Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Hell yes.

Please join our Steam Playtest for our .1 Alpha (or is it .0000001???? lol) but seriously, we need a ton of goons to join and give us good and valuable feedback otherwise we'll get awful feedback from the general population

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

dee eight posted:

hard pass, video games are for children

video games are a gentleman's past time much like gardening

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I GAVE U UR MTV WHAT MORE CAN A MAN DO ?!?

change my name to OUTWORLD GLENN

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Derpies posted:

Can I tug in this game???

You may have to wait for modders on this request mein derps

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Spinz posted:

Fine I'm going to go pound a woolly mammoth with my club so we can all eat

yessss spinz

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

fortunately its the future and you can shoot with guns

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

low key sex master posted:

This sounds fun but be warned I am a bug magnet and I will wreck your game in ways you cannot imagine

dude yes

This is What I Crave

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Also here is the Mr. Saturn edition of this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963962

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

.random posted:

A lot of mods in this thread. Wondering if theyíve been drawn in by a deep misunderstanding about all these promises of MOD SUPPORT

MOD SUPPORT SUPPORT MOD

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Kharnifex posted:

Looks good, wealth beyond measure, outworlder.

why walk when you can sign up and playtest our game

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

our game lets you use guns

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Looks really cool, signed up for it, I've done some beta testing before so hopefully I can break things in new and exciting ways for you

Honestly, yes, please. Come into our alpha and absolutely wreck it. We've shifted our development plans during this phase to be very reactive to feedback we receive. Which is why goons playing is essential.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

N. Senada posted:

Gimme game to play, I just want the pretty movements. Do it

Devs are working on the final build of the week and then we'll upload it to Steam and then uhhhh you should be able to.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

youve caught me, this game is in fact funded entirely by canadian billionaire lawrence stroll

*is mcnulty from the wire* follow the money

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Play posted:

Same but 30 seconds. Are you even running a professional operation here?

About That...

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Verbatim from the Powers That Be

Iíll make a quick test and start sharing the first part

You can play our alpha game soooooon

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Check ur steam, goons

OOOPS our port forward fix isn't in this build.

To host you must forward your port:

If Hosting Forward Port:9999

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I donít know anything about platform licensing or whatever but are there any potential plans for a console release? Isnít Sony pretty helpful with getting indie titles going?

We want this everywhere we can get it of course. idgaf what platform this ends up on

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Edgar posted:

Nice, can we record it for the tubes?

Yeah dude have fun.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

I thought that Steam Playtest would have a built-in Bug Report but it doesn't. I suppose just post stuff in this thread but if you want to be helpful, go to our discord and post it in feedback. One of my guys is making a feedback form as we speak, and I'll link that in here as another alternative.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Does the co op work yet, how many people can work together?

Coop works and there isn't an upper limit to how many people you can play with. That's a big part of this alpha, to determine how many people can play before the code unravels.

To host you must forward your port:

If Hosting Forward Port:9999

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Haha cool, Id like to host a game when i get tired of warzone in a minute here, what is this forward port stuff i am bad with computer

you go into the router and say forward port and then ---- I'll just host when you wanna play. lol

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol gently caress ok im going one more game then im in

No prob I need to work out a little before I get to it

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Ventral EggSac posted:

Bug: I just accidentally killed a chicken with my pickaxe and now I'm weeping at my computer

lmao our damage values aren't normalized across the board. So our survival rifle is doing meaningless damage. dozens of shots to kill a chicken

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Philthy posted:

dreamcast should be first imo

For the VMU

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

when i worked on a Certain Other Game one of the other artists had a tantrum because he wanted his name to be above mine in the credits and imply he had seniority over me. on announcement he got himself banned from editing it because he kept trying to go under everyones nose to change it.

a few weeks later someone edited the wikipedia page to do the same, suspiciously it was the only change made and it was from an IP in the state he lived in

i am so glad we don't have to deal with poo poo like this

we dont gotta deal with it because my name is going on the front of the main title screen bich get ready

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Whybird posted:

Where's a good place to drop bug reports, feedback, and feature requests?

