:

This is something I've told folks repeatedly in the discord, but I dont think I've posted here. To get alerts for ammo, do the following:
1. Download the "Alerts for Reddit" app
2. Set then up for at least the following two subreddits - r/instockammo and r/ammo_god using whatever caliber you're looking for as the alert term. For the most part people include cpr in the price so yo can glance at your notification and decide if you want to buy it or not.

Bonus 3. If there's a specific part you're looking for, set up an alert for it too on r/gundeals and for AR parts, can also do it on r/aeroprecisioninstock

Y'all are welcome.