Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sticking this because it looks really cool and I cant wait to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Thanks for the sticky, you will still pay the price.

I GAVE U UR MTV WHAT MORE CAN A MAN DO ?!?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ben Quebec posted:

change my name to OUTWORLD GLENN

lol i wish mods could do name changes and also that name changes didnt risk locking people out of their accounts

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

has anyone made the wiki yet?

wikifeet page for the game is up and running

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Does the co op work yet, how many people can work together?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ben Quebec posted:

Coop works and there isn't an upper limit to how many people you can play with. That's a big part of this alpha, to determine how many people can play before the code unravels.

To host you must forward your port:

If Hosting Forward Port:9999

Haha cool, Id like to host a game when i get tired of warzone in a minute here, what is this forward port stuff i am bad with computer

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ben Quebec posted:

you go into the router and say forward port and then ---- I'll just host when you wanna play. lol

lol gently caress ok im going one more game then im in

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Were messing around in a server now the code is 7F3DC2DJ.

edit we both had to go but Ill set up a twitch steam and a time soon and post it in the title when we can have a few hours to mess around!

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 3, 2021

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Bad Purchase posted:

downloading now. do you recommend keyboard and mouse or a gamepad to consume this media?

tried a controller out of curiosity but it didnt work

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

as the mod who stuck this thread i demand top billing

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Rhopunzel posted:

HugeGrossBurrito's Outworlder

im just saying

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Glad to see goons are getting their requests approved quickly so we can get criticized faster.

Ive been enjoying it even though im terrible with keyboard controls

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ben Quebec posted:

If you'd like HGB I'd be happy to rope you into internal tests too. We do them on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm EST

would love to!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

A lot of people are finding difficulty in knowing what to do so it isn't just you. We'll be looking at accessibility and giving more info in-game.

If an NPC is in your squad it means they'll presumably follow you and you can give direct commands (which isn't very much atm), whereas colony means they're in the greater group and can be left to their own devices at your base.

Squads conceptually exist to give you a means of delivering commands to fireteams following you or instructions to digging crews, farmers, etcetera, other ways of delivering immediate commands.

a game thats also not far from alpha Ostriv, does a pretty good job at saying hey idiot do this, as you play. I needed it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Literally A Person posted:

Don't go through the trouble right this minute. I'll have some spare time to play tomorrow evening. I'll hit you up in PMs or on the discord at some point.

Yo let me know