Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Binnington doing wonders for the Avs PP%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Nice GWG by Makar there, he needed it. I think his last two games may have been his worst two of his career.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Not gonna lie, happy to see the Wild got boat raced tonight.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Shutout by Johannson. Let's hope he didn't charm Sakic in to keeping him for the long haul.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Getzlaf is a real piece of poo poo it seems

Edit: lmao and now a goal off him into his own net.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Lol refs in Colorado literally fabricating a goal

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is it bad there's a tiny, :tinfoil: part of me that wonders in the wake of Tim Peel's Unfortunate Hot Mic if they do stuff like this?

e- Laine hat trick, please.

I don't think it is!

But now that I've gotten over the initial disgust, should clarify it was replay booth and not the on-ice refs.

But also:

Aces High posted:

this review straight up feels like "ok, you're right, we made the goal up, we'll call it back because of 'interference'"

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Reading this thread from the "dead men walking" initial posts was fun

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Good return game by the Avs. They have good momentum against either St Louis or Arizona at the 4 spot. Just need to stay ahead of Vegas.

Mike_V posted:

it'd be great if the blues kept on losing

Don't think they'll be able to outpace Arizona in futility to be honest

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Avs 3-0 shutout and yet I still hate it. Graves and Girard left the game early, word seems to be getting out you can drive your elbow in to the defender's head and not get penalized.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Mike_V posted:

Avs and Vegas clearly a class ahead of the blues and wild. nice to see the blues wrecking the wild in their barn though

Why would you do this?!

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Oof, Jack Hughes just got rode like a sled into the boards

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

aejix posted:

They haven't got poo poo on the Avs announcers, I think I hate them more than jack Edwards and I hate jack Edwards a LOT

You should do some self discovery then because they are the best

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Levitate posted:

Avs announcers are the ones that sounds like the othe rteam killed their dog when they score?

Moser is on one of the nhl network commercials calling a goal for the other team he gets so excited. McNab is famous as the second Bruin over the glass and in to the stands back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Looks like Avalanche are going to claim the President's trophy and home ice. Curious to see if that gets Grubi the Vezina as well.

Unposted by me after first period:

Avalanche are doing their best to avoid President's trophy curse, currently being shut-out by a 31 year old goalie playing in his 4th NHL game.