Here's the general feedback form. I would be obliged if everyone who tried it filled it out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSfxSzoQhVvBYshopsYKfVY4u0awFDk8MrIfk5K4TvYiaRYw/viewform

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

blight rhino posted:

So, I'm brand new to these sort of games. I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the work bench? I've been harvesting like mad, and trying to trick the NPCs into continue following me. I love digging around and making caves.

But, I'm currently lost

can someone break it down like you would for an idiot? (i'm an idiot)

Sure. Once you have ample raw material like you do - create a crafting bench and place it. Once it's placed "PRESS TAB" in order to hand craft an item. Our dev decided that Pressing E on a bench would make you place a work order (for an NPC to create it for you, ostensibly) and that Pressing Tab would allow you to handcraft an item for yourself.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Tempus Thales posted:

This looks really cool... I wish-listed, followed, and requested access to the playtest... I also read to the very end of this thread and since no one has asked, is there a reference to Goatse anywhere in the game or no?

Not yet!!!!!!

But I think we'll figure that one out...

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Tempus Thales posted:

This looks really cool... I wish-listed, followed, and requested access to the playtest... I also read to the very end of this thread and since no one has asked, is there a reference to Goatse anywhere in the game or no?

Separately, it would be extremely funny if we had an enormous, barkley shutup and jam style data log on an in-game computer of endless, scrolling text of you trying to convince goons that the GCN thing isn't hacked

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Ive been enjoying it even though im terrible with keyboard controls

If you'd like HGB I'd be happy to rope you into internal tests too. We do them on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm EST

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Valtonen posted:

Are the maps endless or does the planet loop around? Iíve been running in one direction fir a good 10k tiles so far; long way back.

It's currently endless. But I think wrap around is the route we'll get to eventually.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I signed up. How long do you usually need to approve this?

Steam Playtest is weird in that it approves in batches / waves. I have to look into the details but I'm sure we could do another push soon-ish.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

DJ_AIRHORN.WAV

New build is out, friends. See below for changelog:

BUILD UPDATE

Fixed Steam App ID not being set to Outworlder Playtest
Switch to D3D11 as the main graphics API on Windows
Increased minimum temperature from -15 to 10C, preventing hypothermia from ever kicking in
Improved surface biome generation somewhat; fixed excessive canyon biome
Fixed issue with intro message that caused MP Versus mode to no longer start
Possibly fixed the backwards flying birds?
Fixed issue that caused infinite crafting jobs to continue crafting after ingredients are depleted
Added buttons to open the playtest feedback and bug report forms in main menu
Fixed issue where game would sometimes freeze and become unresponsive when you die
NPC status tooltip now shows the list of afflictions currently affecting a character (Hunger, Bleeding, etc.)
Bird/wildlife HP adjusted so theyíll die from a reasonable amount of gunshots
Crash pods now have more than one sprite to choose from.
Improvements to weapon clip animations and physics
Alien blocks renamed to not include the word Alien
Alien blocks now make slimy sounds
Temporarily disabled Bleeding affliction from being given to players/NPCs by enemies like Beast and Predator until never-ending bleeding issue is resolved

Bolded what I like.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Dandywalken posted:

Im in, and extremely powerful so you better watch out

Oh gently caress

Please put that in the FEEDBACK FORM, please. So that I know that its you and BOLD it.

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Put that poo poo in the feedback, pls. It goes a long way with a publisher which ostensibly makes or breaks whether or not we get to make the game we want versus the game we get to make.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

We just pushed through another wave of playtesters!!!!!!

Also Steam Playtest fixed itself so now I have access to it.

This happened before my ticket was answered lmao

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

Ben (Lead Dev) pushed a hotfix for that multiplayer issue. Should be clear now. Let me know though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Quebec
Oct 30, 2005

itry posted:

Do you guys have any multiplayer stress tests lined up?

We've done internal stress tests and synthetic tests where we boot several copies of the game and spawn in a poo poo pile of NPCs.

We want to iron out some more stuff and maybe get the NAT punch through working before we start an actual big rear end stress test with real people.

Other things need to happen like the world wrapping around instead of being infinite like minecraft. The OG lead dev who left the company loved minecraft so much that he based the whole thing around it despite Rho protestations. But, yeah, no wrap around doesn't translate well in 2d.