Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
There must surely be tons of useful information about the real world net benefits (or lack thereof) from the countries that have legal prostitution? Have Australia noticed a difference since prostitution became legal? Do sex workers there have greater or lesser risk of assault? I can’t believe that despite their relaxed attitude to life that Australia just legalised prostitution and treated it as a solved problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Straight White Shark posted:

hmm yes I definitely can't think of any reasons why a trafficked woman would not be able to avail themselves of the legal protection of the police

pack it in everyone, we've solved sex trafficking. another successful goon project.

Goon project? Let's turn Groverhaus into a brothel!

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
yes hello i would like to buy 1 (one) sex please

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Doobies shack but a brothel :hmmno:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
called Boobies

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it should be illegal to sell sex and hot beverages

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
When you think about it, prostitution is basically massage. So it's pretty weird that you can get all sorts of massages, but it's illegal to massage a dick with a pussy or vice versa.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'd like to get laid one day too, OP. Make it legal

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is there a good reason why prostitution is illegal? I don't really know the reason why it is, is there some historical reason for why this is the case and it's still maintained in many countries? It just doesn't make sense to me to criminalize sex workers.

because people want to punish women for having sex

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OMGVBFLOL posted:

because people want to punish women for having sex

Having sex outside the bonds of holy matrimony is a sin, OP.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Meme Poker Party posted:

Actually you’ll find it’s only a sin if you’re not a straight male

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
It’s so unfair that now I’m a fat old guy with a little extra money I can’t visit a whorehouse. Looking back at Victorian England I could be a ‘sporting gent’ and gently caress whores until my nose fell off from syphilis.

It’s thanks to these puritans I still need to be nice to my wife or go to all the trouble of setting up keywords and kinda flirting on Seeking Arrangement like a common congressman. Might as well get on Grindr, Jesus.

my wife posts here and brought me here, that’s a joke

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
terrible

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Cubelodyte posted:

Well at least the worry of their own prosecution would be removed, so wouldn’t that be a positive step??

I think most/all people in this conversation are in favor of decriminalizing prostitution, because arresting vulnerable women in order to "protect" them is some psycho poo poo. I just assumed the debate was over whether solicitation should be illegal (which still interferes with sex workers' ability to run their business and isolates them from whatever protection law enforcement might be able to give them.)

Woden
May 6, 2006

Torquemada posted:

There must surely be tons of useful information about the real world net benefits (or lack thereof) from the countries that have legal prostitution? Have Australia noticed a difference since prostitution became legal? Do sex workers there have greater or lesser risk of assault? I can’t believe that despite their relaxed attitude to life that Australia just legalised prostitution and treated it as a solved problem.

That's exactly what happened in Queensland.

Lots of dumb rules came with legalisation, so it's more like moving from one set of lovely laws to a different set of lovely laws and no one wants to change them because sex work is an icky topic.

Woden fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 4, 2021

muffler
Feb 12, 2021

by sebmojo
because then there'd be no incentive for young women to pretend they actually like older men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Meme Poker Party posted:

thats between the fornicators and god, the laws of man should stay out of it